PDA

View Full Version : Modifying windshields

rleathen
03-27-2009, 08:16 PM
I just put a Calsci Large windshield on my 2008 SE5. While the windshield is great I would like to "tweak" it just a tiny bit. I would like to put a very slight curve into it at the top and perhaps "bend" the small side wings out just a bit more then they already are. Has anybody had any experience in modifiying windshields and more specifically Calsci windshields. Can it be done using a heat gun without damaging the windshield ??

Thanks in advance.

sleepman
03-27-2009, 08:25 PM
If you're looking to try and change the airflow over the top of the windshield by putting a curve in it then I'd suggest just getting a Laminar Lip for your shield. It'll probably work out better for you in the long run.

jeuchler
03-27-2009, 08:30 PM
I just put a Calsci Large windshield on my 2008 SE5. While the windshield is great I would like to "tweak" it just a tiny bit. I would like to put a very slight curve into it at the top and perhaps "bend" the small side wings out just a bit more then they already are. Has anybody had any experience in modifiying windshields and more specifically Calsci windshields. Can it be done using a heat gun without damaging the windshield ??

Thanks in advance.

rleathen

Short answer: Yes.

Did you read through this thread yet? (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6802&highlight=bend+jeuchler)