PDA

View Full Version : FYI Loose "A" arm bolts. Make sure you check them.

taxmyzer
08-22-2016, 11:19 AM
Spyder owners. While checking the front of my 2013 RT-S I grabbed the left side fender and rocked it front to back to my surprise it had a lot of movement. First I thought the support brackets are loose but they were fine upon further inspection while rocking the fender and lookin for loose components I noticed the left side inner rear upper "A" had a lot of play. So, after lifting the bike and checking all the "A" arm bolts this one was definitely loose. :yikes::yikes::yikes:

cuznjohn
08-22-2016, 11:47 AM
glad you caught it

WackyDan
08-22-2016, 11:51 AM
Spyder owners. While checking the front of my 2013 RT-S I grabbed the left side fender and rocked it front to back to my surprise it had a lot of movement. First I thought the support brackets are loose but they were fine upon further inspection while rocking the fender and lookin for loose components I noticed the left side inner rear upper "A" had a lot of play. So, after lifting the bike and checking all the "A" arm bolts this one was definitely loose. :yikes::yikes::yikes:

Some have had the bushings wear out... Keep an eye on it as it may only have appeared to be from the bolt being loose.

Bob Denman
08-22-2016, 11:52 AM
It sounds as if it's time to change out all of them... nojoke

It's only a total of eight, and your bike will thank you for it! :thumbup:
Is anybody wondering why they quit adding grease fittings? :dontknow:

billybovine
08-22-2016, 12:06 PM
As others have said. By your description the A-arm bushings are worn out. Tightening the bolts will not work for long.

billybovine
08-22-2016, 12:10 PM
Is anybody wondering why they quit adding grease fittings? :dontknow:

They have sealed permanently greased bushings now. That's what they should have had all along.

If anybody is wondering if you can use the new bushings instead of the old. No you can't. Different size.

pegasus1300
08-22-2016, 01:20 PM
They have sealed permanently greased bushings now. That's what they should have had all along.

If anybody is wondering if you can use the new bushings instead of the old. No you can't. Different size.:banghead::banghead::banghead: