PDA

View Full Version : Help from any Mustang F3-L riders?

Peteoz
09-03-2016, 10:21 PM
The Cannonball seats are going OK, but I would like a single seat, and Mustang has always worked for me when I haven't bought a Day-Long.

I was wondering if there is any difference in the Mustang length dimensions to stock on the F3-L. If anyone is running the Mustang / F3 combo, and time permits, would you mind doing a couple of measurements for me? One from the rear of the alloy fuel cap to the seat junction (24.5" on the Cannonball), and another from the alloy fuel cap to the edge of the seat kick up.....see attached......

I have emailed Mustang but have had no reply, and it's an expensive excercise to get a seat shipped out here without doing your homework.

Many thanks, Pete

p.s. Please excuse the daggy rear passenger boards......that bloody Lamont STILL hasn't made passenger boards to match the RIP driver boards :p

papanorm
09-04-2016, 05:27 AM
Pete, I just got my Mustang seat for my F3 L and the two measurements are 24.5" straight back and 23.5" for the other. The great benefit for me is the support and the shock absorption compared to the original seat. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Peteoz
09-04-2016, 03:23 PM
That is PERFECT, many thanks for taking the time to do that, Norm.......I don't lose any rearward distance and the side hips start an inch or two further back..........that's certainly worth a go.......
Pete

papanorm
09-04-2016, 06:31 PM
I was able to speak with Mustang's tech support before I ordered the seat. Perhaps they are more phone responsive than email. The person spent a lot of time with me and answered all of my questions. Thanks Pete.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk