PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine light

First Spyder
09-02-2016, 10:14 PM
Have an issue that the check engine light is on. Code PO175 showed when I checked. I called the dealer and they said bad fuel. Ran with light on until under a half tank. Dealer said to add SeaFoam in the tank with fresh gas. The light is still on . I have taken it to the dealer 4 times this year. I just hit 5,300 miles. Time for a trade I think. I have a 2011 RTS. Any feed back? What's wrong with this Spyder?

Dudley
09-02-2016, 10:33 PM
Have an issue that the check engine light is on. Code PO175 showed when I checked. I called the dealer and they said bad fuel. Ran with light on until under a half tank. Dealer said to add SeaFoam in the tank with fresh gas. The light is still on . I have taken it to the dealer 4 times this year. I just hit 5,300 miles. Time for a trade I think. I have a 2011 RTS. Any feed back? What's wrong with this Spyder?

This may help you.

https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/p0175-obd-ii-trouble-code-p0175-system-too-rich-bank-2-by-blake-griffin

al0vely
09-03-2016, 04:58 AM
Maybe you should try a different dealer to properly diagnose the problem and resolve.

jcthorne
09-03-2016, 05:37 AM
p0175 is system too rich cylinder number 2. this usually points to a fouled or failing o2 sensor on the rear cylinder. i would suggest new plugs and ignition wires at the same time.

JimboRTS
09-03-2016, 09:55 AM

My Spyder was at the dealer for 5 weeks and they could not figure out check engine light.
I told them to replace the 2 map sensor hoses. They did and light out and it ran perfect.
do a search on this site for
Vacuum hose failure
Map sensor tubing
Than go to NAPA and buy Silicon hose #H466 about $10.00 and replace the 2 vacuum hoses cut to the same factory length. For $10.00 you don't have much to loose as they go bad.

Jim

Chupaca
09-03-2016, 10:35 AM
:agree:....here is what happens and they do get worse

136942 I would start here then on to the o2 sensor....:thumbup:

Snowbelt Spyder
09-03-2016, 11:00 AM
My Spyder was at the dealer for 5 weeks and they could not figure out check engine light.
I told them to replace the 2 map sensor hoses. They did and light out and it ran perfect.
do a search on this site for
Vacuum hose failure
Map sensor tubing
Than go to NAPA and buy Silicon hose #H466 about $10.00 and replace the 2 vacuum hoses cut to the same factory length. For $10.00 you don't have much to loose as they go bad.

Jim

Agreed, and continue with the Seafoam. You have a severely under-used Spyder. Not uncommon to have a sticky / dirty injector at all. Give the stuff some time to work. Search the forum for P0175.