PDA

View Full Version : Rear speaker controls

bcer960
08-26-2016, 06:45 PM
When we got the RT-S, my wife tried to turn the volume up on the rear speakers using the controls on her grip. Nothing happened. We had already left on a trip, and when we got back, we asked the salesman about, thinking the controls were not working. He looked through the book ( I had as well) and it says

"The passenger audio control allows toremotely increase or reduce the passengerheadset volume by using theUP/DOWN button."

So, we assumed it only worked when the dongle was attached. Now that we have the SM10 dongle, they don't do anything either. :banghead:

So, can anyone please tell me what the volume control buttons on the passenger hand grips are for? The other buttons to change station/song work fine.

Thanks

Ray

Dugnvern
08-26-2016, 06:51 PM
on my Rt it only works if we have our wired headsets plugged into the bike. does nothing to the rear speakers only the headset.

bcer960
08-26-2016, 06:55 PM
[QUOTE=Dugnvern;1174318]on my Rt it only works if we have our wired headsets plugged into the bike. /QUOTE]

Thanks for replying.

Not that i'm going to, but how do you plug in the headsets?

BoilerAnimal
08-26-2016, 07:18 PM
Go to the setting mode and adjust the fade control to the balance you want. If it's set to the front speakers she won't get any sound for the back speakers.

I'd like to know who thought it would be a good idea to make the radio adjustable from the rear.:rolleyes: My wife found out about the controls on her own. One day we're riding along listening to a great song when, BAM!, out of the clear blue the station got changed!!! Then I heard a sinister laugh coming from the back! A little power just goes straight to some people's head!:roflblack::roflblack:

kngfsh27
08-26-2016, 07:28 PM
Go to the setting mode and adjust the fade control to the balance you want. If it's set to the front speakers she won't get any sound for the back speakers.

I'd like to know who thought it would be a good idea to make the radio adjustable from the rear.:rolleyes: My wife found out about the controls on her own. One day we're riding along listening to a great song when, BAM!, out of the clear blue the station got changed!!! Then I heard a sinister laugh coming from the back! A little power just goes straight to some people's head!:roflblack::roflblack:
We were cruising along on a Sunday morning. All the sudden I was in church and I didn't even do a drive through.

IdahoMtnSpyder
08-26-2016, 08:28 PM
[QUOTE=Dugnvern;1174318]on my Rt it only works if we have our wired headsets plugged into the bike. /QUOTE]

Thanks for replying.

Not that i'm going to, but how do you plug in the headsets?
You have to have the CB installed in order to use wired headsets.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

bcer960
08-27-2016, 12:25 PM
Thanks everyone.

Still not sure why BRP would put controls on the bike, that as so specific to one accessory application.

Bob Denman
08-27-2016, 01:13 PM
:agree: That an in-line control for the volume would have been less confusing. :dontknow:
Perhaps they did it in order to provide something for the forums to talk about! :D

finless
08-29-2016, 08:30 AM
Even thought the volume control do not work without wired headset, if you have an iPod hooked up the other buttons will allow you to change songs on the iPod. Skip forward a song or skip back a song.

Bob

BoilerAnimal
08-29-2016, 08:48 AM
Even thought the volume control do not work without wired headset, if you have an iPod hooked up the other buttons will allow you to change songs on the iPod. Skip forward a song or skip back a song.

Bob

Tried playing with the rear controls after getting back from a ride yesterday. Found out the only thing I could do was just as you say. Just before the OP I adjusted the fade control because I could barely hear anything out of the rear speakers. I thought that was the reason for the volume control not working for the rear. Boy, was I wrong! :opps: