PDA

View Full Version : Fast Flasher Blinker Rate

pjweimer
08-21-2016, 08:45 AM
I have been adding multiple TricLED lighting products to our 2014 RT Limited. After the first set to the saddlebags that involved adding turn signal lights I got the fast flasher blinker rate. So I followed bulletin 2014-8 and the rate was back to normal. The next set that I added to the front suspension again gae the fast rate. I've attempted to reset the rate following the same directions and it hasn't reset the rate. I've tried to multiple times.
Guess their may be a limited how much additional resistamce can be added before the system cannot be programmed to handle it. :gaah:

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-21-2016, 09:13 AM
This is interesting, I also have a 2014 RT ... I have a LOT of extra LED's ( to many to list ) some putting out 8,000 lumen's. I haven't had a - fast flash - Yet........ Mike :thumbup:

SPYD3R
08-21-2016, 09:32 AM
This is interesting, I also have a 2014 RT ... I have a LOT of extra LED's ( to many to list ) some putting out 8,000 lumen's. I haven't had a - fast flash - Yet........ Mike :thumbup:

MIKE;
IF YOU CONNECTED YOUR LITES DIRECTLY TO THE BATTERY, 'FAST FLASH' WON'T HAPPEN... IF THEY ARE CONNECTED TO THE SPYD3R ELECTRICAL SYSTEM, THEN YOU ARE JUST A LUCKY GUY....
SPYD3R

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-22-2016, 08:39 AM
MIKE;
IF YOU CONNECTED YOUR LITES DIRECTLY TO THE BATTERY, 'FAST FLASH' WON'T HAPPEN... IF THEY ARE CONNECTED TO THE SPYD3R ELECTRICAL SYSTEM, THEN YOU ARE JUST A LUCKY GUY....
SPYD3R
You made a large mental leap on this ....... The majority of my lights are on separate FUSED circuits .... some are connected to the system like the .... ADDITIONAL Signal lite flashers because you can't do it any other way ..... just sayin........Mike :thumbup:

OverHillAndDale
08-22-2016, 09:31 AM
There's an easy fix for fast blinkers when additional loads are put on the turn signals (2014+ only).

Turn the ignition switch on.
Press and hold the emergency flasher switch for a full 30 seconds. Theoretically you'll get an additional flash after 30 seconds but I've never seen.
Enjoy your newly calibrated turn signals.

pjweimer
08-22-2016, 11:38 AM
That is exactly the procedure that I have been following but with no effect

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

CapeSpyder
08-22-2016, 11:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpuEqpiTm4M&feature=youtu.be&t=177

Rukpub
08-22-2016, 12:08 PM
There's an easy fix for fast blinkers when additional loads are put on the turn signals (2014+ only).

Press and hold the emergency flasher switch for a full 30 seconds. Theoretically you'll get an additional flash after 30 seconds but I've never seen.

I wish this would work with my 2012 RT. Still cannot get use to the hyper flash. How can you stop it on a 2012?:(

billybovine
08-22-2016, 12:13 PM
I wish this would work with my 2012 RT. Still cannot get use to the hyper flash. How can you stop it on a 2012?:(

Disconnect the extra lights. Rewire them in using relays. If you only have a few extra lights you can add a resistor in series to reduce the power draw by the extra lights.

pjweimer
08-22-2016, 12:35 PM
Thanks CapeSpyder for posting Lamonster's video. I was not turning the turn signal on after sitting of the hazards. When I followed the sequence exactly it reprogrammed and the fast flasher blink rate is gone.��

So to complete the sequence of steps that worked for me:

1. Set ignition key to "ON".
2. Press and hold the hazard button for 30 seconds.
NOTE: The Cluster pilot lights will flash once quickly confirming the calibration has been successfully carried out. (I saw that at about 20 seconds)
3. Release the Hazard button.
4. Turn on either the right or left turn signal.
5. Let it blink once and turn the Ignition to "OFF".

Repeat steps and in step 4 turn on the opposite turn signal.

And that's the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Thank God!

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

scarecrow
08-23-2016, 04:54 PM
Tried it several times. Right side blinks good. Left side hyperflash. I added a resistor but still no luck. Still looking to fix it.

MrSpacelySC
08-25-2016, 09:29 AM
I am about to install spyderpops mirror turn signals on my 2011 RT (I am a new owner of a used 2011 RT)

Will I get the fast flash?
Is it usable "fast" or will it confuse everybody?
IS there any "fix" for a 2011 RT IF it goes to fast flash?
Thanks
a Noob

agedbikeman
05-23-2017, 04:37 PM
I read this procedure last night on this site, for months my flashers have been on a mission,rushed straight to my garage, did the procedure, worked a treat, so easy, bet a dealer would have charged 50 bucks for that, Lamonster has a video about it, THANKS LAMONSTER

vtrider
05-23-2017, 05:04 PM
I wish I would of known about this procedure when I added all my extra led turn signal lights from TricLed on my F3T. I had the hyper flash and fixed all the leds by adding 330 ohm 1/2 watt resistors to all the LED lights to fix the issue. Everything works fine for now, so I won't change anything.

Bob Denman
05-23-2017, 05:39 PM
Thanks CapeSpyder for posting Lamonster's video. I was not turning the turn signal on after sitting of the hazards. When I followed the sequence exactly it reprogrammed and the fast flasher blink rate is gone.��

So to complete the sequence of steps that worked for me:

1. Set ignition key to "ON".
2. Press and hold the hazard button for 30 seconds.
NOTE: The Cluster pilot lights will flash once quickly confirming the calibration has been successfully carried out. (I saw that at about 20 seconds)
3. Release the Hazard button.
4. Turn on either the right or left turn signal.
5. Let it blink once and turn the Ignition to "OFF".

Repeat steps and in step 4 turn on the opposite turn signal.

And that's the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Thank God!

:agree: That is EXACTLY how Lamont laid it out in his video... :thumbup:
I had to use this procedure to keep my flashers from hyperventilating, and it worked perfectly! :yes:

Spyder 10
05-23-2017, 09:08 PM
Follow the procedure except turn the engine on instead of just the ignition. I have had to do it about 5 or 6 times before it finally stopped all hyper flash. Once the dash lights flash turn the emergency flasher off. Turn on the left or right signal, let it flash once then turn the bike off. You may have to alternate between the left and right signal if you have to do it multiple times.

Old Crow
05-23-2017, 10:28 PM
I am about to install spyderpops mirror turn signals on my 2011 RT (I am a new owner of a used 2011 RT)

Will I get the fast flash?
Is it usable "fast" or will it confuse everybody?
IS there any "fix" for a 2011 RT IF it goes to fast flash?
Thanks
a Noob

I had Spyderpops install his run/turn/brake lights on my 2013 at Spyderfest last month and have the fast flash. I actually like it. It's different enough that it really makes the bike stand out from the rear. Rode back to Kentucky with a group of 5 othrs and most commented that they liked the lights.

Bob

RogDawg
01-23-2021, 01:33 PM
Five plus years later, 330 ohm resister suggestion fixes mirror LED fast flash turn signal.