PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Repair Manual Choices

zuni
08-21-2016, 12:32 PM
I currently have the electronic manuals from Midwest Manuals (manuals4mechanics) for the 2014 RTs we had and for the 2015 F3s I still have. Looking for a manual for our 2016 F3t and wonder if anyone has compared the manuals from Midwest and TechSpark

CJ JAX

IdahoMtnSpyder
08-21-2016, 06:19 PM
I currently have the electronic manuals from Midwest Manuals (manuals4mechanics) for the 2014 RTs we had and for the 2015 F3s I still have. Looking for a manual for our 2016 F3t and wonder if anyone has compared the manuals from Midwest and TechSpark

CJ JAX
I just looked at the website. The Tech Spark Studio manuals are the fancy dancy page flipping format. The Midwest manuals (they are available under several different names) have been, and I presume still are, plain old, but restricted, PDF documents. The only difficulty I have encountered with the Midwest manual is you cannot copy and paste the text or photos from it, but you can print them. I wasn't impressed with the print quality of the Tech Spark example document. You can copy text from the sample pages on the Tech Studio site but I don't know if that can be done with a Can Am manual. The Midwest has a good search capability. I see no search option on the Tech Spark example doc.

For myself, I would stick with the Midwest manuals even though I question their legitimacy. You can't find any info about whether or not they are sanctioned by BRP.

Here's the link to the Tech Spark example doc. http://www.techsparkstudio.com/tss/gen/Example/index.html

Zip
10-26-2016, 07:27 AM
I just looked at the website. The Tech Spark Studio manuals are the fancy dancy page flipping format. The Midwest manuals (they are available under several different names) have been, and I presume still are, plain old, but restricted, PDF documents. The only difficulty I have encountered with the Midwest manual is you cannot copy and paste the text or photos from it, but you can print them. I wasn't impressed with the print quality of the Tech Spark example document. You can copy text from the sample pages on the Tech Studio site but I don't know if that can be done with a Can Am manual. The Midwest has a good search capability. I see no search option on the Tech Spark example doc.

For myself, I would stick with the Midwest manuals even though I question their legitimacy. You can't find any info about whether or not they are sanctioned by BRP.

Here's the link to the Tech Spark example doc. http://www.techsparkstudio.com/tss/gen/Example/index.html

You could screen shot then cut and paste

IdahoMtnSpyder
10-26-2016, 08:15 AM
You could screen shot then cut and paste
That's what I do when I post something from it.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk