PDA

View Full Version : RT Buzzing Issue?

Rladuke
09-06-2016, 07:51 AM
I have a 2015 RT Ltd. with about 5000 miles on it. Recently I am hearing a "Buzzing" coming from what appears to be from the dash area? at around 3000 RPM in road gear. If I let off the throttle it goes away and immediately reappears when I apply throttle again? Any thoughts on what it may be?:banghead:

Bob Denman
09-06-2016, 07:55 AM
Have you tried putting your hand on various parts and pieces of the dash, when the buzzing occurs? :dontknow:
Something isn't nailed down correctly...

Rladuke
09-06-2016, 08:01 AM
I have...can't feel anything at all!!

4 MARIE
09-06-2016, 08:25 AM
I have...can't feel anything at all!!

Since we're talking about 3thousand , in gear, you probably won't "feel" anything. I think the idea is you push a couple places and see if the buzz goes away, and then you at least know what is loose, or clashing, or whatever.

Me personally, I cannot have the distraction of doing the "hand diagnosis" rolling down the road, and I'm not particularly traffic
challenged here. Good Luck !

Bob Denman
09-06-2016, 08:25 AM
Perhaps a wiring harness behind a panel? :dontknow:

"Me personally, I cannot have the distraction of doing the "hand diagnosis" rolling down the road, and I'm not particularly traffic challenged here. Good Luck !"

If somebody asks for help: we can only do what we can, to help them out...
We've been asked to diagnose a buzz in the dash. I doubt that any of us will ride over to the O.P.'s house, and find it for them, so we can only offer suggestions from long distance... :banghead:
It's not the ideal situation!

Rladuke
09-06-2016, 08:30 AM
If I can't determine anything, I'll just have Pitbull check it on next visit to Springfield, MO. Thanks for you all suggestions:clap:

Fat Baxter
09-06-2016, 11:17 PM
Sometimes it's just harmonics. A particular body panel may buzz at/around a certain RPM. Bikes with lots of Tupperware are known to do that.

if it's really annoying, and you can isolate the body panel, a bit of sticky-back, foam door seal tape will fix things.