PDA

View Full Version : Parking break light randomly stays on

jaa1025
08-13-2016, 11:46 PM
This started happening after I let my Spyder sit in 100 degree heat for 2 hours while I was in a movie theater. Now over the past week, the parking break light has been randomly stuck on. The parking break itself engages and disengages fine. When it's stuck on, I turn it off and wait out the ear piercing beeping to stop until I restart it. This seems to temporarily fix the issue but it comes back after sitting--whether it's a few hours or 10 minutes. This doesn't occur all the time, but once or twice a day.

I've checked the break fluid and it's full. There is show no signs of fluid leaking. My Spyder is 2015 RT with 1500 miles on it and only a few months old. Way too soon to be having issues and I'm afraid that once I take it to the dealer that it will act perfectly fine.

Cruzr Joe
08-14-2016, 12:11 AM
This started happening after I let my Spyder sit in 100 degree heat for 2 hours while I was in a movie theater. Now over the past week, the parking break light has been randomly stuck on. The parking break itself engages and disengages fine. When it's stuck on, I turn it off and wait out the ear piercing beeping to stop until I restart it. This seems to temporarily fix the issue but it comes back after sitting--whether it's a few hours or 10 minutes. This doesn't occur all the time, but once or twice a day.

I've checked the break fluid and it's full. There is show no signs of fluid leaking. My Spyder is 2015 RT with 1500 miles on it and only a few months old. Way too soon to be having issues and I'm afraid that once I take it to the dealer that it will act perfectly fine.

Question: did you replace the brake pedal with an oversize one?? take it to the dealer for a free adjustment

Cruzr Joe

jaa1025
08-14-2016, 12:17 AM
Question: did you replace the brake pedal with an oversize one?? take it to the dealer for a free adjustment

Cruzr Joe

Everything is stock.

Cruzr Joe
08-14-2016, 12:19 AM
Your Dealer should be able to adjust it or see if it is defective under warranty.

Cruzr Joe

billybovine
08-14-2016, 09:32 AM

The parking brake needs to be adjusted, the limit switch is going bad or the switch has been bent. It is located under body work by your right knee when sitting on your Spyder. There is no brake fluid involved in the parking brake system.

Old Prof
08-14-2016, 10:40 AM
My '15 RTL has had the same issue, but not nearly as often. Took it in last week. They removed big side panel...messed with switch at bottom of circular pulley, lubed both ends of brake cable too. No issue since. Hope that cured it for good. :pray: