PDA

View Full Version : The world is getting to be really, really strange.

spyderCodes
08-24-2016, 04:13 PM
Recently I've been on one of my insomniac cycles.
Typically they can last a month or more.
A month with only catnaps.
YouTube has accompanied me in this excursion into sleep deprivation.

Every fringe group, or at least I call them fringe, has at least three people who can crank out videos trumpeting their point of view, theory or batcrap crazy idea.
If I manage, and I suppose I will, to step on a few toes with your favorite batcrap crazy thing I will ask you to cut me a bit of slack.

Did you know that there is a world wide network of satellites with compressed gas on board to control the weather?
The science or physics doesn't get fully explained but these satellites shoot down compressed gasses and insure that California remains dry because "they" want to drive people out of the state and buy real estate for pennies on the dollar.
I'm not sure how this world wide network of physics bending satellites got developed or paid for but if the plan works "they" have to make quite a tidy sum when rainfall is restored.

Then there is Planet X, Niburu.
It's hurtling for a squeaker of a flyover some time soon.
Why haven't the amerature astonomers, who aren't being paid off, seen it?
Because it is behind the sun and is closing fast.
There are scores of really well done animations showing how, due to it's position, it is hidden to us.
Of course what is missing in all of these animations is the fact the earth makes a circuit around the sun every year or so and any object approaching us couldn't hide for more than a few weeks.
Nice try though.

This brings me to my favorite.
The flat earthers.
Yes, you read that right.
The earth is really a flat pie plate.
The continents are arranged exactly like the UN Flag.(where do you suppose they got it and why is Antarctica closed to all but a few?)

Take a look, it's a projection of the continents with the outer edge of the pie plate being Antarctica.
Or a giant ice wall.
You need not watch the evening news for entertainment, YouTube crazies can provide plenty.

It's actually called an azimuthal projection but let's not get science and reason involved in this.
The sun is actually only 3000 miles away and projects light in a directed beam.
The moon is a couple of hundred miles away and makes its own light through a process called lunar phosphorescence.
The phases of the moon were fully explained but my mind still can't grasp the explanation well enough to re-explain it here.

There there are Chemtrails, Reptillians and your spotted saskwatch.

ARtraveler
08-24-2016, 04:55 PM
Okay. Thanks for doing the late night stuff for us. :roflblack::roflblack:

Now I am going to have to find some new theories to dwell on. :yes:

Bob Denman
08-24-2016, 05:17 PM
:shocked: I REALLY would like to spend a late night watching TV, and cruising the "Looney-Net" with you! :D

pegasus1300
08-24-2016, 05:36 PM
Where's my foil hat?

Pirate looks at --
08-24-2016, 05:57 PM
Damn no wonder it so dry here in California. I knew there was no such thing as global warming! It's that damn gas from the sky! So we have Warren Buffett, Sir Richard Branson, Elon Musk, and yes DONALD TRUMP!!!!! Let's face it Buffett and the Donald have the money and Branson and Musk have the Space launch capabilities to pull this off! Roger, bless you for uncovering this lunatic attack on the 5th Largest Economy in the World! These guys have to be stopped. It can only get worse if Trump is elected!:roflblack:

Sam Mac
08-24-2016, 06:12 PM
I need a drink, make that I need a lot of drinks. I'm glad I'm old and won't see the end........ :banghead:

ThreeWheels
08-24-2016, 06:21 PM

You too ????
I'm having the same problem sleeping, and I also have been up all night watching youtube.

I find myself watching the Q&A panels at the Star Trek conventions.
Reruns of Yancy Derringer
Documentaries on Gilligan's Island and The Love Boat.
ANYTHING that Neil deGrasse Tyson is involved with.

I may start drinking again, just so I can get some sleep.
Unfortunately, I need to be at work around 7:30 in the morning.

Pandy
08-24-2016, 06:35 PM
Where the **** is my jet pack?Patrick

oldguyinTX
08-24-2016, 07:05 PM
Let us not forget the additives to jet fuel. That's what makes the contrails that we see. It is used by the government(s) to control the weather around the world - or "across" the world as a flat earther would think.:yikes:

spyderCodes
08-24-2016, 07:07 PM
You too ????
I'm having the same problem sleeping, and I also have been up all night watching youtube.

I find myself watching the Q&A panels at the Star Trek conventions.
Reruns of Yancy Derringer
Documentaries on Gilligan's Island and The Love Boat.
ANYTHING that Neil deGrasse Tyson is involved with.

I may start drinking again, just so I can get some sleep.
Unfortunately, I need to be at work around 7:30 in the morning.

Yes, Tyson, Dawkins and others i hadn't better list

jaherbst
08-24-2016, 08:42 PM
Roger your getting in pretty deep. When was your last check up? :joke:

Jack

Chupaca
08-24-2016, 08:58 PM
This is the first review that I have seen....how many days has it been. Will we get more such reviews..?? gonna take notes :roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
08-25-2016, 07:09 AM
Where's my foil hat?

:D Don't worry: I've got a spare that I can let you use... :thumbup:

BajaRon
08-25-2016, 09:04 AM
These are the kind of people who give honest Conspiracy Theory guys like me a bad name!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Ggi8ObeRzgk/UB5Pm4RJ5pI/AAAAAAAACoI/FxuCGtFLOJA/s640/1997+conspiracy+theory+1.jpg

PrairieSpyder
08-25-2016, 09:08 AM
You mean the earth isn't flat? :dontknow:

I live in Kansas and I can see the curvature of the earth any day!

Navvet
08-25-2016, 09:17 AM
Let us not forget the additives to jet fuel. That's what makes the contrails that we see. It is used by the government(s) to control the weather around the world - or "across" the world as a flat earther would think.:yikes:

No no no .... You have it wrong ..... the additive in the chemtrails is G-23 Paxilon Hydrochlorate ......

They want us to become Reavers .... :yikes::yikes::yikes:

murphybrown
08-25-2016, 09:53 AM

Every fringe group, or at least I call them fringe, has at least three people who can crank out videos trumpeting their point of view, theory or batcrap crazy idea.
If I manage, and I suppose I will, to step on a few toes with your favorite batcrap crazy thing I will ask you to cut me a bit of slack.

Did you know that there is a world wide network of satellites with compressed gas on board to control the weather?
The science or physics doesn't get fully explained but these satellites shoot down compressed gasses and insure that California remains dry because "they" want to drive people out of the state and buy real estate for pennies on the dollar.
I'm not sure how this world wide network of physics bending satellites got developed or paid for but if the plan works "they" have to make quite a tidy sum when rainfall is restored.

Then there is Planet X, Niburu.
It's hurtling for a squeaker of a flyover some time soon.
Why haven't the amerature astonomers, who aren't being paid off, seen it?
Because it is behind the sun and is closing fast.
There are scores of really well done animations showing how, due to it's position, it is hidden to us.
Of course what is missing in all of these animations is the fact the earth makes a circuit around the sun every year or so and any object approaching us couldn't hide for more than a few weeks.
Nice try though.

This brings me to my favorite.
The flat earthers.
Yes, you read that right.
The earth is really a flat pie plate.
The continents are arranged exactly like the UN Flag.(where do you suppose they got it and why is Antarctica closed to all but a few?)

Take a look, it's a projection of the continents with the outer edge of the pie plate being Antarctica.
Or a giant ice wall.
You need not watch the evening news for entertainment, YouTube crazies can provide plenty.

It's actually called an azimuthal projection but let's not get science and reason involved in this.
The sun is actually only 3000 miles away and projects light in a directed beam.
The moon is a couple of hundred miles away and makes its own light through a process called lunar phosphorescence.
The phases of the moon were fully explained but my mind still can't grasp the explanation well enough to re-explain it here.

There there are Chemtrails, Reptillians and your spotted saskwatch.

Roger, Roger I am just flat SHOCKED that you would step over the line and make remarks that ? the validity of MY SPOTTED SASKWATCH.....all that other stuff hey I agree with you...but not my Saskwatch....I'm working on forgiving you, but I have to get out of my cave and go watch grandkids win the big ribbons at fair. :yes::yes:

Dan McNally
08-25-2016, 10:27 AM
Your post reminds me of the calls we used to get when I was a Watch Officer at the Justice Command Center - folks would call in the middle of the night and want to speak with the Attorney General. One, particularly persistent fellow (lets call him "John Smith") would call, multiple times a night - he was convinced that the US and the then-Soviet Union had made an agreement regarding dissident Jews. They released them in exchange for the right to torture an American Jew with their satellites. If he couldn't sleep at night, it was the Russians, torturing him with their satellites; if he had a headache, it was the Russians; if it he wet his bed, it was the Russians. He was unrelenting and, if we hung up on him and didn't listen, he'd keep calling back, so we learned to let him start, then put him on hold. Every now and then, we'd pick up the phone, say "uh-huh" and put him back on hold.

A friend, a guy who was a real practical joker, left Justice and became Counsel to the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence. One night, when our "John Smith" called, I told him that I'd get in trouble if anyone ever knew I told him this, but that the only person in the government who could help him was my friend at the Senate. I gave the guy my friend's private phone number (the one that rang at his desk, not his secretary's desk.)

I waited two weeks and called my friend. We chatted a bit, and then I asked him if he'd been able to help "John Smith." There was a pause, then a laugh, and he said: "You :cus:! I had to have my private number changed!" The beauty of this was that, had he the chance, my friend would have done the same to me!

Yeah, there are some really strange people out there!

Bob Denman
08-25-2016, 11:28 AM
I have no direct evidence of the "Spotted Sasquatch"...

But I know a guy, who's ex-friend's, sister's Mother-In-Law's third Uncle twice-removed, once dated a lady who saw one of these...

That's right: the "Yellow-Bellied" Sasquatch!
(But don't call them that: they really HATE the name! :D)

Trbayth
08-25-2016, 11:38 AM
Your post reminds me of the calls we used to get when I was a Watch Officer at the Justice Command Center - folks would call in the middle of the night and want to speak with the Attorney General. One, particularly persistent fellow (lets call him "John Smith") would call, multiple times a night - he was convinced that the US and the then-Soviet Union had made an agreement regarding dissident Jews. They released them in exchange for the right to torture an American Jew with their satellites. If he couldn't sleep at night, it was the Russians, torturing him with their satellites; if he had a headache, it was the Russians; if it he wet his bed, it was the Russians. He was unrelenting and, if we hung up on him and didn't listen, he'd keep calling back, so we learned to let him start, then put him on hold. Every now and then, we'd pick up the phone, say "uh-huh" and put him back on hold.

A friend, a guy who was a real practical joker, left Justice and became Counsel to the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence. One night, when our "John Smith" called, I told him that I'd get in trouble if anyone ever knew I told him this, but that the only person in the government who could help him was my friend at the Senate. I gave the guy my friend's private phone number (the one that rang at his desk, not his secretary's desk.)

I waited two weeks and called my friend. We chatted a bit, and then I asked him if he'd been able to help "John Smith." There was a pause, then a laugh, and he said: "You :cus:! I had to have my private number changed!" The beauty of this was that, had he the chance, my friend would have done the same to me!

Yeah, there are some really strange people out there!

Remind me to never get you pissed off at me.

Habib
08-25-2016, 12:06 PM
That's why I wear a tinfoil hat, to protect me from all that. If you don't start wearing one your all doomed.

sandeejs
08-25-2016, 01:49 PM
....you could be studying the many theories regarding who Negan killed on TWD?
~Sandee~

Bob Denman
08-25-2016, 01:59 PM

It's MUCH more fun searching for proof of Bigfoot ordering breakfast at Denny's! :roflblack:

billybovine
08-25-2016, 03:30 PM
Of course Saskwatch are everywhere. They are even acting in commercials now. :D

https://youtu.be/dsKCxuNXP94

Bob Denman
08-25-2016, 05:09 PM
:shocked: :agree:

https://youtu.be/u8c-f6aNQdg

Pirate looks at --
08-25-2016, 05:19 PM
That was funny!:roflblack: