PDA

View Full Version : HUNTER MOUNTAIN - COLORS IN THE CATSKILLS / OCTOBERFEST

FieldTester
09-02-2016, 06:41 PM
SATURDAY, OCT 1ST : http://www.huntermtn.com/summer/festivals/colors-in-the-catskills/

We will start a group ride at the Roscoe Diner Parking Lot at 10 AM and will hook up with anyone interested along state route 30 and 28 thru Margaretville and onto Hunter Mountain arriving around noon.

Lots of fun last time, we took the gondola ride to the top of Hunter Mountain after a nice schnitzel lunch. Looking forward to the same again !!

Who's in with us ?? :yes:

POPEYEART
09-07-2016, 09:00 AM
SOUNDS GREAT, PLEASE PM ME THE ADDRESS FOR THE MEETUP, WILL BE HEADED OVER FROM PA., SLIGHTLY FAMILIAR WITH AREA AS I USED TO GO TO ONEONTA THRU THERE. LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING BACK
FROM YOU, THIS WILL BE NICE SINCE I MISSED " SPYDERQUEST ' THIS YEAR

muskrat
09-10-2016, 06:57 PM
SOUNDS NICE ! WE WOULD LIKE TO MEET UP WITH YOU ALONG THE WAY OR MAYBE ROSCOE. WILL MONITOR THE THREAD AS THE DATE GETS CLOSER.

taxmyzer
09-12-2016, 02:03 AM
If weather cooperates count us in.

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
09-12-2016, 07:02 AM
if it can happen on a sunday my wife & i can go

FieldTester
09-12-2016, 07:50 AM
Weather Alternate would certainly be Sunday, Oct. 2nd. We want a stellar day for this ride ! :pray:

Sam Mac
09-15-2016, 07:15 PM
Sounds like a nice ride. Been through Rosco many times on the way to Watkins Glen and skied at Hunter many years ago. K-27 is a killer run.

spydaman60
09-15-2016, 07:17 PM
would love to join you again, but will be headed to maggy valley as will ron and derrick!!:thumbup:

FieldTester
09-15-2016, 07:34 PM
would love to join you again, but will be headed to maggy valley as will ron and derrick!!:thumbup:

I appreciate this info, the Phoenicia stopover is a maybe now if someone new chimes in for it.

Thanks buddy.

EdDeRosia
09-15-2016, 08:48 PM
Sounds good Carl. Kathy and I will be there.

FieldTester
09-16-2016, 06:51 AM
Ride Start time changed to 10 AM at the Roscoe Diner since no Phoenicia stopover necessary. :)

Y-me
09-21-2016, 08:54 PM
I should be able to make it. See you in Roscoe.

Bob Denman
09-23-2016, 11:08 AM
:D I'm trying to make it happen... I'm telling the Missus that it'd be a great Birthday Present for myself...

Question: will we be eating breakfast at the Roscoe Diner, or should we show up with full bellies?

Trbayth
09-23-2016, 01:14 PM
EDIT: Looks like I won't be able to make it as the Spyderquest committee is having their wrap-up meeting that day.

I'm going to try to make this. Will know better next week.

I'll keep an eye on this thread as well.

EdDeRosia
09-26-2016, 06:53 AM
Carl's internet is down until Wednesday. He should be up and running in time for any final decisions. Bob we usually get there in time to leave so I would either suggest a full belly or arrive a bit early so Kathy can buy your breakfast.;)

FieldTester
09-29-2016, 03:34 PM
My backwoods DSL internet is up and running finally :yes:

The weather forecast is changing daily so I am going to wait to make the call after a final weather check tomorrow around 6 PM.
Options are this Saturday or Sunday. If ng we will try again for next weekends Octoberfest at Hunter Mtn.

We also will be making a stop at the Pepacton Bridge to hook up with some more spyder riders from S. Korthwright.

FieldTester
09-30-2016, 05:01 PM
Its still the same smuts for this weekend :banghead: so lets reschedule for next Saturday, Oct 8th.

Hopfully we will have some clear sunny weather to view the fall foliage atop Hunter Mtn, it was an outstanding view from there last year.

See you guys next weekend. :)

taxmyzer
09-30-2016, 05:28 PM
A Plan! Hope weather for next week is better.:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

FieldTester
10-05-2016, 03:36 PM
BUMP -

The Sun decided to shine today up here after over a week. I took a spin over by Andes and the trees are about half way there.
Up at Hunter Mtn this weekend they should be near peak and we should get some great photos.

I will out off Montauk for the next couple of days, getting back home late Friday eve. Ed DeRosia will make the call and post on Friday as to this ride getting off on Saturday or Sunday. Val and I will be joining in as well either day. :)

EdDeRosia
10-07-2016, 08:57 AM
BUMP -

The Sun decided to shine today up here after over a week. I took a spin over by Andes and the trees are about half way there.
Up at Hunter Mtn this weekend they should be near peak and we should get some great photos.

I will out off Montauk for the next couple of days, getting back home late Friday eve. Ed DeRosia will make the call and post on Friday as to this ride getting off on Saturday or Sunday. Val and I will be joining in as well either day. :)

138525Well once again the weather man has messed up a really good plan. All of the forecasts I get for tomorrow are saying a 60% chance of rain. So unless someone has a new rain suit they would like to try out, let's put this ride off until this Sunday when it is supposed to be sunny but a bit chilly. Carl will be back to call it for Sunday.

otter28169
10-07-2016, 12:45 PM
wish I could get down there, tied up all weekend though.

Just sayin'...........

BanditoRS
10-07-2016, 08:19 PM
I saw the same forecast for a few days now so Sunday looks like the better day so far. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it is not too cold. We hope to hook up with those of you out of Roscoe at the far side of the bridge over the Pepacton Reservoir on RT. 30 north. If we are not there when you arrive then we can't make it for some unknown reason. If we are going we will be there on time ( 10:30 sound right ? ). We are the couple from S. Kortright. Thanks.:spyder:

FieldTester
10-08-2016, 06:25 PM
OK, Val and I will see you all at the Roscoe Diner lot at 10 AM tomorrow. Looks like a nice day for a ride :yes:

We should be at the Pepacton Bridge around 10:45 to meet up with Bandito and will make one additional stop along the way for fuel, etc .

You guys can PM me for info if needed.

FieldTester
10-09-2016, 06:56 AM
TODAY'S RIDE IS CANCELLED - :banghead:
I JUST WENT OUT FOR A SPIN AND NOT NICE WITH THE WIND AND SOME DRIZZILE.

I WILL SEND A PM TO THOSE OF YOU WHO I HAVE NOT SPOKEN TO ALREADY.

BanditoRS
10-09-2016, 08:08 AM
Hello Joelthebiker,
If you get this message in time and are interested in meeting us at our home in S. Kortright we can take you the short way to the Papacton bridge through Andes and Tremperskill if you are not familiar with that route. A lot shorter than going RT.28 to Dunraven, and then RT. 30 south to the bridge. We are on the corner of County Routes 18 ( Back River Rd. ) and 5 ( Pink St. ) South Kortright. 607-538-1548

BanditoRS

EdDeRosia
10-09-2016, 03:57 PM
:yes:For a canceled ride it sure went well and we had a good time. Just 3 bikes. No rain or foul weather. A bit chilly but it is that time of year again. The sun came out on the way home and it warmed up quite nicely.

FieldTester
10-10-2016, 11:38 AM
Yes, Joe we will try again for Saturday 10/15. I may have made the call to early yesterday but I am looking for a stellar day so that we can enjoy the colorful views from atop Hunter Mountain. That was the purpose of having this ride.

I live on the top of another mountain here and it was very unconfortable up here yesterday, and had based my decision on that.

I am glad that Ed had decided later to connect with Dennis and get the day in.

Anyway, we hope that this Saturday is in the cards for us.

taxmyzer
10-11-2016, 09:51 AM
The the third time is the charm. If weather cooperates we are in. We will be riding up from Long Island so we hope temperatures inprove by the end of the week.

ibuycars
10-12-2016, 04:02 PM
will ride up from long island let me know where to meet

FieldTester
10-14-2016, 08:14 AM
The forecast is looking good for tomorrow: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-74.90400822848386&lat=42.06055650832107#.WADaUerrvct

Start time of 10 AM - **Thanks Joe for your previous post :)

FieldTester
10-15-2016, 06:31 AM
Most have dropped out, it is 32 degs here now ! Only Taxmizer is still coming up from Long Island - he's a trooper for sure !

Val and I will be meeting him and his wife this cold morning in Roscoe and riding up to Hunter Mtn. for lunch there. :yes:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
10-15-2016, 08:00 AM
46 DEGREES @ 9:02

FieldTester
10-15-2016, 05:37 PM
138954Well it warmed up nice today, we got off a little late with Taxmizer and arrived at Hunter around noon. It was a nice surprise to meet up with Rob K there and we are looking forward to doing one of his West Point rides in the future. The place was PACKED, I guess most had missed the past few week end's and everyone came out today. We had a nice time watching the motorcross and snowmobile jumpers compete during our 2 hour Octoberfest beer and schnitzel lunch. :)

Bob Denman and I are working on a new Holloween weekend ride, details posted soon.

ROB K
10-15-2016, 08:03 PM
Fieldtester. I'm glad I stayed and finished my bratwurst or I would have missed you guys. Yes it as a beautiful day for a ride. And yes Hunter Mountain was crowded. Can't believe taxmiser came all the way from the island. Happy to meet you all. And if you and Bob are planning a fall ride give me a holler. I will try to get together some of the riders on the other side of the river. I will send you a pm.

taxmyzer
10-16-2016, 07:16 AM
138954Well it warmed up nice today, we got off a little late with Taxmizer and arrived at Hunter around noon. It was a nice surprise to meet up with Rob K there and we are looking forward to doing one of his West Point rides in the future. The place was PACKED, I guess most had missed the past few week end's and everyone came out today. We had a nice time watching the motorcross and snowmobile jumpers compete during our 2 hour Octoberfest beer and schnitzel lunch. :)

Bob Denman and I are working on a new Holloween weekend ride, details posted soon.

Carl, we had a great time. Keep me posted on the Holloween ride. :yikes::yikes::yikes:

Trbayth
10-16-2016, 08:01 AM
Hunter Mountain Octoberfest is always a fun event. Sorry I couldn't make it up there yesterday; I did get to go out for a couple of hours in the afternoon.

Keep me in the loop for a Halloween weekend ride too please!