PDA

View Full Version : 622 service and maintenance

Duke-Blue
08-19-2016, 09:30 AM
I just bought a 2010 622 trailer for my 2015 RTL. Needs wiring harness change and lock bolt change out. Has about 800 miles on it. Anything else before a trip? Grease, etc...?

Ordered the wiring harness from dealer.

Any and all advice is appreciated.
Thanks

jaherbst
08-19-2016, 09:36 AM
Great trailer. You are going to love it.

Jack

oldguyinTX
08-19-2016, 10:17 AM
Did you get a manual with it? You probably should check and/or grease the wheel bearings before setting out on a trip. The manual tells you how to do it. If you don't have a manual, PM me with your Email & I will scan the pages & Email them to you. By the way, you're gonna love that trailer:thumbup:

trikermutha
08-19-2016, 10:24 AM
You can get the manuals on the BRP site and download them..

As for the wheel bearings is a must..Found one of my bearings spinning on the axle..Its not suppose to do that.

What harness are you ordering?

SpyderAnn01
08-19-2016, 11:08 AM
Just make sure that the grounding harness is part of the new wiring. If not, you will surely blow your trailer module. Since the trailer is a 2010 check to see if it has the water management kit. This was added to 11 and newer and was available for retrofit to the 2010. If it doesn't have it you will get your gear wet when opening the lid in rain.

Duke-Blue
08-19-2016, 04:05 PM
Just make sure that the grounding harness is part of the new wiring. If not, you will surely blow your trailer module. Since the trailer is a 2010 check to see if it has the water management kit. This was added to 11 and newer and was available for retrofit to the 2010. If it doesn't have it you will get your gear wet when opening the lid in rain.

There are some small drain lines to the underneath of the trailer, not sure if that is the rain water management. It is raining now so will go look. No, no water management:-(

I got the dealer who put in the hitch and wiring module to order one. $110.00. I am hoping and assuming this will have the grounding wire and instructions.

I have a manual with it and saw the instructions for the wheel grease and will get to that before going.

The previous owner was going to cha age out the lock cylinder with no luck and has the back open. That will be a rainy Friday evening chore, I hope.

I saw a Youtube video on it and since it don't work now I can go too far backward.

Thanks All,

Duke-Blue
08-21-2016, 12:01 PM
There are some small drain lines to the underneath of the trailer, not sure if that is the rain water management. It is raining now so will go look. No, no water management:-(

I got the dealer who put in the hitch and wiring module to order one. $110.00. I am hoping and assuming this will have the grounding wire and instructions.

I have a manual with it and saw the instructions for the wheel grease and will get to that before going.

The previous owner was going to cha age out the lock cylinder with no luck and has the back open. That will be a rainy Friday evening chore, I hope.

I saw a Youtube video on it and since it don't work now I can go too far backward.

Thanks All,

I ordered the water management part, greased the bearings and changed out the lock. What part number is the grounded harness for a 2015 RT square to 622 round? Will check on it.

Thanks,

Duke-Blue

trikermutha
08-21-2016, 12:19 PM
It would be a whole lot cheaper to put your own square connector to fit in the newer Spyder than buying from BRP. JMO

Ground harness is separate and plugs on the under side of the trailer. YOu have to scrap or sand off the power coat to ground the trailer too.

Duke-Blue
08-21-2016, 07:25 PM
It would be a whole lot cheaper to put your own square connector to fit in the newer Spyder than buying from BRP. JMO

Ground harness is separate and plugs on the under side of the trailer. YOu have to scrap or sand off the power coat to ground the trailer too.

I was just concerned about the grounding. I saw post on NAPA part but can I use it with a ground? I am somewhat handy but electrical issues... I have the OEM BRP hitch and wiring harness on the 2015.

trikermutha
08-22-2016, 07:18 AM
I was just concerned about the grounding. I saw post on NAPA part but can I use it with a ground? I am somewhat handy but electrical issues... I have the OEM BRP hitch and wiring harness on the 2015.

Yes it will be grounded. You are now running the ground hard wired once the ground kit is installed on the trailer.

Not sure about 40 bucks to update to square to BRP harness. Believe its a bit more than that.

Square connector can be bought thru amazon or Del City

trikermutha
08-22-2016, 08:54 AM
Just did the ground kit on my 2012 trailer. Should be good now. I just didn't like the the wheel bearing spinning on the axle when I had them apart.