PDA

View Full Version : Elka Shocks

Justacruisin
08-23-2016, 08:40 AM
After a year and a half, finally got it right. At least for me.
Right after purchase I installed the BaJa Ron Sway Bar. It Helps. Last weekend I had the Elka Stage 2 shocks installed.
A HUGE difference.

Justacruisin

Haze
08-29-2016, 09:04 PM
I agree completely.
First a BajaRon Sway bar. Then
I had Elkas installed on my 2013 STS at Spyderfest. :clap:

Great bike once setup.
Cheers, David C

Aracknoid
09-03-2016, 08:43 AM
1st post, but this thread caught my eye. I have installed Elka shocks on two of our Spyders and planning to install a set on the "new-to-me" 2013 ST. Great improvement along with the Bridgestone RE93 front tires and the Kuhmo rear tire a total change in the handling

Look forward to being invovled in this group.

Good Luck

ingramwc
09-03-2016, 11:55 AM
:spyder:Do you all ride 2 up a lot?? I ride solo and still have the stock shocks and my handling is fine, I did install the BajaRon sway bar.

Aracknoid
09-03-2016, 03:01 PM
To answer Ingramwc, we ride the spyders solo, but pull a trailer.

I found that adjustments were lacking and the bikes can be bottomed out (in the rear) very easy. The Elka shocks were set up for the rider, gear and bike's weight. The ride quality is greatly imroved. We also went to a heavier tire setup.

We ride not only paved roads, but also improved gravel roads. Any small country road is fair game.

The Elka shocks can be rebuilt many times. Most higher end shocks can be rebuilt, but for the price and quality of workmanship, I choose Elka.

Good Luck

bondo
09-05-2016, 02:26 PM
:spyder:Do you all ride 2 up a lot?? I ride solo and still have the stock shocks and my handling is fine, I did install the BajaRon sway bar. I have a rear elastase two for