PDA

View Full Version : All of my keys are lost!!!!!! Help

Questions
08-11-2016, 01:16 AM
Hi all of my keys are lost i have seen at e bay ignition switches including keys on sale, so if i buy one of them could i use it with the dess module that comea from factory instaled on my spyder?

Does any one have a workshopanual on pdf ?

Sam Mac
08-11-2016, 06:21 AM
Pretty sure you will need to take it to the dealer.

Bob Denman
08-11-2016, 07:07 AM
:agree: Go to your dealer...
How on earth could you possibly lose BOTH keys?? :dontknow:

Trbayth
08-11-2016, 07:18 AM
He/she is in Mexico. There might not be a dealer nearby. Also, what model and what year?

Unfortunately without any keys a dealer is probably your only option.

Bob Denman
08-11-2016, 07:29 AM
Roger,
PM sent...

Gray Ghost
08-11-2016, 08:30 AM
Hi all of my keys are lost i have seen at e bay ignition switches including keys on sale, so if i buy one of them could i use it with the dess module that comea from factory instaled on my spyder?

Note that it is a good idea to have the year and model of your spyder in your signature to allow folks to give you better information.

PDF manuals are available on ebay.

If your bike is a 2013 or earlier, you are going to have problems. The DESS will only recognize keys that were already programmed into your system. You can program more keys in, but only if you have a key that is already programmed in. Without that I believe that you have to replace the DESS module rather than the ignition.

If you have a 2014 or later model the key information is entered using the BUDS system, so you could get by with replacing keys. But you would have to have a dealer or someone who has BUDS add the key to the security system.

garb55
08-11-2016, 09:59 AM
If the bike is at home
At least one key has to be there somewhere
The key has to be where ever the bike was used last
Now please don't get offended by my next statement if I am wrong
But if the bike is not yours You are out of luck
Bring it back to the Owner

Chupaca
08-11-2016, 10:10 AM
Keep looking....:agree: it has to be where ever you last stopped. Otherwise there is no way to fix your problem without getting to a dealer or changing more than the ignition. You could get a key cut to unlock things but you will not be able to start and ryde it. :gaah:

Tazzel
08-11-2016, 10:54 AM
your SOL. Put hand in back pocket and pull out wallet.

ThreeWheels
08-11-2016, 11:33 AM
Am I the only one thinking what I'm thinking......................................

Bob Denman
08-11-2016, 11:37 AM
No: you're not... nojoke

gkamer
08-11-2016, 05:17 PM
Am I the only one thinking what I'm thinking......................................

40+ years in law enforcement has made my cynical.

Bob Denman
08-11-2016, 05:25 PM
:D Welcome to the Club... nojoke

garb55
08-11-2016, 05:41 PM
No you are not look at my post #7

gkamer
08-11-2016, 06:56 PM
:agree: Go to your dealer...
How on earth could you possibly lose BOTH keys?? :dontknow:

I have 2 keys for my truck. One is on my work key ring. The other is on my days off key ring. This one has a lot less keys to carry around. One set is with me, the other is at home.

vided
08-11-2016, 07:12 PM

Lets see see what we can do to get you going.
what is the vin number, yr and model.