PDA

View Full Version : Audio system on 2014 RT Limited

kenr57
08-24-2016, 05:55 PM
I have just purchased a 2014 RT Limited. I need a tutorial in how this system works and what I have to do in order to have the audio through my headset. (Honda 5 pin) There is a bluetooth system installed in the front trunk, but I do not know if it is connected. There is an MP3 port located in the rear trunk. Other that this, I have no audio cables or other wiring.

Question: What do I need to do to have the audio through the heads? Any assistance would be appreciated

Thanks,

IdahoMtnSpyder
08-24-2016, 07:26 PM
I have just purchased a 2014 RT Limited. I need a tutorial in how this system works and what I have to do in order to have the audio through my headset. (Honda 5 pin) There is a bluetooth system installed in the front trunk, but I do not know if it is connected. There is an MP3 port located in the rear trunk. Other that this, I have no audio cables or other wiring.

Question: What do I need to do to have the audio through the heads? Any assistance would be appreciated

Thanks,
In order to use wired headsets you need to have the BRP CB radio installed. It is both CB and intercom. Your Honda 5 pin headset won't work. The BRP system is 7 wire. The BT in the trunk is to broadcast the audio signal to a BT headset. There are two cables for the plug in the trunk, one with a regular stereo plug that can be plugged into any player, and one for iPod which gives you control of the iPod via the handlebar controls.

The owner's manual describes the audio system.

robmorg
08-25-2016, 04:08 PM
In light of what IdahoMtnSpyder said above, your best bet might be to get a Bluetooth headset (or a pair of them if you ride duel) especially since you already have the Bluetooth transmitting dongle in your front trunk. The dongle you have is the Sena SM10 (http://www.sena.com/product/sm10/). You can get a user manual for it here (http://www.sena.com/product/sm10/#support). If you think, for some reason, that it is not connected, you can test that out by temporarily pairing it to a BT speaker that you may have, or can borrow.

The headset I would recommend is the Sena 10S (http://www.sena.com/product/10s/), which is a very good one with good music reproduction capability, and one of Sena's latest models. There are other Sena headsets, including the recently discontinued SMH10, which you can probably find very inexpensively now on the Internet.

You said you already had the MP3 cable in your trunk. If you also want the iPod one, you can pick that up from your dealer. As mentioned in the last post, that is nice because you can fully control an iPod with the Multi-Function controls next to the left handgrip. (Both audio adaptor cables originally came with the RT.)

The bike originally came with a detailed user guide for the Entertainment and Command Center. Much more information is there than there is in the Spyder User Manual. It was printed on a single long sheet of paper. Sorry I cannot find one on the internet for a link, but perhaps you can also ask your dealer about that.

Hope this helps you some.