PDA

View Full Version : Spyder belt tension being set with Decibel meter

Wildrice
09-01-2016, 12:23 PM
Just left the ASK Powersports store--one of 3 in the greater Columbus, OH area. I went there to have a "Recall" frame stiffener installed. Upon leaving I asked Ed--the head Tech manager for the 3 locations--what # tension are you currently setting the drive belt. Ed said--he didn't know as currently they are using a "Decibel Meter to set the tension on the Spyder's, Ed said Yamaha has also gone to the decibel method as too much tension damages the output shaft. Unfortunately I was on my way out the door after the "recall mod installation" & Ed was busy with a few other customers or I would have had him do the "decibel method" on my F3's.

Hmmm--brings to mind no problem was ever resolved without a complaint at a few of my prior employers--IBM, Xerox. & Intel.--why would they change the method of setting the belt tension?? Various Spyders may have different requirements??.

Thus so for you anti-whiners---my advice would be to join the US Army--& upon completion of your term & Separation/Initial Discharge at the Oakland, CA center--let the anti-war protesters spit & throw urine on you similiar to my experience. Come to think of it--some of the urine did have a reprocessed wine odor. You'll need to bring your own cheese.:yes:
Darrell

stebrock
09-01-2016, 01:09 PM
:firstplace:

Love your intensity! Don't have a dog in this fight but agree with you 100%.
Rick

Sam Mac
09-01-2016, 03:15 PM
Thus so for you anti-whiners---my advice would be to join the US Army--& upon completion of your term & Separation/Initial Discharge at the Oakland, CA center--let the anti-war protesters spit & throw urine on you similiar to my experience. Come to think of it--some of the urine did have a reprocessed wine odor. You'll need to bring your own cheese.:yes:
Darrell

I have no use for protesters of those that have served the country. If you want to protest, take it to DC, but not the men and women that had to do the dirty work.