PDA

View Full Version : Spyder City Products

nyfdtsdemt
03-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Anybody buy any yet????????

Let me know?

SSG Bean
03-28-2009, 05:47 PM
I guess I'm not familiar with what you are talking about.:opps: Do you have a link or more info? If they have cool items it would be worth a look.:thumbup:

Spyderjuice
03-28-2009, 06:44 PM
I guess I'm not familiar with what you are talking about.:opps: Do you have a link or more info? If they have cool items it would be worth a look.:thumbup:

This is a new vendor (with a link) listed on the home page of this forum - down toward the bottom. :D

Juice

zzneonzz
03-28-2009, 07:17 PM
Interesting looks like they have forward controls and heal toe shifters for the spyder. Wonder how the forward brake control works cuz i would like a better way to get to the brake when using my hwy pegs.

tatt2r
03-28-2009, 07:30 PM
not real impressed with there website :coffee:

gjco
03-28-2009, 08:35 PM
I am not impressed with there website at all. I hope that they put more time into the products that they sell. I think that they need to fix the pics and make them bigger, if I am going to buy anything I want to get a good look at what I am buying.

zzneonzz
03-28-2009, 09:01 PM
I am not impressed with there website at all. I hope that they put more time into the products that they sell. I think that they need to fix the pics and make them bigger, if I am going to buy anything I want to get a good look at what I am buying.

:agree:

LDFIREWORKS
03-28-2009, 09:31 PM
THE SITE IS KINDA SUC---:2thumbs:

Lamonster
03-29-2009, 07:01 AM
I agree, the site needs some work but I've spoken with the owner several times and they sound like they really do love the Spyder. Give them a call and talk to Ron. :doorag:

nyfdtsdemt
03-29-2009, 11:22 AM
They need bigger pictures and (easy click) so that we can see the product ..... right about now i am drooling for some cheap floor boards but cant seem to find any.....and a heal to toe shifter would be off the hook for those long rides!
:clap:

burg650
03-29-2009, 12:12 PM
What is the web address.

Lamonster
03-29-2009, 12:15 PM
What is the web address.
New SpyderLovers sponsor :thumbup:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/../sponsors/spydercity.jpg (http://rtsales.org/custompage3.asp?pg=spyder)

timpani
03-29-2009, 04:59 PM
Hello, I call them last Friday and asked if they could email me some better pictures of the floorboards and the heal/toe shifter. The lady said that she would send them. Unfortunately the pictures never arrived. I will try again tomorrow. If I get them, I will post them.

ron
03-30-2009, 07:36 PM
[quote=nyfdtsdemt;83532]Anybody buy any yet????????

We have sold the Floorboards Risers and shifter kits all over the US and people are excited that they now have a more comfortable cruiser position for the long rides.

ron
03-30-2009, 07:43 PM
THE SITE IS KINDA SUC---:2thumbs:
working on it busy with the boards etc ron

ron
03-30-2009, 07:49 PM
Hello, I call them last Friday and asked if they could email me some better pictures of the floorboards and the heal/toe shifter. The lady said that she would send them. Unfortunately the pictures never arrived. I will try again tomorrow. If I get them, I will post them.
send your e mail address and i will send the pics right away
ron

ron
03-30-2009, 07:59 PM
Interesting looks like they have forward controls and heal toe shifters for the spyder. Wonder how the forward brake control works cuz i would like a better way to get to the brake when using my hwy pegs.
by simply sliding your foot back you can brake with your heel works great!

ron
03-30-2009, 08:07 PM
:agree: dang you guys are brutal i will get the site corrected c ya ron

Lamonster
03-30-2009, 08:10 PM
Here you go.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2&pictureid=1654
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2&pictureid=1653

Sopher
03-30-2009, 08:12 PM
I see they sell Corbins saddle bags for $299 and the Smugler Trunk for $295.

There web site says so, so it must be true. They also dont have a claim "not responsible for misprints".

ron
03-30-2009, 08:15 PM
[quote=Sopher;84179]I see they sell Corbins saddle bags for $299 and the Smugler Trunk for $295.

There web site says so, so it must be true. They also dont have a claim "not responsible for misprints".[/quote
i am gonna fire that web master ] wow what a rough crowd

Lamonster
03-30-2009, 08:17 PM
I see they sell Corbins saddle bags for $299 and the Smugler Trunk for $295.

There web site says so, so it must be true. They also dont have a claim "not responsible for misprints".
I just ordered 10 of each. ;):2thumbs:

ron
03-30-2009, 08:17 PM
[quote=Sopher;84179]I see they sell Corbins saddle bags for $299 and the Smugler Trunk for $295.

There web site says so, so it must be true. They also dont have a claim "not responsible for misprints".[/quote
i am gonna fire that web master ] wow what a rough crowd
corrected tomorrow b sure c ya

Kariblay
03-30-2009, 08:23 PM

There or their? :opps: Sorry but I think I counted three posts in this thread using the wrong 'their'...my wife is an English teacher - couldn't resist.

nyfdtsdemt
03-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Sorry I open up a :cus: storm on you, but with the hardcore spyder folk ya got to be real and bring it or they might get a little agressive. The floor boards look great but do i have to cut my front plastics to install the gear shifter?

gjco
03-30-2009, 08:30 PM
Sorry Ron we dont mean to be rude. But there is another Spyderlovers sponsor that is the standard around here. Please bare with us and roll with the punches and you will be fine. By the way welcome

Trickie Dick
03-31-2009, 08:19 AM
Sorry I open up a :cus: storm on you, but with the hardcore spyder folk ya got to be real and bring it or they might get a little agressive. The floor boards look great but do i have to cut my front plastics to install the gear shifter?

Also looks like you have to cut the front plastics to install the floor boards as well. :dontknow:
I might take a run up there as soon as we get some good weather. Do you have your floor boards risers etc. installed on a floor demo?

welcome

ron
03-31-2009, 08:27 PM
They need bigger pictures and (easy click) so that we can see the product ..... right about now i am drooling for some cheap floor boards but cant seem to find any.....and a heal to toe shifter would be off the hook for those long rides!
:clap:try it again we have changed pics and will continue to improve it (the site) www.spydercity.com (http://www.spydercity.com)

ron
03-31-2009, 08:29 PM
[quote=Trickie Dick;84232]Also looks like you have to cut the front plastics to install the floor boards as well. :dontknow:
I might take a run up there as soon as we get some good weather. Do you have your floor boards risers etc. installed on a floor demo?

welcome[/quote better pics on site www.spydercity.com (http://www.spydercity.com) we have the kits in stock as well as risers and shifters thank you ron and yes our demo has these installed minor mods to lower panel

ron
03-31-2009, 08:44 PM
Also looks like you have to cut the front plastics to install the floor boards as well. :dontknow:

welcome web site as they say is under improvement and there are new and larger pics our demo has the kit installed riser and all items are now in stock thanks ron

ron
03-31-2009, 08:48 PM

welcome all items in stock display demo has all items installed

nyfdtsdemt
04-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Hey Ron, Will we have to cut our plastics to use the boards you guys sell?

Also with your boards will our Kewlmetal or our NMN highway pegs still work?

If I were you I would get a hold of a set from each and show picts how they work togeather.

Many folks here have those items installed already.

bone crusher
04-06-2009, 11:14 PM
There or their? :opps: Sorry but I think I counted three posts in this thread using the wrong 'their'...my wife is an English teacher - couldn't resist.

:agree: grammar 101 needed for bikers, for sure!

ron
04-07-2009, 10:03 AM
[quote=nyfdtsdemt;83694]They need bigger pictures and (easy click) so that we can see the product ..... right about now i am drooling for some cheap floor boards but cant seem to find any.....and a heal to toe shifter would be off the hook for those long rides!
:clap:[/quotehave you checked the site recently or better yet have you ordered them i am sure that you will be pleased ROn:doorag:]

ron
04-07-2009, 10:06 AM

If I were you I would get a hold of a set from each and show picts how they work togeather.

Many folks here have those items installed already.we have several sets on the pegs might work since these boards are far forward
and down for a relaxed position and ez access for braking and shifting as well (minor lower plastic black lower panel needs trimmed for foot access most people think it is a factory option when installed )

ron
04-07-2009, 10:10 AM
we have several sets on the pegs might work since these boards are far forward
and down for a relaxed position and ez access for braking and shifting as well (minor lower plastic needs trimmed for foot access most people think it is a factory option when installed )

What is the web address.www.spydercity.com (http://www.spydercity.com)
:doorag:

ron
04-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Sorry I open up a :cus: storm on you, but with the hardcore spyder folk ya got to be real and bring it or they might get a little agressive. The floor boards look great but do i have to cut my front plastics to install the gear shifter?the lower black panel is lite weight plastic and needs to be trimmed to allow foot room can be cut with shears and then i finish with a die grinder for a smooth look the kit comes with a suggested template:doorag: thanks

Dudley
04-11-2009, 06:29 PM
by simply sliding your foot back you can brake with your heel works great!

Wonder how burned your foot and leg are going to get in desert riding after cutting out the scoop. Looks pretty rigged to me.

Dudley
04-11-2009, 06:38 PM
dang you guys are brutal i will get the site corrected c ya ron

We're not brutal, but too many have been misled by other suppliers on the net. And in looking at the rider floor board, it looks pitiful. And, I would not trust my heel to maintain contack on my brake pad in an emergency stop situation. This is just my response to what I see in the pic. I don't like it, but I may be the only one who thinks that way. That's just my visual review.

Firefly
04-11-2009, 08:09 PM
As soon as it gets nicer out I'll take a ride down to your shop and check these out Ron. Nice 1.5 hour ride for me - would love to see these items in person - can also show you all the goodies on my Spyder!:D

orangespydiegirl
04-12-2009, 09:19 AM
Oh My, give the guy a chance! Think of all the new Spyder lovers or Lurkers reading this forum would you log on again????????? :dontknow:

Dudley
04-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Oh My, give the guy a chance! Think of all the new Spyder lovers or Lurkers reading this forum would you log on again????????? :dontknow:

I am just expressing my views. This may be a great thing to have. I just don't like it. If they come out with something that looks better and I would think safer I would be interested. I definitely would not cut out the scoops to install anything. They are there to deflect the heat. But, to each his/her own.:ohyea:

Dudley
05-15-2009, 07:55 PM
These are the floorboards that are installed by dragonheart with the heat issue. I posted my concerns at the time on this thread.

irish2themax
05-16-2009, 06:06 AM
These are the floorboards that are installed by dragonheart with the heat issue.

What are?

ron
05-16-2009, 11:14 AM
web site as they say is under improvement and there are new and larger pics our demo has the kit installed riser and all items are now in stock thanks ronWe always have a demo with installed items - i hate to brag but so far to date the riser and floor boards are on almost all new spyder sales they really give the rider and passenger a good riding position for every day riding try a set you will be impressed !

ron
05-16-2009, 11:59 AM
We're not brutal, but too many have been misled by other suppliers on the net. And in looking at the rider floor board, it looks pitiful. And, I would not trust my heel to maintain contack on my brake pad in an emergency stop situation. This is just my response to what I see in the pic. I don't like it, but I may be the only one who thinks that way. That's just my visual review. If you have ridden most street cruisers you have ridden with a heel brake system EG: HD the difference is you need not remove your foot to brake just slide it back voila- Ron

ron
05-16-2009, 12:15 PM
We have received our first heat related complaint and have engineered a
heat shield that should help alleviate any issues we are still testing but there are many different operating conditions - as you can tell by the forum heat is a concern on any street bike not just the spyder. We have over 38 years experience and are capable of addressing concerns as they surface with any of our products... any current spyder city floor board owner can call or e mail and receive this heat shield kit at no charge ... Ron

ron
05-16-2009, 12:18 PM
all items in stock display demo has all items installed
most demo's have boards and risers on at all times

ron
05-16-2009, 12:21 PM

Many folks here have those items installed already.
Hey good idea we are installing a set with pegs next week when the project is finished i will post the pics and you guys and girls :agree:can decide ....Ron

ron
05-16-2009, 12:24 PM

Thank You orangespydiegirl Ron

ron
05-16-2009, 12:30 PM
As soon as it gets nicer out I'll take a ride down to your shop and check these out Ron. Nice 1.5 hour ride for me - would love to see these items in person - can also show you all the goodies on my Spyder!:D

sorry for the slow reply look me up when you come down Firefly

Ron

Dudley
05-16-2009, 02:54 PM
If you have ridden most street cruisers you have ridden with a heel brake system EG: HD the difference is you need not remove your foot to brake just slide it back voila- Ron

Well, I don't know any street bike with a heel operated brake, and I have been riding since 1966. Please tell me one that has such a brake and send me a pic. The ball of your foot can apply the greatest pressure, not your heel.

Dudley
05-16-2009, 03:15 PM
We always have a demo with installed items - i hate to brag but so far to date the riser and floor boards are on almost all new spyder sales they really give the rider and passenger a good riding position for every day riding try a set you will be impressed !

That's a pretty impressive statement. I have yet to see any on any Spyder that I encounter. Come on Ron, I think your floorboards look aweful. And how does a passenger benefit from the floorboards? And if you have over 38 years experience you would have known that the scoops were there to deflect heat. And it doesn't matter where one rides, heat is heat.

Rando
05-16-2009, 03:23 PM
Anyone have a review of their riser?

VIspyderman
05-16-2009, 03:33 PM
I'm not really sure why you are being so hard on Ron. Fine, you don't have to like them, but obviously some others do. When new members read "Senior Members" being so publicly critical of other innovations, they will be discouraged from making informed decisions that might benifit themselves.
Lighten up!!!

That's a pretty impressive statement. I have yet to see any on any Spyder that I encounter. Come on Ron, I think your floorboards look aweful. And how does a passenger benefit from the floorboards? And if you have over 38 years experience you would have known that the scoops were there to deflect heat. And it doesn't matter where one rides, heat is heat.

Dudley
05-16-2009, 03:50 PM
Well, yes I am critical. That's what the forum is about. If I find an innovation that I believe is lacking in safety, I feel that I should point it out. What anyone else does about the product is left up to them. If I ever install anything on my Spyder that someone feels to be unsafe, I would hope that they tell me immediately. Being able to do this keeps us more informed and free to express our positives and negatives about things.

timpani
05-16-2009, 10:52 PM
Hello, I have had my sypder for close to a year and a half. I have always thought that I would like some sort of floor board in that exact location. All of the other solutions I have read about seem to place you shins and feet in a backward slanting angle. This is not much better that the stock pegs. These floorboards seem to put your feet in a classic cruiser positon. Personally, this is what I am looking for.Aesthetically, I really don't like the look of the cut plastic but I would be willing to make that sacrifice for the comfort that I am looking for. I already have the Kewlmetal pegs and I think the floorboards would a nice addition. Having both would give me plenty of leg stretching options. I have no problem braking with my heal. When I am coming off of the pegs, I will sometimes use my heal. No offense but hopefully most people realize that anybody can become a senior member just by the quantity and not the quality of the posts.

Dudley
05-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Hello, I have had my sypder for close to a year and a half. I have always thought that I would like some sort of floor board in that exact location. All of the other solutions I have read about seem to place you shins and feet in a backward slanting angle. This is not much better that the stock pegs. These floorboards seem to put your feet in a classic cruiser positon. Personally, this is what I am looking for.Aesthetically, I really don't like the look of the cut plastic but I would be willing to make that sacrifice for the comfort that I am looking for. I already have the Kewlmetal pegs and I think the floorboards would a nice addition. Having both would give me plenty of leg stretching options. I have no problem braking with my heal. When I am coming off of the pegs, I will sometimes use my heal. No offense but hopefully most people realize that anybody can become a senior member just by the quantity and not the quality of the posts.

I hope you get the boards and you are really happy with them. And, btw, I don't keep count of my postings. I post when and if I feel I can contribute, whether it be positive or negative. If I can, through posting my contributions, help someone to make a better decision, whether it's agreeing with me or not, then I have helped someone. Sometimes I am sure that I ruffle a feather or two, but I sleep well at night.

bjt
05-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Not everyone is going to like every mod that someone else does. Some mods might not meet everyone's definition of safety. But most of us are here to help others or learn from others experiences. We should be able to do that without being hyper critical of others. IMO, posting concerns or objections to these mods shouldn't have to entail berating or "calling out" ron or any other member.

ataDude
05-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Not everyone is going to like every mod that someone else does. Some mods might not meet everyone's definition of safety. But most of us are here to help others or learn from others experiences. We should be able to do that without being hyper critical of others. IMO, posting concerns or objections to these mods shouldn't have to entail berating or "calling out" ron or any other member.

:agree: (I'm still speechless from Deb's post). :D

Dudley
05-17-2009, 05:06 PM

So, in you humble opinion, it is best that someone just not say anything about safety concerns or what one feels to be issues about something someone is selling on the internet and just let our fellow Spyder Ryders get taken. And you are probably right. So, I will just watch and see what happens. Happy Trails.

timpani
05-17-2009, 06:20 PM
Hey Dudly, nobody is belittling your opinion. It wasn't what you said, it was how you said it. You were pretty harsh, that's all. The posts seemed to go from just an opinion to an outright asault. Chill out, post all you want, your comments are valued as much as anybody else's. I read everybody's posts and then form a consensus from the different opinions. This is when I start to form my opinion about something. I personally like to hear both sides of an issue.

Dudley
05-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Hey Dudly, nobody is belittling your opinion. It wasn't what you said, it was how you said it. You were pretty harsh, that's all. The posts seemed to go from just an opinion to an outright asault. Chill out, post all you want, your comments are valued as much as anybody else's. I read everybody's posts and then form a consensus from the different opinions. This is when I start to form my opinion about something. I personally like to hear both sides of an issue.

Thanks. I will try and be less harsh, but Ron did state some questionable information and I felt I had to call him on it. I dealt with motorcycle suppliers years ago, and from that, I learned to be a bit more critical than most. In safety, I don't claim to be a specialist, but the years of safe motorcycle riding have led me to experience things that many do not. I feel that if I don't point something out and someone gets hurt, where had I stated something that could have alerted that person and prevented the injury, then I have failed as a Spyder Brother. That's where I started with Ron when I saw the boards. I know I was harsh, but the product did not meet basic quality standards. His other products look great, the boards don't. With a little more work on them they could be first class. I believe he just went to quickly to market them. Criticism to him is to help him make a better product.

bjt
05-17-2009, 09:02 PM
So, in you humble opinion, it is best that someone just not say anything about safety concerns or what one feels to be issues about something someone is selling on the internet and just let our fellow Spyder Ryders get taken. And you are probably right. So, I will just watch and see what happens. Happy Trails.

Like timpani says, its not what you said but how you decided to say it. I never said don't voice your objections or opinions. I said it should be able to be done without making it a personal attack unless you were personally wronged. Even then, its better handled via PMs, emails or phone calls. All the tirades I've seen made public on forums like this never end well for either party and neither group is converted to the other's opinon.

timpani
05-17-2009, 10:10 PM
Speaking of floorboards, I was wondering if anybody else feels that BRP erred when they designed the spyder more on the sporty side instead of having more of a cruiser feel. It seem that alot of people(not everybody) are trying to make their machine more comfortable like a cruiser. I know I have been working towards that goal. Just wondering?

dltang
05-17-2009, 10:22 PM
Speaking of floorboards, I was wondering if anybody else feels that BRP erred when they designed the spyder more on the sporty side instead of having more of a cruiser feel. It seem that alot of people(not everybody) are trying to make their machine more comfortable like a cruiser. I know I have been working towards that goal. Just wondering?

I don't think they made a mistake with their design, I think they made a mistake with their demographics as to who would buy this machine. The design would probably be perfect for the 20 something cafe style rider. I don't think BPR had any idea that so many "mature" riders and new riders would be caught in their web. They are learning too. Just look at some of the new things they are adding to the spyder. Heck, when I went to Homecoming last June, they had marketing people in the parking lot asking questions and looking at all the mods that people had done so far. I had a lady asking me what kinds of things I would do different or would add or subtract. So they do listen and they are taking it in. There is no way it will ever be perfect for everyone but I think they are adjusting what they are making and who they are making it for and I have to give them credit for that.

fastfraser
05-18-2009, 05:22 AM

:agree: We. Some of use spend a small fortune to make our :spyder2:s more like a cruiser. And i saw a post awhile back (was quickly taken down ) about a touring :spyder2: for 2010. The :spyder2: was blue in the picture i saw and had hard saddle bags that looked like a Corbin knock-off with a differant style seat.

Lamonster
05-18-2009, 07:00 AM
:agree: We. Some of use spend a small fortune to make our :spyder2:s more like a cruiser. And i saw a post awhile back (was quickly taken down ) about a touring :spyder2: for 2010. The :spyder2: was blue in the picture i saw and had hard saddle bags that looked like a Corbin knock-off with a differant style seat.

The reason that picture was taken down is because I was asked to remove it from BRP. The ad firm was not given rights to release that photo yet. I will say that it looked a lot more like this picture than a Corbin knock-off.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=21&pictureid=2412

NancysToy
05-18-2009, 07:47 AM
The Spyder is a unique vehicle. It has broad appeal due to its three wheeled design. This causes people to buy it more for the engineering than the style, then they try to make it into something else. You would not buy a crotch rocket and try to make it into a cruiser or a touring bike. You would not buy a full dress Harley and try to make it into a roadracer. Even so, people buy the Spyder and try to make it into everything and anything they ever wanted in a motorcycle. This is a bit confusing to me, but I think it is strictly due to the unique enginerring that lets lots of people ride that perhaps would not have done so otherwise.
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

dragonheart
05-18-2009, 12:23 PM
Anybody buy any yet????????

Let me know?

I just bought their floorboards and my dealer installed them last week. There is a heat issue on my right foot and Ron was very good at trying to come up with a resolution. I like the floorboards as I plan to use them as more of a highway peg. I am short (5' 1.5") and regular highway pegs for the Spyder spread me out too far. SpyderCity boards are in a good position to stretch my legs enough for long distance riding and allow me to operate the brake with my right heel and even downshift with my left if I choose.

The jury is still out on the heat issue as it hasn't been warm enough after my husband attempted a resolution. This Wed. temps are going to be around 80, and that should be the real tell.

eureka
05-18-2009, 04:44 PM
I just installed the boards and they are well made and very good for long trips. The heat issue is real, I rode 250 miles yesterday much of it at 102 degrees and my right foot baked. This morning I made a shield to close off the air flow from the radiator onto my foot. One hours work, a old license plate, and some black paint took care of the problem. I have a thousand mile ride to start on Wednesday so I will see how the fix is.:2thumbs:

2008 Phantom bought off e-bay with 390 miles. I have added a Corbin seat with dual backrests, CB, Sirius radio, 4" risers, back peg relocation brackets, floor boards and shifter and heated grips. I also wraped the two inch pipe under my left leg to reduce the heat. Now an ex-Goldwing and BMW rider.

ataDude
05-18-2009, 05:26 PM
... I have a thousand mile ride to start on Wednesday so I will see how the fix is...

welcome and be safe on the trip.

dltang
05-18-2009, 07:31 PM
welcome and have a safe and happy trip

I just installed the boards and they are well made and very good for long trips. The heat issue is real, I rode 250 miles yesterday much of it at 102 degrees and my right foot baked. This morning I made a shield to close off the air flow from the radiator onto my foot. One hours work, a old license plate, and some black paint took care of the problem. I have a thousand mile ride to start on Wednesday so I will see how the fix is.:2thumbs:

2008 Phantom bought off e-bay with 390 miles. I have added a Corbin seat with dual backrests, CB, Sirius radio, 4" risers, back peg relocation brackets, floor boards and shifter and heated grips. I also wraped the two inch pipe under my left leg to reduce the heat. Now an ex-Goldwing and BMW rider.

timpani
05-18-2009, 09:41 PM
Good point Scotty! I know that the uniqueness of the spyder is what caught my attention. I like unique and off the wall things. A good example is that I owned and loved a citrus green Pontiac Aztec(no laughing please). :)