PDA

View Full Version : Your opionion please....

Donzo
03-25-2009, 05:51 PM
I need to get a backrest for the Spyder - I decided against getting the Corbin seat - I have found the stock seat to be very comfortable.

I am considering getting the Corbin trunkbox (see link below) It kills 2 birds w/ one stone, you get the backrest and a place to put your mates helmet(and other stuff while travelling alone)
My only concern is that it will look funky/large and mess up the sporty look of the Spyder - it looks good on the Corbin bike but that Spyder has all the bags (not my plan)
How do you think it would look alone -- and better yet if any of you'all have one on your:f_spider: - please share a pic and how you like it.

http://www.corbin.com/can-am/ca1hbox.shtml

Thanks in advance for your feedback :thumbup:

rc51ny
03-25-2009, 05:57 PM
WOW--$989???? A bit rich for my blood--I think it looks good, but not for me

sleepman
03-25-2009, 06:19 PM
Well after having seen the trunk box at Corbin in Ormond Beach and getting to take a look at it I wasn't very impressed. If you're gonna put a full face helmet in it I hope you've got a pretty small head. I can pretty much guarantee you that my Large Shoei wouldn't fit into that trunk. It's not bad looking on the Spyder it's not worth the investment in my opinion.

jeuchler
03-25-2009, 06:23 PM

Yeah, I think to myself, what else I could do with that $grand? ($1000 worth of traveling on the Spyder?!)

I know it'd be nice if Corbin had pics of the trunk on a Spyder without the side bags...I think it'll follow the lines of the vehicle nicely though if you decide to go for it.

Could you visit any dealership that has put Corbin accessories on Spyders? Might want to take it slow on this decision.

(But what do I know? I took a year to decide on a $68 tank bag purchase!) :dontknow:

Donzo
03-25-2009, 06:47 PM

Yeah, I know - it's not cheap, thats for sure. But, for just a backrest and some type of rack/sportrack you are looking at $500+ - with this you get the backrest and the storage....you never ha ve to much storage!