PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Scratch

bigarachnid
03-26-2009, 02:27 PM
I've lightly scratched my windshield and would like to polish the scratches out. Is the stock Spyder windshield plexiglass or lexan?

Greg H.
03-26-2009, 02:47 PM
I've lightly scratched my windshield and would like to polish the scratches out. Is the stock Spyder windshield plexiglass or lexan?

Not sure, technically, what the actual material of the windshield is. But, I like the Novus #2 polish for addressing small scratches or swirls in plastics. And, I have used this on my BRP Ultrasport windshield (Makrolon Polycarbonate).

http://www.novuspolish.com/

And,,,, welcome

Firefly
03-26-2009, 03:37 PM

The BRP shields are made out of DOT approved Polycarbonate. Polycarbonate scratches easier than some other materials used for shields (acryllic,Lexan, etc.), but is a better, stronger, safer material in my opinion.

No shield is built to last forever, considering the number of bugs that will splat on them------

NancysToy
03-26-2009, 06:24 PM
The BRP shields are made out of DOT approved Polycarbonate. Polycarbonate scratches easier than some other materials used for shields (acryllic,Lexan, etc.), but is a better, stronger, safer material in my opinion.

No shield is built to last forever, considering the number of bugs that will splat on them------
Lexan is polycarbonate. Plexiglass is acrylic. Shatterproof eyeglass lenses are made of polycarbonate, BTW. Strong stuff! Harder to polish out scratches than in acrylic, though.
-Scotty