PDA

View Full Version : triaxis bar question

fjray
08-29-2016, 12:11 PM
I've been searching for an answer and reached the frustration point. I need to get the bars farther away from me and can't seem to find out what the range of adjustment is for the really spendy tri axis bars. This would be on a 2015 RTL. thanks

gdjbear
08-29-2016, 01:22 PM
Triaxis bars allow about 3 inches movement forward of stock or 3 inches rear of stock also will allow about 3 inches of tilt to raise or lower bar ends.
Love mine, I change mine periodicly just to change riding position.
Hope this helps you.
With the bars all the way forward is like riding a dirt bike same type bar position.
Also they cannot be changed on the fly.

Gary

trikermutha
08-29-2016, 02:43 PM
Is you get a seat that moves you back and the TRI Axis bars..That would be close to 4-5 inches away..

fjray
08-29-2016, 04:50 PM
Is you get a seat that moves you back and the TRI Axis bars..That would be close to 4-5 inches away..

I've already done the Russell seat and still find the bars to close. I'm not sure even with new bars I'll get comfortable on the spyder. I've got some herniated discs in the base of my neck that make things painful. A lot of the issue is the effort to push the spyder through the corners is much more than a conventional bike so I'm not sure if I want to spend a thousand dollars to find out it doesn't fit or keep it on the market. I also need to find out if the ISCI hand brake works with the triaxis bars.

trikermutha
08-29-2016, 05:52 PM
I've already done the Russell seat and still find the bars to close. I'm not sure even with new bars I'll get comfortable on the spyder. I've got some herniated discs in the base of my neck that make things painful. A lot of the issue is the effort to push the spyder through the corners is much more than a conventional bike so I'm not sure if I want to spend a thousand dollars to find out it doesn't fit or keep it on the market. I also need to find out if the ISCI hand brake works with the triaxis bars.

Not sure about the Russell seat but Ultimate seat tall boy is back about 1.5 inches

Maybe find someone that has a bike with TRI BArs and sit on to test?

fjray
08-29-2016, 06:20 PM
Not sure about the Russell seat but Ultimate seat tall boy is back about 1.5 inches

Maybe find someone that has a bike with TRI BArs and sit on to test?

The folks at Russell were able to move me back about 2" and my wife back about the same. I look at every spyder I see for the bars but there are very few around here.

trikermutha
08-29-2016, 07:15 PM
The folks at Russell were able to move me back about 2" and my wife back about the same. I look at every spyder I see for the bars but there are very few

around here.

Not sure if this helps any

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rg6VpjnU_E

Good Luck

Jetfixer
08-30-2016, 08:04 AM
I've been searching for an answer and reached the frustration point. I need to get the bars farther away from me and can't seem to find out what the range of adjustment is for the really spendy tri axis bars. This would be on a 2015 RTL. thanks
Did you check and see if any dealers have one installed? When I was shopping, a large dealer had a RTL on the floor that they had put every option on. It was more to show the options than to try to sell a "loaded" bike.