PDA

View Full Version : glue recommendation for reflector on R-35 rigid saddlebags

ViperWolf
08-31-2016, 06:00 PM
Lost one of the side reflectors off of Can-Am (Givi) OEM R-35 Saddlebags. Ordered replacements and thought I would disregard the 2 sided self-adhesive pads they came with since that's what fell off in the first place. I tried Gorilla Glue, but it foamed up, dried tan and I was able to easily peel the reflector right off the saddlebag with almost zero effort. This is a plastic to plastic application. Does anyone have an adhesive recommendation? Thanks in advance.

pegasus1300
08-31-2016, 06:10 PM
I would go to Lowe's or Home Depot and buy the smallest can of black ABS plastic pipe glue I could find back in the plumbing dept. Your saddle bag is ABS plastic so I would start with that.

LJspydee
08-31-2016, 06:33 PM
3M Weatherstrip and Gasket Adhesive. It can be removed.

Plugger2
08-31-2016, 07:04 PM
Lost one of the side reflectors off of Can-Am (Givi) OEM R-35 Saddlebags. Ordered replacements and thought I would disregard the 2 sided self-adhesive pads they came with since that's what fell off in the first place. I tried Gorilla Glue, but it foamed up, dried tan and I was able to easily peel the reflector right off the saddlebag with almost zero effort. This is a plastic to plastic application. Does anyone have an adhesive recommendation? Thanks in advance.

I use Shoe Glue It is waterproof and is great. I buy it at Walmart it is around 4.50 a tube.u will find it is a good product.

Belrix
08-31-2016, 09:33 PM
3M makes double-sided tape that's used to put car-trim back on a car after it falls off. Tough stuff.

I also once used JB Weld to put the bumper back on my car - 2-part epoxy - and I roughed up the plastic to get a good physical connection.

I'd go with the 3M - you can get it at the auto-supply store.

cptjam
08-31-2016, 09:47 PM
3M makes double-sided tape that's used to put car-trim back on a car after it falls off. Tough stuff.

I also once used JB Weld to put the bumper back on my car - 2-part epoxy - and I roughed up the plastic to get a good physical connection.

thats what I use. Learned that at the factory!

Bfromla
08-31-2016, 10:32 PM

Agree same here but clean both surfaces with alcohol first, let air dry & apply good steady pressure for 1min. & everything should stick fine.

I wasn't there but I still care! POW /MIA VETS

Motorcycledave
08-31-2016, 10:44 PM
3M Weatherstrip Adhesive never dries it stays pliable

3M Weatherstrip and Gasket Adhesive. It can be removed.

Motorcycledave
08-31-2016, 10:46 PM
I think it is Shoe GOO

I use Shoe Glue It is waterproof and is great. I buy it at Walmart it is around 4.50 a tube.u will find it is a good product.

Machinegunner
09-01-2016, 10:35 AM
3M makes a Plastic and Emblem adhesive. That is what I use.

jegarh
09-01-2016, 11:13 AM
GOOP. I have mounted rifle front sights with it and it really stuck them on.