PDA

View Full Version : First ride 2016 F 3 T

Samson
09-05-2016, 02:09 PM
I was finally able to go for the first ride yesterday and another ride today. I have owned bikes for 40+ years and have had many different models including some race carts and snow mobiles. Of course I varied the rpm and didn't really push the machine since I had never been on it but I must say that I am very happy so far. There will be a learning curve as you all know and finding the comfort zone on taking corners and curves will be a trial and error exercise. The power and the comfort of the seat are really a surprise to me. I rode 200 miles yesterday and 100 miles this morning, no fatigue at all. The wind kicked up yesterday and it was about 25 mph cross wind, that was interesting but overall it really just stepped up the learning process so not bad. The wind protection is really amazing, no need to change the windshield as it seems to put the wind right over the helmet, no wind on leggs and arms, mirrors are perfect and I can actually see behind me without mirror extensions.

I will need to get the brake lever rod for the furthest point and that will fix the awkward foot position when breaking. I am 6'0 250 lbs , the handle bars seem to be ok in the configuration delivered but maybe after the brake lever change I will focus on the bars. I do have the vibration in the belt, will get the BRP part to take care of this unless there is a better alternative from a forum sponsor. I have not ridden the bike enough to have an opinion on the front sway bar, the bike seems to be VERY responsive in changing direction, very similar to the high performance cart I had. I like the SE6 transmission when up shifting but have not gotten used to the downshift as there is a surge in rpm when down shifting and just not use to this yet.

Over all it seems to be a very nice machine and one that could check all the boxes for me as a sport touring machine to be able to ride 300 miles or so on a 1 or 2 day trip with no problems at all.

I am looking forward to learning from the experts here and hopefully seeing some of you on the roads.

Bob Denman
09-05-2016, 05:12 PM
:D Face it: the hook has already been set, and you're as good as in the boat! :thumbup:
:congrats: :welcome:

_..stiffler..
09-05-2016, 05:31 PM
Welcome. Add some pis of the machine. And your riding area.

I also need to get the longer extension. I'm at 4th spot now I believe on the F3S. And it could be a bit longer.

I'm also 6' and 230lbs.

You will prob be good with the Brp belt tensioner. But nobody really knows yet. And only 30 bucks compared to 300.

Get some fog lights from lamonster garage. They are amazing. And very very easy to install.

No need for the sway bar IMO. Unless 2 up alot.

Other than that. Get out there and mile it up.

I have 5000km on mine in 4 weeks and love it.

Enjoy. You will love the machine.

Stiff

Sent on Note 5 in Taptalk