PDA

View Full Version : XM?

ChrisW
08-11-2016, 04:19 PM
I want to add after market XM to the bike and need to plug in the AUX for sound and get power also, where if any is there these plugins on the bike?
Thanks,
Chris

SteveLaoyster
08-11-2016, 04:24 PM
Look in your owners manual & in your frunk for the aux ports. BRP put it in there with it covered I think.

ChrisW
08-11-2016, 04:54 PM
I found a power plug-in in the Rtrunk left side and some multi pin plug-in on the right so far...

Bob Denman
08-11-2016, 05:15 PM
THAT's where you plug it in... :thumbup:
If you're using a regular MP-3 player: plug in the co-axial side of the patch cord into where you'd plug in the earbuds.
If you've got an I-Pod: It takes a different plug (The one that has the Apple connector on one end ( 20 pin??? 30 pin???), and the other end plugs into the round plug in the top trunk.

ChrisW
08-11-2016, 05:17 PM
What is that plug-in as it will not match anything I have ever seen before?

pitzerwm
08-11-2016, 08:01 PM
2 cables came with the bike, one for Apple's 30 pin and one with a 3.5mm phone jack, that you can plug in your smart phone/mp3 player. If you didn't get them, you will probably need to order them.

That plug on the right is a old standard audio/mic plug. On the phone just plug it into the ear bud plug, there is no power, I think that on the Apple one it also charges. With the power plug on the left, you can get a dual USB plug in or use a regular cig type plug in to power your stuff. That one is fused with the choice of always on, or not.

ChrisW
08-11-2016, 08:26 PM
I need to plug in an auto Sirius XM cradle into the power and AUX in for the sound. I have the power on the left so I am ok for power. I did not or can't find this cable you said I need. What is and where can I get a cable that goes from the bike to a 3.5 type one?

Thanks,
Chris
for my wife....

ChrisW
08-11-2016, 10:11 PM
So what does this cord look like and where can I get one?

trikermutha
08-11-2016, 11:44 PM
Have you checked your Frunk? or trunk.The cables should have come with the new Spyder.

PaladinLV
08-12-2016, 12:04 AM

AJ

I want to add after market XM to the bike and need to plug in the AUX for sound and get power also, where if any is there these plugins on the bike?
Thanks,
Chris

ChrisW
08-12-2016, 01:08 AM
That's it, I want to do that. I have the XM stuff, but I need more, What do I need?

ChrisW
08-12-2016, 10:36 AM

AJ
I want this setup what do I need to do as I have the XM unit ???

pegasus1300
08-12-2016, 11:52 AM
I have a 2012RT Limited,I think it is a little different then yours but here is what I did to hook up Sirius/XM radio. I found a dead station on the Spyder radio and tuned the XM radio's FM transmitter to that station. I ran an extension cord from the the power socket in the rear trunk. I plugged the power cord from the docking cradle into that for power. I ordered an 8 inch antenna off of Amazon so I didn't have to mess with the miles of antenna wire that comes with the standard auto unit and then got a Sena SM10 from MotorcycleDave(a sponsor here) to bluetooth it all up to my helmet. When you are stopped but with the key still on you can go to the settings page on the screen and turn off the external speakers. There may be other ways,but that is what I did. I didn't want the expense of the BRP XM radio. Oh I used Ram mounts to mount the radio to the handlebars.

ChrisW
08-22-2016, 10:29 PM

AJ
Where can I get the carpet kit in this truck?

Claimbo
08-23-2016, 07:08 PM
Where can I get the carpet kit in this truck?
All I can tell you is that I ordered the XM radio on my new 2016 RTS. It took over a week for the dealer and BRP to find the right cable to plug into the radio to make it work. Very frustrated indeed.

harry1025
09-11-2016, 08:32 PM
I need to plug in an auto Sirius XM cradle into the power and AUX in for the sound. I have the power on the left so I am ok for power. I did not or can't find this cable you said I need. What is and where can I get a cable that goes from the bike to a 3.5 type one?

Thanks,
Chris
for my wife....
turn your xm on set the frequency to a channel then use the search function on your stereo it should pick up the sat radio

bigbadbrucie
09-11-2016, 11:25 PM
That's it, I want to do that. I have the XM stuff, but I need more, What do I need?
First off, the plug your asking about is a DIN to 3.5 and is available at any dealer from BRP. You'll need a male to male 3.5 extension. Just attach the antenna to the inside top of the trunk. It does NOT need to be outside. In the closed trunk works great. The picture that Paladinp posted is exactly how I have mine hooked up. The power for the unit is from the cigarette plug on the inside right side in your trunk. Also the shelf that the unit is sitting on is from BRP and I believe it is included for the LTD units.