PDA

View Full Version : Took a test ride

jwhatman
03-25-2009, 10:41 AM
I am new to the forum and I am really impressed by the amount of knowledge by everyone here about the spyders. I took a test ride on Sunday and was really impressed with the bike. It is nothing like I have rode before. Even my husband was impressed. I have been looking for something to ride that I don't have to do all sorts of mods to so I can fit and be comfortable. I am a little person, only 5' tall and weigh about 95 lbs soaking wet. I have a sport bike, but I am just not that comfortable on it. I also have a scooter, but I can't take that on the highways to get to work, so I have limited use of that. I have been eyeing the spyder since it came out and I admit it has me intrigued. So they had a test ride on Sunday and I took full advantage of it. I had a smile on my face all during the ride and an even bigger one when I got back. It handles so nice and just is a treat to drive. Now I have to figure out how to get one.
I have to give a big thank you for the Test rider techs as well. They made it easy, fun, and have exceptional knowledge with the bikes.
I hope to soon be telling you all my great experiences on my spyder soon.

Joyce

babyanlee
03-25-2009, 10:43 AM
welcome

NancysToy
03-25-2009, 11:52 AM
Glad to have you join us here. Like you, my wife is small, and was not comfortable with the bikes. She couldn't even ride a scooter comfortably, since she had to get off the seat to put her feet down. She almost bit on a Piaggio MP3, but they didn't have enough guts for the open road. When she saw they Spyder, she knew it was the answer. She has been riding ever since, keeping right up with me on my BMW wherever we go. I hope you find a way. I think the Spyder is a perfect solution.
-Scotty

Lamonster
03-25-2009, 12:17 PM
Glad you found us and glad you enjoyed your test drive. welcome:spyder:

bone crusher
03-25-2009, 12:24 PM
I am new to the forum and I am really impressed by the amount of knowledge by everyone here about the spyders. I took a test ride on Sunday and was really impressed with the bike. It is nothing like I have rode before. Even my husband was impressed. I have been looking for something to ride that I don't have to do all sorts of mods to so I can fit and be comfortable. I am a little person, only 5' tall and weigh about 95 lbs soaking wet. I have a sport bike, but I am just not that comfortable on it. I also have a scooter, but I can't take that on the highways to get to work, so I have limited use of that. I have been eyeing the spyder since it came out and I admit it has me intrigued. So they had a test ride on Sunday and I took full advantage of it. I had a smile on my face all during the ride and an even bigger one when I got back. It handles so nice and just is a treat to drive. Now I have to figure out how to get one.
I have to give a big thank you for the Test rider techs as well. They made it easy, fun, and have exceptional knowledge with the bikes.
I hope to soon be telling you all my great experiences on my spyder soon.

Joyce

Joyce,

Welcome...this board is a great place to bounce things back and forth...as far as which one to get, there are those who don't want me to comment (this means get the SM5)...as far as color goes, they're all gorgeous...I'm partial to the yellow but the red and silver are also really nice looking...they each have their own look. You'll love the bike the longer you have it...every nice day presents as a great riding day...oh wait, you're in Florida...every day is nice!

Enjoy!

Roaddog2
03-25-2009, 12:52 PM
Looks like we have another leaper :2thumbs::2thumbs:welcome

Sara
03-25-2009, 01:14 PM
---------you are the perfect size for the Spyder-----I'm 6', and I've always been cramped by the space between the seat and the handlebars----my friend is your size, and she fits well in all ways-----in your case, your feet will fit well on the pegs-----one improvement for me was getting a Corbin seat because I kept sliding around on the original one when taking curves----you sit "in" the Corbin seat instead of "on" the slick original. I think you'll really like a Spyder----I have the electric thumb shift---my friend has the foot lever clutch, and both are very good------SSSS

NancysToy
03-25-2009, 02:04 PM
---------you are the perfect size for the Spyder-----I'm 6', and I've always been cramped by the space between the seat and the handlebars----my friend is your size, and she fits well in all ways-----in your case, your feet will fit well on the pegs-----one improvement for me was getting a Corbin seat because I kept sliding around on the original one when taking curves----you sit "in" the Corbin seat instead of "on" the slick original. I think you'll really like a Spyder----I have the electric thumb shift---my friend has the foot lever clutch, and both are very good------SSSS
Odd. My wife is 5'2" and even with the 1" riser she has to scoot way up toward the front of the seat. Guess it goes to show you that we all were built with different versions of the blueprint. :)
-Scotty

jwhatman
03-25-2009, 02:08 PM
Thank you for all the warm greetings. I was just amazed at how well it handled and how easy it was to maneuver around. I have ridden 4-wheelers and this handles somewhat similar, but it is a lot more stable than a 4-wheeler. Even Hubby was just as shocked that is handled the way it did. I just have to sell my scooter and my motorcycle to get the spyder. I have to make room in the garage somehow. Hubby just picked up an '08 glodwing to go along with his HD v-rod. We are running out of room, no sense keeping the bike and the scoot if they are not going to get used. I was going to try the manual trans on the test ride, but the clutch was a bit sketchy on this particular one. So I went with the Se. It still was fun though. I really don't have a preference to color since the body panels can be changed. Mods are a definite thing, as well as a windscreen. I agree with a new seat. Actually we have a seat manufacturer here in Daytona, Ultimate Seats, that can make any seat fit any bike. They are very well made and quite comfortable. I just have to get the bike first.
Joyce

NancysToy
03-25-2009, 02:18 PM
...I just have to sell my scooter and my motorcycle to get the spyder. I have to make room in the garage somehow. Hubby just picked up an '08 glodwing to go along with his HD v-rod. We are running out of room, no sense keeping the bike and the scoot if they are not going to get used. ...
With mosy of the 22 bikes, a Spyder, and a hotrod in the same garage, I am familiar with that problem. :D Where there's a will, there's a way! The Spyder does eat up some room, tough. It is well worth the sacrifice!
-Scotty

FANG
03-25-2009, 02:24 PM
welcome glad you are with us.

retread
03-25-2009, 02:55 PM
welcome if you've got questions about Spyders, the answers are probably here. Welcome to the family.

john

MSGTDOC
03-25-2009, 03:09 PM
welcome:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

bjt
03-25-2009, 05:36 PM
Welcome to SpyderLovers jwhatman. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Others/hi-002.gif

Trickie Dick
03-25-2009, 09:16 PM
:congrats:welcome You'll love the spyder and you'll love this forum. Great people here. Lots of info. :2thumbs:

Lamonster
03-26-2009, 09:44 AM
Thank you for all the warm greetings. I was just amazed at how well it handled and how easy it was to maneuver around. I have ridden 4-wheelers and this handles somewhat similar, but it is a lot more stable than a 4-wheeler. Even Hubby was just as shocked that is handled the way it did. I just have to sell my scooter and my motorcycle to get the spyder. I have to make room in the garage somehow. Hubby just picked up an '08 glodwing to go along with his HD v-rod. We are running out of room, no sense keeping the bike and the scoot if they are not going to get used. I was going to try the manual trans on the test ride, but the clutch was a bit sketchy on this particular one. So I went with the Se. It still was fun though. I really don't have a preference to color since the body panels can be changed. Mods are a definite thing, as well as a windscreen. I agree with a new seat. Actually we have a seat manufacturer here in Daytona, Ultimate Seats, that can make any seat fit any bike. They are very well made and quite comfortable. I just have to get the bike first.
Joyce

Des has my Spyder seat now, I gave it to him when I got my Corbin seat in Sturgis. Tell him to get on it and make you a nice seat. :doorag:

ataDude
03-26-2009, 10:29 AM
Yepper... I contacted him mid-last year and he said (then) that he would have the seats available in the Spring of this year. It's spring!
/

Des has my Spyder seat now, I gave it to him when I got my Corbin seat in Sturgis. Tell him to get on it and make you a nice seat. :doorag:

mjw930
03-29-2009, 08:17 PM

Des is in Arizona for their bikeweek but when he gets back I'll push him on the Spyder seat. I just spent $1100 with him last week on a Goldwing seat and I can bring him over the Spyder for trial fits whenever he wants ;)

Another option is Sargent Seats up in Jacksonville, FL. Maybe someone who lives there could stop buy and see what they say?

OTOH, I'd like to see what the new BRP seat feels like in person. It sure looks comfy in the pictures.