PDA

View Full Version : BRP trailer hitch vs. Show Chrome trailer hitch

blacklightning
08-30-2016, 08:22 AM
Does anyone know if the hitch mounted racks that fit the OEM hitch, will fit on an aftermarket hitch like the one by show chrome? I am not looking to pull a trailer right now, but would like the option of using something like the Doc Humphries Spyder Rack. After looking at the mounting video, it looks like it should work for either, if the general shape is the same.
Let me know if this is true.

Thanks,

Keith

KosherKid
08-30-2016, 09:06 AM
Keith:

I'm not sure about the Doc Humphries but I mounted the Show Chrome hitch rack on an non-BRP hitch and it worked. The rack mounts with a plate that connects under the trailer ball ( I used a 3/4" bolt instead) and the rack rails mounts to it. Used it for a 800 mile trip with a Tupperware box and bungee cords and it worked like a champ.

Dave

blacklightning
08-30-2016, 10:25 AM
Keith:

I'm not sure about the Doc Humphries but I mounted the Show Chrome hitch rack on an non-BRP hitch and it worked. The rack mounts with a plate that connects under the trailer ball ( I used a 3/4" bolt instead) and the rack rails mounts to it. Used it for a 800 mile trip with a Tupperware box and bungee cords and it worked like a champ.

Dave

Thanks for the info. I have been looking at a lot of racks, and I really like the way the Dock Humphries rack distributes the weight and moves it more forward to not stress the hitch as much as the ones that place the load too far to the rear. I wish there was someone local that had both, so I could see them. Guess I will probably have to take a chance and make a purchase and see what works.

Bfromla
08-31-2016, 01:27 AM
From my research most offer a rack for either BRP or non BRP. As well as with or without trailer ball. The hard part is picking one. It wont hurt to email Doc H to be sure. He can give you straight answer

I wasn't there but I still care! POW /MIA VETS

blacklightning
08-31-2016, 08:23 AM
From my research most offer a rack for either BRP or non BRP. As well as with or without trailer ball. The hard part is picking one. It wont hurt to email Doc H to be sure. He can give you straight answer

I wasn't there but I still care! POW /MIA VETS
Yea, I emailed Doc, but he couldn't say for sure on the aftermarket. His site does say for OEM hitch.