PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully this hurts the 49's and the NFL

mowin
08-27-2016, 02:13 PM
Another "athlete" disgraceful towards the American flag.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000691077/article/colin-kaepernick-explains-why-he-sat-during-national-anthem%3FnetworkId%3D4595%26site%3D.news%26zone%3D story%26zoneUrl%3Durl%253Dstory%26zoneKeys%3Ds1%25 3Dstory%26env%3D%26pageKeyValues%3Dprtnr%253Dsf%25 3Bteam%253Dsf%253Bconf%253Dnfc%253Bdvsn%253Dncw%25 3Bplyr%253Dblaine_gabbert%253Bplyr%253Dcolin_kaepe rnick%26sr%3Damp&ved=0ahUKEwi7z_LRpeLOAhUBqB4KHVj-ByQQiJQBCBswAA&usg=AFQjCNErIq6voth1D6wAyKEvb02WakuPgQ&sig2=1eYw4PzQ95KQnpiQo9fx1w

Bob Denman
08-27-2016, 02:34 PM
I just got done reading that... :gaah:
I hope that somebody hits him hard enough, to have him looking out the earhole of his helmet! nojoke

vided
08-27-2016, 02:34 PM
His :cus: should be fired and fined
and he ain't no athlete, he's just a bitch

Mazo EMS2
08-27-2016, 03:17 PM
Yup, just read it too. What a POS. I sure hope he truly does lose any endorsements he may have. I bet his attitude would change in a hurry, though he says it wouldnt make a difference. Too bad he's too spoiled and stupid to realize that that very flag and anthem represent the reason his sorry ass can even play football. :mad:

CanAmMick
08-27-2016, 03:48 PM
What a sorry POS! Makes me sick to see people like this disrespect our flag and our country. Hope he looses everything he has.

Deer Slayer
08-27-2016, 05:16 PM
Paid Millions of Dollars to play with a ball! Poor Bastzzz!:duh:

Sam Mac
08-27-2016, 05:19 PM
The best answer would be for the people to boycott the 49ers, cash talks.

Bob Denman
08-27-2016, 05:50 PM
This nit-wit has had a tough time recently, and this might just be his way of hopefully getting any sort of attention to his failing career...
:lecturef_smilie: BAD MOVE, BOZO!

mowin
08-27-2016, 05:56 PM
His career is definitely on the down hill slide. Hopefully this put it on the 90 meter ski jump for a epic fail.

Bob Denman
08-27-2016, 06:05 PM

AY4B
08-27-2016, 09:08 PM
Quarterbacks play with a target on their back, After going Full Retard, that target just doubled in size. There are lots of players that wont let that one go by.

Lew L
08-27-2016, 09:19 PM
Cap used to play for the local college here in Reno. Good kid, lots of potential, loyal to the team. Went directly down hill with the 9rs. And now this!!!!! I hope he never plays ball again:mad:----- it sure would be great if politics were left out of football.

This kind of cr@p does cause:
Kaos

Lew L
08-27-2016, 09:31 PM
The best answer would be for the people to boycott the 49ers, cash talks.

There is a lot of $$$$$$$$ in the SF Bay area. A brand new,expensive stadium that dosen't fill will send a message. But the season pass is big bucks , PLUS, you have to buy the seat( like a house, you own it) more big bucks. These folks will go to the games or sell the game seat on the internet. Really rich folks didn't get that way by loosing money.
The 9rs WERE my NFC team---- but I'm done with them. And the Raiders are ( hopefully) comming to Nevada:clap:.
Kaos

Ron2andia
08-27-2016, 09:58 PM
His issues are sound but the action he choose doesn't help his cause one bit...

Chasinsparks
08-27-2016, 10:44 PM
Hes' just looking for attention. he says ''I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,'' Kaepernick said. ''To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way.

I think the better headline would have been, Kaepernick donates the millions hes making playing football in country that gives him freedom to the less fortunate African American communites.

Think its time to take the silver spoon out of his mouth, and let him work like the rest of us.

gkamer
08-27-2016, 10:47 PM
The NFL has already voiced their support as did the 49's. Now the question is....... Will this guy show his commitment to his protest for the remainder of the season? Nope because he can't stand the heat that will bring to bear on him. I'm sure the Niners PR teams are already in full damage control mode and will be telling us just how brave he was for taking the stand he took.

Of course he'll have no trouble taking his 114 million dollar contract to the bank, without giving a whole lot of thought to all those oppressed people being killed by the police. Whats missing is his protest in support of the black men and women and "people of color" who put a badge on every day and go out out to face the savages so he can make millions of dollars throwing a football. Where's his support for the police that are being killed not because of the color of their skin but the uniform they wear.

Orange Spyder Man
08-28-2016, 05:27 AM
I have watched my last 49ers game... 49ers are defending his actions.. since his NFL career is in a downward spiral ... the 49ers are paying him way too much... his performance on the field lately is pretty dismal, I think he is looking for attention... hope he winds up playing in the Canadian league...

osm

Omcge
08-28-2016, 09:41 AM
He should move to a country that he can support.
The NFL should ban him.

ARtraveler
08-28-2016, 01:03 PM
All good stuff posted above. :agree::agree::agree:

bmccaffrey
08-28-2016, 07:54 PM
Should move and take 49's with him.

Put a military uniform on him and c if he sings a different tune.

How much did he donate to his brothers in Louisana

POS:thumbup:

Chasinsparks
08-28-2016, 07:57 PM
I guess he forgot about this...what a douchebag:shocked:

After a 28-20 loss against the Chicago Bears on Sept. 14 of 2015, Kapernick was fined $11,00 by the NFL for using a racial slur, “f***ing n***a/er” to be specific.
Kaepernick was flagged on the play for using the language by ref Laird Hayes, knocking the 49ers back 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct.

ES44AC
08-28-2016, 08:07 PM
I hope he has a very short career. All the people who gave their life for this ungrateful POS to have freedom.

I do respect his 1st amendment rights, but this is the wrong way to use it.

M109Dreamer
08-28-2016, 08:12 PM
Yeah he complains about the racial issues but doesnt have a problem with the "green" dollars that he is paid for running and throwing the ball around. If it wasnt for the fans he wouldnt have a dime. Karma a B#$%&

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

AY4B
08-28-2016, 09:22 PM
Kaepernick recently converted to Islam and is engaged to a radical Islamic that is a BLM activist. It sounds strangely similar to the story of the guy that married a terrorist and committed The San Bernardino shooting (https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/san-bernardino-shooting).
https://conservativedailypost.com/colin-kaepernick-converted-to-islam-before-his-anti-american-stance-coincidence/?utm_source=Push&utm_medium=OneSignal&utm_campaign=28_August_1630

mowin
08-29-2016, 06:58 AM
Kaepernick recently converted to Islam and is engaged to a radical Islamic that is a BLM activist. It sounds strangely similar to the story of the guy that married a terrorist and committed The San Bernardino shooting (https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/san-bernardino-shooting).
https://conservativedailypost.com/colin-kaepernick-converted-to-islam-before-his-anti-american-stance-coincidence/?utm_source=Push&utm_medium=OneSignal&utm_campaign=28_August_1630

I red that same article yesterday. This goes way beyond BLM. Now that Islam is in the picture, any negative from the 9ers or the NFL will be turned into a racism issue.

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
08-29-2016, 07:09 AM
i wonder how much of his overpaid salary he donates to the 'cause'

Bob Denman
08-29-2016, 07:12 AM
We have to remember that he gets to choose his own religion...
And based upon his talent, and his Team's performance: we get to choose who we root for?

Bobleach45
08-29-2016, 09:09 AM
If he wants to speak he should hold a press conference . To sit during the National Anthem and to the flag of our country. He needs to be given a flag pole where the sun don't shine!!!!

ARtraveler
08-29-2016, 01:18 PM
Hot off the presses this AM:

He is going to be judged by football performance. It's sounding like as a quarterback, he is not making it. I expect him to be sent down the road when the teams are finalized.

:bbq::bbq::bbq:

The best way to handle this--IMO. :yes:

jerpinoy
08-29-2016, 02:43 PM
His issues are sound but the action he choose doesn't help his cause one bit...

:agree: Life is like a turttle . If the turttle want to see around and above it, it must stick its head out of its shell and taking the chances of getting smack by anybody.

God Bless America and God Bless us all.

Fatcycledaddy
08-29-2016, 03:34 PM
Yes he has the right to say whatever he wants, its called free speech.
But no where in this country's constitution does it say he has the right to not suffer any consequences to his actions or words.

He said it, he did it, now I hope he enjoys the consequences to the fullest.

If you don't love this country, LEAVE IT, and leave all it has blessed you with when you go!

Lew L
08-29-2016, 04:45 PM
His girlfriend is an activist for --------------------- wait for it-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Black lives matter.

" Now you know the rest of the story"

Kaos

Trickie Dick
08-29-2016, 07:33 PM
Yes he has the right to say whatever he wants, its called free speech.
But no where in this country's constitution does it say he has the right to not suffer any consequences to his actions or words.

He said it, he did it, now I hope he enjoys the consequences to the fullest.

If you don't love this country, LEAVE IT, and leave all it has blessed you with when you go!
Colin Kaepernick says America is not great, people tell him to leave. Donald Trump says America is not great, may become president.

Lew L
08-29-2016, 09:28 PM
His girlfriend is an activist for --------------------- wait for it-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Black lives matter.

" Now you know the rest of the story"

Kaos

Further research::::::::

Don't know about the girlfriend------ but he was deeply infulenced by black lives matter.

MOSESS
08-29-2016, 10:37 PM
What makes this country great is that we all can decide to do just about any thing he or she wants to do. As long as those actions does not cause some one to get hurt or a law is broken. the man took a stand ,He has that right. Some may not like it . the timing is never correct. some say he should be grateful for what he has some say good for him, He has a platform use it. I have seen what bad cops can do . Its not good., I also have seen very good cops do very nice things for people also. to many people are dying everyday by the hands of cops over a cig or cds or a tail light. Cops are dying also and they to have families like those that are being gunned down, see no one wins at the end of the day we all lose. I think we have a much larger issue to deal with then this one guy not standing up . Look back many years ago there are many athletes that have taken this stand and we still have not learned any thing. We are all in the same boat .We better realize that soon...

wyliec
08-30-2016, 06:02 AM
I agree with you. Here's a very interesting article about what a waste this has-been quarterback is.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/columnists/smith/article/49ers-QB-Colin-Kaepernick-has-rights-but-he-s-9188784.php

The comments at the end are interesting also. IMO

AY4B
08-30-2016, 08:32 AM
I also disagree with much that the government does but PLEASE do not disrespect it, the Flag, the constitution, the military, or the police. If you hold sharia law over the Constitution and the laws of the land you need to go find another country to live in.

Fatcycledaddy
08-30-2016, 08:59 AM
Colin Kaepernick says America is not great, people tell him to leave. Donald Trump says America is not great, may become president.

There is a difference in saying the country is not great and disrespecting the country.

Donald Trump says he loves the country and wants to make it great again, Kaepernick says the country was never great, he has NO love for this country.

If Donald Trump refused to stand for the national anthem, I would tell him to leave it also! Loving and wanting to change it to something greater is not the same.

Pirate looks at --
08-30-2016, 09:49 AM
What makes this country great is that we all can decide to do just about any thing he or she wants to do. As long as those actions does not cause some one to get hurt or a law is broken. the man took a stand ,He has that right. Some may not like it . the timing is never correct. some say he should be grateful for what he has some say good for him, He has a platform use it. I have seen what bad cops can do . Its not good., I also have seen very good cops do very nice things for people also. to many people are dying everyday by the hands of cops over a cig or cds or a tail light. Cops are dying also and they to have families like those that are being gunned down, see no one wins at the end of the day we all lose. I think we have a much larger issue to deal with then this one guy not standing up . Look back many years ago there are many athletes that have taken this stand and we still have not learned any thing. We are all in the same boat .We better realize that soon...
Very well said! Remember if Americans didn't stand up for what they believe in, we would all have Brittish Accents today! I don't have to agree with him, but he has the right to make a stand!:clap:

Bob Denman
08-30-2016, 11:23 AM
Why don't we just delete the last three or four posts, and pretend that this didn't happen? :shocked:
While I love a good discussion about Politics: it's not appropriate in here, and it's the kind of behavior that gets threads pulled, and folks asked to not come back...

Pirate looks at --
08-30-2016, 12:15 PM
I am actually a political agnostic, so I agree Bob, did what I could to clean up the muck!:bowdown:

cptjam
08-30-2016, 12:19 PM
So, where is this utopia where everything is puppies and rainbows? Travel the world; EVERYBODY ELSE WANTS TO COME TO AMERICA! The freedom we enjoy, the rights we have, the lives we lead. Is it perfect? Nope. Is it better than anything else on this planet? Yup.
Show some respect. Freedom isn't free. It was paid for in blood, and every day, patriotic Americans put their lives on the line to keep it that way. Spoiled brat athletes who are paid insane amounts of money can take a stand: build a hospital, a school, a ball field, a gym. Donate money to charity or church or a zoo or a museum. Or, go ahead and leave, find this magical place, and reside there. Best of luck with that!

ThreeWheels
08-30-2016, 12:42 PM
I'll try not to get political, I'll just say this:

Anyone and everyone in this country is endowed with the inalienable right to free speech.
This football player has the right to say anything he wants, even if it disrespects the flag.
On the other hand EVERYONE else in the country has the same right and can express it by NOT watching any football in the stadiums, or on TV this weekend.

Bob Denman
08-30-2016, 01:17 PM
I am actually a political agnostic, so I agree Bob, did what I could to clean up the muck!:bowdown:

Thanks... :2thumbs:
I hate throwing the:

photo... :D

There's plenty of room for discussion around the original topic, without muddying the waters.

spydaman60
08-30-2016, 01:40 PM
The best answer would be for the people to boycott the 49ers, cash talks.he's done!!! if the 49er's let his ass go,(which they are bound for) then nobody in their right mind will ever pick him up. he's done!!nojoke

ARtraveler
08-30-2016, 02:22 PM
Update: Most of the "net" is still talking about football performance being the reason for the 49'ers getting ready to dump him. I think that is the best reason. Career wise--think Tebow. :thumbup:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
08-30-2016, 03:56 PM
if he & his girlfriend believe in what they say then i am waiting to see him helping out on the mean streets of chicago
with a bullet ridden sign saying 'black lives matter..please don't shoot me'

Lew L
08-30-2016, 04:32 PM
Being that I have to spend 3 days with the Pirate at the NoCal Spyder ralley I thought it would be best to follow Bobs request and delete the post.

BUT----- It's a shame that out of 200,000,000 adults that these two are the ones chosen to run this great country.

No matter who wins, there will be :::::::::::::::: Kaos

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
08-30-2016, 04:39 PM
Being that I have to spend 3 days with the Pirate at the NoCal Spyder ralley I thought it would be best to follow Bobs request and delete the post.

BUT----- It's a shame that out of 200,000,000 adults that these two are the ones chosen to run this great country.

could be worse, sarah palin could be the party nominee

Bob Denman
08-30-2016, 05:19 PM
could be worse, sarah palin could be the party nominee
:shocked: I like her: she's a very pretty Lady! :thumbup:
As far as her Politics: she told the oil companies to either drill, or lose their leases! nojoke

ARtraveler
08-30-2016, 06:41 PM
:shocked: I like her: she's a very pretty Lady! :thumbup:
As far as her Politics: she told the oil companies to either drill, or lose their leases! nojoke

Errrrrrr.....please don't get me started on that. I will just say that you and I respectfully disagree. :roflblack:

Indyron
08-30-2016, 09:00 PM
From Kareem Abdul Jabar
https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/08/30/insulting-colin-kaepernick-says-more-about-our-patriotism-than-his/?utm_term=.7e4fc46ef490

Pirate looks at --
08-30-2016, 10:42 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/08/30/insulting-colin-kaepernick-says-more-about-our-patriotism-than-his/?utm_term=.7e4fc46ef490

What a great viewpoint. Really explaining what it means to be patriotic! We should all hold ourselves, and our government, and our country accountable to uphold the value of the freedoms we hold so dear. I have nothing but respect for Mr. Kareem Abdul Jabbar! Thanks for sharing this thoughtful piece!:bowdown:

BoilerAnimal
08-31-2016, 12:46 AM
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

Ambiguous attributions.

Whether you agree or disagree, you must admit that he is doing something that a relatively small number of people in this country do. He is taking a stand against a problem. And he is doing it in a way that could be very costly to him, personally. He has stuck his neck out, he's "putting it on the line", he could very well be risking it all.

He has identified a problem and is trying to get the attention of the rest of us to rectify it. The manner he chose is far more effective than holding a sign on a street corner.

Some question his judgment, some question his motives, some question his patriotism because they are disturbed by his actions. That is their right, just as it is his right to refuse to stand for the national anthem. Doing so does not make him unpatriotic. Quite the opposite in my opinion.

The most disturbing thing to me is the seeming indifference to the problem that he is targeting. In my opinion, what he is protesting should be the object of our collective ire. What he did hurt no one, aside from the sensibilities of a share of the public.

What outrages me the most is the fact that this problem he is bringing to the country's attention exists at all.

If you want to get upset at an athlete for the actions that he took, I would suggest Ryan Lochte and his cohorts. Their actions as representatives of the US at the Olympics are far more egregious than failure to stand for the anthem. And the reason? A night of drinking that culminated in vandalism and lying to the police to cover up for it. That was more deleterious to the image of the United States than what Colin Kaepernick did.

I believe it took a large amount of testicular fortitude to do what he saw as necessary to help correct some wrongs in this nation. I say thank you for your activism.

We won't all agree with his or others grievances but we should agree with their right to speak out on them and to do so in any lawful manner needed to get our attention. In the end we will be a better nation for it.

Indyron
08-31-2016, 07:17 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpn0vh2Rj0Y

Bob Denman
08-31-2016, 07:17 AM
Errrrrrr.....please don't get me started on that. I will just say that you and I respectfully disagree. :roflblack:

:D Fair enough...

My Cousin retired from BP. He was one of the geologists who would tell them where to do the digging.
He had NO use for her either...

Pirate looks at --
08-31-2016, 09:18 AM

Nothing but hugs here Kaos!:clap:

asp125
08-31-2016, 01:48 PM
A damn shame that some who are most vocal about patriotism, are the ones screaming the loudest at those who exercise their first amendment rights.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

JerryB
09-01-2016, 02:21 PM
Hi folks,

Some interesting news on this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/01/nfl-flag-decal-on-helmet-cant-be-removed/?cid=eref:nbcnews:text

Jerry Baumchen

PS) And this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/30/jerry-rice-says-all-lives-matter-tells-kap-dont-disrespect-the-flag/

Bob Denman
09-01-2016, 02:23 PM
:D I saw this one a bit earlier today...
It's a funny World; isn't it? nojoke

Lew L
09-01-2016, 02:43 PM
Jerry Rice ( and a few other great 9rs) are the only reason I haven't burned my 49r shirt.

Bob Denman
09-01-2016, 05:35 PM
Have you seen the socks that he wears during practice? nojoke

mowin
09-01-2016, 08:31 PM
Have you seen the socks that he wears during practice? nojoke

REALLY.,. I hope this POS really needs to call 911. If I were a cop, I'd stop at Dunkin donuts first. What a saahole. And the NFL won't let the cowboys put a sticker on there helmets honoring the fallen police officers. :banghead:. I will not watch another NFL game until they grow a pair.

Bob Denman
09-02-2016, 07:19 AM
His First Amendment Rights guarantee him the right to be a :cus:...
It also gives us the right to voice our displeasure to the NFL, the Team owners, and the TV networks about this! :thumbup:

ARtraveler
09-02-2016, 03:05 PM
He did it again last night and had an accomplice this time. It also happened at a Seahawks game.

The virus is spreading. I am considering boycotting viewing any such game. That's my free speech. :thumbup:

Sam Mac
09-02-2016, 05:14 PM
Just can this no good no talent SOB and be done with it. I am so sick and tired of these privileged jerks. If you want to talk about sacrifice go talk to those that have suffered life altering wounds for this country, not some law breaking thugs that got what they deserved. :banghead:

Sam Mac
09-02-2016, 05:34 PM
Thinking about this issue the cure is very simple, just boycott all NFL games until the 49ers fire him. I'd bet after a week or two he'd be gone. Money talks when it comes to the NFL. :thumbup:

Edit: This is what I sent out to my e-mail group, feel free to forward it to your friends.

Colin Kaepernick Converted To Islam Before His Anti-AmericanStance. Coincidence?

https://conservativedailypost.com/colin-kaepernick-converted-to-islam-before-his-anti-american-stance-coincidence/?utm_source=Push&utm_medium=OneSignal&utm_campaign=28_August_1630 (https://conservativedailypost.com/colin-kaepernick-converted-to-islam-before-his-anti-american-stance-coincidence/?utm_source=Push&utm_medium=OneSignal&utm_campaign=28_August_1630)

This POS needs to go. Simple answer, just boycott EVERYNFL GAME. The NFL is all about $$$$$ when the TV ratings tank becauseof Kaepernick he will be history.

mowin
09-02-2016, 09:03 PM
Thinking about this issue the cure is very simple, just boycott all NFL games until the 49ers fire him. I'd bet after a week or two he'd be gone. Money talks when it comes to the NFL. :thumbup:

Edit: This is what I sent out to my e-mail group, feel free to forward it to your friends.

Colin Kaepernick Converted To Islam Before His Anti-AmericanStance. Coincidence?

https://conservativedailypost.com/colin-kaepernick-converted-to-islam-before-his-anti-american-stance-coincidence/?utm_source=Push&utm_medium=OneSignal&utm_campaign=28_August_1630 (https://conservativedailypost.com/colin-kaepernick-converted-to-islam-before-his-anti-american-stance-coincidence/?utm_source=Push&utm_medium=OneSignal&utm_campaign=28_August_1630)

This POS needs to go. Simple answer, just boycott EVERYNFL GAME. The NFL is all about $$$$$ when the TV ratings tank becauseof Kaepernick he will be history.

I've already notified the NFL that I will no longer watch another game until they man up and support our troops and law enforcement officers.

I'm only one guy, but hopefully many others will join me.

BoilerAnimal
09-02-2016, 09:48 PM

You might want to seek out a little more reliable media source.

http://www.snopes.com/colin-kaepernick-converts-to-islam/

Sam Mac
09-03-2016, 06:56 AM

I got this info from one of our members, see post # 24

"Kaepernick recently converted to Islam and is engaged to a radical Islamic that is a BLM activist. It sounds strangely similar to the story of the guy that married a terrorist and committed The San Bernardino shooting (https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/san-bernardino-shooting).
https://conservativedailypost.com/co...28_August_1630 (https://conservativedailypost.com/colin-kaepernick-converted-to-islam-before-his-anti-american-stance-coincidence/?utm_source=Push&utm_medium=OneSignal&utm_campaign=28_August_1630) "

Guess I should have verified it myself before posting. Thanks for correcting.

mowin
09-03-2016, 09:15 AM

Hummm. And snopes has never been wrong or altered a story as they see fit?

Cruzr Joe
09-03-2016, 11:15 AM

Difference here .................. ONE LOVES THIS COUNTRY AND WANTS TO MAKE IT BETTER............... The other one whines and sits out the National Anthem

Cruzr Joe

Cruzr Joe
09-03-2016, 11:18 AM
So, where is this utopia where everything is puppies and rainbows? Travel the world; EVERYBODY ELSE WANTS TO COME TO AMERICA! The freedom we enjoy, the rights we have, the lives we lead. Is it perfect? Nope. Is it better than anything else on this planet? Yup.
Show some respect. Freedom isn't free. It was paid for in blood, and every day, patriotic Americans put their lives on the line to keep it that way. Spoiled brat athletes who are paid insane amounts of money can take a stand: build a hospital, a school, a ball field, a gym. Donate money to charity or church or a zoo or a museum. Or, go ahead and leave, find this magical place, and reside there. Best of luck with that!

Well said

Cruzr Joe

Sam Mac
09-03-2016, 12:52 PM
Note whowrote this:
Please read

Message from a non-oppressed black man to ColinKaepernick…

If there’s one thing I live for, it’s football season, especially college. Saturday night (http://about<strong></strong>:blank) I was enjoying a fantastic game between Charleston Southern University and NorthDakota State University. The game went into overtime and ended with the Bison of NDSU winning 24-17. However, as I watched this thrilling game, it was anitem on the ESPN news ticker that disturbed me — to which I see a need to respond to this “teachable moment.”

As we reported yesterday, San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick refused to stand for the National Anthem in Friday’s pre-season game against Green Bay because he was protesting “black oppression” in the United States. The Niners went on to lose. The NFL issued a statement that said players are encouraged but not required to stand for the national anthem. Hmm, this is the same NFLthat refused to allow the Dallas Cowboys to wear a helmet decal in honor of the fallen Dallas Police officers gunned down on Thursday July 7th. *

St.Louis Rams displayed the false narrative symbol of “hands up, dont shoot” —which we know didn’t happen. I find it rather interesting that the NFL has no issue disrespecting law enforcement officers but only “encourages” players to respect the symbol of our nation, the American flag, and our anthem, the Star Spangled Banner. However, I would recommend a simple scripture from the wise King Solomon for Mr. Kaepernick, Proverbs 17:28 (http://about<strong></strong>:blank) (NIV): “Even fools are thought wise if they keep silent, and discerning if they hold their tongues.” Or, as the old folks down South would say, “best for a stupid person to keep their mouth shut and not open it and let everyone know they are.”

Mr.Kaepernick, a biracial young man adopted and raised by white parents, claims America is oppressing blacks at a time when we have a black, biracial president who was twice elected. We’ve had two black attorneys general and currently have a black secretary of homeland security, along with a black national security advisor. Here in Dallas our police chief, whom I know, is an outstanding black leader. The officer in Milwaukee who shot the armed assailant after issuing an order to drop his weapon was black. Is Mr. Kaepernick following suit and cherry-picking what he terms “oppression?” First of all, let me clarify to you sir, you are a multi-millionaire “one-percenter” just because you can throw a ball and kiss your biceps. Men like Jesse Owens, Jackie Robinson, Hank Aaron,Oscar Robertson, Ernie Davis, and Bernard King and Condredge Halloway of my alma mater were athletes who knew of oppression. You sir may certainly have the right to sit upon your “fourth point of contact” when the National Anthem is played but never forget, you live in a nation that has provided you theprivilege to have that right. My story is one I wish to share.

Mydad was a corporal in the U.S. Army and served during World War II. He was born in 1920 and knew oppression. Yet, when he sat me down on the steps of our home, 651Kennesaw Ave NE in Atlanta (http://about<strong></strong>:blank), he shared with me that there was no greater honor or privilege, than to wear the uniform of these United States. Perhaps that ‘s why his first and middle sons, along with his grandson, are all U.S. combat veterans, just like Dad. Herman West Sr. was not a victim, and he raised men who would never allow anyone to suppress or oppress them. Perhaps you should stop trying to make victims and admonish people, black people, to be victors — try it, and you may find that more satisfying than your insidious action and word vomiting.

If you want to know about oppression of blacks in America, past and present, how about you ask Rep. Nancy Pelosi of the San Fran Bay Area about the policies that decimated the black family? Maybe you can cross the Bay over to Oakland and ask Rep. Barbara Lee about the 13 to15 million black babies killed since1973, and ask her who is Margaret Sanger? Or perhaps you can ask the two California senators, Boxer and Feinstein, about who doesn’t support better education opportunities for black children in the inner cities — school choice,vouchers, charter schools, home schooling.

Perhaps you didn’t know Barack ***** was the one who cancelled the DC school voucher program for deserving young black children — talk about oppression. Is that something you’re willing to do, or is it just too difficult? You should look at who’s been controlling the communities and cities where blacks live. This isn’t not about what America has done; it’s about what a certain group, a political party has done. And your somewhat back handed comment towards our law enforcement officers — well, wonder how many times San Francisco PD has protected you? Here is the deal young man. My recommendation is that you apologize. Be a stand up fella and admit you made a very stupid comment. Humbly state that you do realize how very special this country is and the opportunities it has afforded you — and many others.

You should take that stand and apologize to all of those who are currently serving in our Armed Forces and those veterans who’ve been willing to make that last full measure of devotion. You see, when the National Anthem is played, it has a very special meaning to us — maybe you should take a hiatus and go over to Helmand Province in Afghanistan and spend a week and understand why. Go overand throw a football with the men and women who enable you to earn those millions of dollars. The American flag has a very touching meaning for those of us for whom it will drape our coffin — as it was for my Dad…and it will be for me. That song defines who we are as a proud and exceptional people.

This is a land where so many dream of coming to and earning the title of American* Your actions were shameful, disgusting, despicable and disrespectful. You do have a right and a freedom of expression. But know, there are consequences to your ignorant action, which is what it was. When the National Anthem is played, I salute because I am a black man born and raised in the inner city afforded the opportunity for greatness in my own right. May you seek God’s forgiveness and find humility, because we, the people are not going to forget what you did and said

AllenB. West

Bob Denman
09-03-2016, 01:27 PM
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

mowin
09-03-2016, 02:21 PM
THAT... Is one smart man..:2thumbs:

Sam Mac
09-03-2016, 03:19 PM
I just wish that Allen West had run for President.

Bob Denman
09-03-2016, 06:07 PM
Did you happen to hear the report that one of the Police Departments that provides security at the 49ers home-games... might not! :clap: :thumbup:

ARtraveler
09-03-2016, 06:50 PM
Did you happen to hear the report that one of the Police Departments that provides security at the 49ers home-games... might not! :clap: :thumbup:

Yes! And I agree x 2. :yes:

cptjam
09-03-2016, 07:46 PM
How about the Pat Tillman option? Take a leave of absence for military duty, enlist, become an Army Ranger, and see some combat? Go see what real oppression looks like, see genocide, mass murders and wholesale slaughter of innocent women and children. See how those people are so very thankful that America sends its sons and daughters to defend them! After just one tour, I bet you will feel a bit of rage when someone disrespects the flag. Perhaps then, maybe, you might have a clue. Until then, remember that this country leads the world. Superpower. The most powerful nation on earth, with a Black President. So, tell us, just how this oppression thing you are protesting makes any sense? If you had called a press conference, said your opinion, and did so with dignity, cool. You have a right to free speech. You don't have a right to disrespect the country. You may cloak it in the 1st amendment, but disrespect is disrespect. Tacky. As a citizen of this country, you experience the blessings of liberty. Sad to see you take it for granted.

Sam Mac
09-03-2016, 07:59 PM
How about the Pat Tillman option? Take a leave of absence for military duty, enlist, become an Army Ranger, and see some combat? Go see what real oppression looks like, see genocide, mass murders and wholesale slaughter of innocent women and children. See how those people are so very thankful that America sends its sons and daughters to defend them! After just one tour, I bet you will feel a bit of rage when someone disrespects the flag. Perhaps then, maybe, you might have a clue. Until then, remember that this country leads the world. Superpower. The most powerful nation on earth, with a Black President. So, tell us, just how this oppression thing you are protesting makes any sense? If you had called a press conference, said your opinion, and did so with dignity, cool. You have a right to free speech. You don't have a right to disrespect the country. You may cloak it in the 1st amendment, but disrespect is disrespect. Tacky. As a citizen of this country, you experience the blessings of liberty. Sad to see you take it for granted.

Amen! :thumbup:

Geoandkay
09-03-2016, 09:16 PM
First time I've followed an off topic thread like this. Four pages of often angry people expressing their opinion about someone else who dared to do the same. This Tweet seems to sum it up . . .

BoilerAnimal
09-03-2016, 09:48 PM
First time I've followed an off topic thread like this. Four pages of often angry people expressing their opinion about someone else who dared to do the same. This Tweet seems to sum it up . . .

One of the most cogent and concise statements I've seen in a very long time!

Indyron
09-04-2016, 07:46 AM
I've already notified the NFL that I will no longer watch another game until they man up and support our troops and law enforcement officers.

I'm only one guy, but hopefully many others will join me.

You're on the right track here. But it doesn't go far enough.

Let's not watch ANY professional sports. That'll get 'em. You never know where this disrespect will show up, so let's nip it in the bud

And, we need to start teaching respect at an early age, so I propose banning all benches and chairs from the sidelines of all football games starting with Pop Warner. No sitting down. That'll help.

Also, any one caught kneeling in disrespect better be PRAYING and be a CHRISTIAN.

We also need to address what's his name, Kapernicker or whatever. We need to teach him RESPECT. So I propose we get a court order (this might be tough but is there a lawyer in our network that could take this on?) to remove all sitting furniture, like chairs, sofas etc. from his home. No sitting anywhere. He even has to sleep standing up. The only time he can sit is when he goes to the bathroom to do his #2 business. Then we need to put a time limit on it. Whatta you think 2 maybe 3 minutes tops? Chime in here if you have a suggestion.

That's all I can think of now but I'm sure some of you posters can come up with more to add to the list. Feel free to comment.

Bob Denman
09-04-2016, 12:05 PM
A-double-men! :thumbup: :agree:

wyliec
09-04-2016, 04:01 PM
As the saying goes: There is no such thing as bad publicity.

That football player is gaining in notoriety, which is what he is probably after. I just ignore what he has done; his foolishness should not cause someone's blood pressure to shoot up, and based on posts here, I think that's what is happening.

Bob D.,

I think if he has done something illegal that we should deputize you, and you can do what that placard says that I sent.:thumbup:

mowin
09-04-2016, 05:30 PM
As the saying goes: There is no such thing as bad publicity.

That football player is gaining in notoriety, which is what he is probably after. I just ignore what he has done; his foolishness should not cause someone's blood pressure to shoot up, and based on posts here, I think that's what is happening.

Bob D.,

I think if he has done something illegal that we should deputize you, and you can do what that placard says that I sent.:thumbup:

Can I see???? Pm me with it...

wyliec
09-04-2016, 06:37 PM
Can I see???? Pm me with it...

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?94184-Bob-D-need-help&p=1144803&viewfull=1#post1144803

Ohio1ryder
09-10-2016, 08:18 PM
I say boycott any games that one of the teams have a player who dishonor's the flag or national anthem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Ron2andia
09-10-2016, 10:38 PM

The point wasn't just oppression.. It was the unjust killing of black males. I myself had a gun pulled on me by a police officer on a routine stop.. You have no idea what it's like to wonder if the next pull over is my last day.. I respect the police and what they do... Support them as well .. But you and so many others are missing the point. I agree that he should have chosen a different platform but Agilent the reason was valid.

Bob Denman
09-11-2016, 07:34 AM
The point wasn't just oppression.. It was the unjust killing of black males. I myself had a gun pulled on me by a police officer on a routine stop.. .
Well: absent any action on your part to warrant that response; I'd say that the offending Officer should not be employed in such a capacity...
Perhaps they should seek employment as a Security Guard in a Mall.

Ron2andia
09-11-2016, 11:25 AM
Yeah here's my action.. I used to keep my registration and insurance card in my glove compartment.. The officer said I need your license, registration and insurance card.. I reached for it and they put a gun to the side of my head and said stop moving. They also asked if I stole the car because I guess a young black man can't own a BMW. The year was abou 1990 I was driving a mint 1976 BMW 2002.. Not a car I think is high on the stolen car list but.. It was what it was. When followed by an officer I pull over and let him pass.. I've been asked about the stolen car thing in at least 3 stops.. All along time ago and NEVER issued a ticket.. The car is listed on the registration.. Profiling was at an time high at that point.

Bob Denman
09-11-2016, 11:35 AM
Okay... you might have tried saying something like, "My paperwork is in the glove compartment; do you want me to reach over, and retrieve it for you now?"
I've got lots of friends that are in Law Enforcement, and most of them get a case of the 'puckers", when somebody makes a move to reach somewhere in the vehicle...
White, Black, Yellow, Green or Purple: it might have been the action, and had nothing to do with who you are. nojoke

...But I wasn't there... :shocked:

:D I have ALWAYS liked the 2002s! :clap:

Ron2andia
09-11-2016, 12:11 PM
No I have been with friends who have been stopped as well as family who always kept it there and reached for it without a problem.. But if proves my point being who I am means I have to for my safety announce my every move.. I espress my experience to friends of other persuasions... Including my wife... They have never had to or experienced anything like that. You can say stop what are u doing pulling a gun never should have happened. Just like those atrocities. Yes I loved that car.

dill
09-14-2016, 07:26 PM
Simple solution

The team owner, General Manager and head coach should demand that if the player does not want to stand, hold his right hand on his heart, then stay in locker room during the national anthem then be allowed on the field.

If the player does not agree, then keep is ass on the bench.

Dill Dorrell
Rising Sun, In

2014 Can Am RT
Loaded, aggressive rider, 30,000 miles 2 yrs.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Bob Denman
09-14-2016, 08:25 PM
I like the option that you have presented... :thumbup:

Commander
09-15-2016, 06:01 AM
The best way to show your displeasure would be to just not watch them. That would hit the teams who condone that conduct and the pocket book with low ratings. It is pretty bad when the NFL fines players who HONOR the people who died on 9 - 11, but condones a player who disrespects our flag.

vided
09-15-2016, 07:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-zJL9JuOLQ

Bob Denman
09-15-2016, 08:08 AM

vided
09-15-2016, 08:13 AM

http://www.allenbwest.com/michaelcantrell/ouch-colin-kaepernick-gets-trolled-big-time

Bob Denman
09-15-2016, 08:26 AM
:D It is kind of a catchy tune... :D

TicketBait
10-11-2016, 01:20 PM
Colin Kaepernick to start at quarterback for the 49ers

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000719250/article/colin-kaepernick-to-start-at-quarterback-for-49ers

Bob Denman
10-11-2016, 01:51 PM
I was just reading that story...
I hope that the defensive lineman of their next opponent are able to teach him some manners... nojoke

Or now that he's a starter; I wonder if Police Brutality is no longer an important issue for him?

Pirate looks at --
10-11-2016, 01:54 PM
The Buffalo Bills!

ARtraveler
10-11-2016, 01:54 PM
The whole situation has me totally bummed about watching football. Even my "favorite" teams.

To see players make any kind of demonstration before a game when it comes to honoring the flag, it just sickens me to see what our world is coming to.

They are now even doing it at local football games at the high school level. The school board says its their "right" to free speech. Yes it is, but are they being taught the "values" they should be?

Last Sunday, we watched zero football. Neither one of us felt we were missing a thing.

Pirate looks at --
10-11-2016, 01:55 PM
I was just reading that story...
I hope that the defensive lineman of their next opponent are able to teach him some manners... nojoke

Or now that he's a starter; I wonder if Police Brutality is no longer an important issue for him?

Be careful, the defensive lineman may just be kneeling along with him!

Bob Denman
10-11-2016, 01:59 PM
I don't know if Buffalo's coach would put up with that :cus:... :dontknow:

JerryB
10-11-2016, 04:57 PM
Hi akspyderman,

Re: They are now even doing it at local football games at the high school level. The school board says its their "right" to free speech. Yes it is, but are they being taught the "values" they should be?

IMO by the time a child gets to high school, you are no longer 'teaching' them values. They are taking the values that their parents taught them, what their teachers have taught and what they learn from their peers. Then, hopefully, they are making good decisions.

Just because those are decisions that anyone might not agree with does not make them any less valuable.

I, for one, admire critical thinking.

Jerry Baumchen