PDA

View Full Version : Laser alinement in North carolina for new bike less then 2 k miles?

Ctider07
09-05-2016, 07:22 PM
Rt s 2016

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

CapeSpyder
09-05-2016, 07:44 PM
try here

http://www.spydercomfort.com/dealers.htm

http://www.spydercomfort.com/dealersnc.htm

ES44AC
09-05-2016, 07:49 PM
Winston Salem,NC Can Am/Honda has it, but I know that is a long way from Ranlo. They have a good service department.

Ctider07
09-05-2016, 08:08 PM
Thank you all ride safe cwt

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

jroberts650
09-05-2016, 08:44 PM
Not sure how far you are from charlotte but Matthews Fun Machines does the laser alignment. Last time I checked it was only $125

Jetfixer
09-06-2016, 06:46 AM
Not sure how far you are from charlotte but Matthews Fun Machines does the laser alignment. Last time I checked it was only $125
That's where I had mine done. They did a great job, and gave me a new F3 to ride while mine was being aligned so I didn't have to sit around. They gave me directions for a 70 mile scenic "test ride" on the F3!!

Msmoto
09-06-2016, 08:09 AM
If i have a few minutes, I am going to set up my own laser alignment set up. This is not that difficult and for one who has varied the camber, castor and toe on racing vehicles, I would like to check these on the Spyder as there seems to be a lot of sensitivity to road camber in the steering.

In the service department at my dealer there was even the suggestion that the Spyders are delivered with a toe in error which should be checked on the first inspection at 3000 miles.... for only $150 or something like that. As I have at least a basic knowledge of how to do this, by simply attaching a good laser pointer to a straight edge, then setting up the spyder in front of a wall, one can easily measure the toe of the front wheels, also the alignment of the rear.

Admittedly, this is for those who have no job and lots of time, but the actual mechanics of checking are not complicated. The issues which require the fancy mega buck machine are castor and camber, but even camber can be measured manual if one has the correct device...there is an App for the smartphones which can be used to check camber.

Sam Mac
09-06-2016, 08:50 AM
If i have a few minutes, I am going to set up my own laser alignment set up. This is not that difficult and for one who has varied the camber, castor and toe on racing vehicles, I would like to check these on the Spyder as there seems to be a lot of sensitivity to road camber in the steering.

In the service department at my dealer there was even the suggestion that the Spyders are delivered with a toe in error which should be checked on the first inspection at 3000 miles.... for only $150 or something like that. As I have at least a basic knowledge of how to do this, by simply attaching a good laser pointer to a straight edge, then setting up the spyder in front of a wall, one can easily measure the toe of the front wheels, also the alignment of the rear.

Admittedly, this is for those who have no job and lots of time, but the actual mechanics of checking are not complicated. The issues which require the fancy mega buck machine are castor and camber, but even camber can be measured manual if one has the correct device...there is an App for the smartphones which can be used to check camber.

I did it with a set of toe plates. not as accurate as laser but I was happy with the results.