PDA

View Full Version : 2010 RT SM5 Mirror Tab/Clip Broken- Need Parts #

Lady HardlyRider
08-10-2016, 10:59 PM
New to forums. Been lurking and purchased my Spyder 2010 RT SM5 from a private owner ....about a month ago. This afternoon driving over rough black top roads with potholes my LH mirror appeared to be hanging by a thread errrr... one spot. Research your threads I see the LH TOP TAB IS MISSING and a clip is broken.

Would someone - pretty please....give me the correct Parts # for the LH 2010 RT SM5... and where you would recommend to shop online or do you think a local (1hr drive to nearest shop) would have replacements so I can be back on the road faster? I reduced my photo to a small sized. May need to click on it to view larger pic... sorry

Enjoying my new ride...Nice to meet y'all! ;)

trikermutha
08-10-2016, 11:40 PM
http://parts.spyder.brp.com/Index.aspx?s1=0ouskavog7vh0hbdla90nfcmr0&catalog_id=0&language_id=1&siteid=1

GadgetGuy442
08-10-2016, 11:45 PM
New to forums. Been lurking and purchased my Spyder 2010 RT SM5 from a private owner ....about a month ago. This afternoon driving over rough black top roads with potholes my LH mirror appeared to be hanging by a thread errrr... one spot. Research your threads I see the LH TOP TAB IS MISSING and a clip is broken.

Would someone - pretty please....give me the correct Parts # for the LH 2010 RT SM5... and where you would recommend to shop online or do you think a local (1hr drive to nearest shop) would have replacements so I can be back on the road faster? I reduced my photo to a small sized. May need to click on it to view larger pic... sorry

Enjoying my new ride...Nice to meet y'all! ;)

I had same thing happen to me on my 2010 at about 40,000 miles. The plastic gets sheared by the relatively sharp edge of the mirror stud groove that the plastic wafer hooks into. The part is available through your dealer. Buy a few extra cause it's good to have a spare few of these around.

It's item "60d" in their parts list. I can't pull up the part number (iPhone doesn't play well with their web page and that's all I have available as I'm traveling).

It's a simple and quick replacement on the mirror. It should have been made of something tougher than plastic as that metal stud has a pretty sharp corner that the plastic interfaces with, and the metal will always win!

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-11-2016, 12:02 AM

Enjoying my new ride...Nice to meet y'all! ;).......I won't repeat the part# info..... But I will suggest you call the dealer to see if they have the parts you want ....... often THEY DON'T ..............jmho......Mike :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
08-11-2016, 01:00 AM
You can get all the part numbers at www.cheapcycleparts.com. I find that their site is easier to navigate than the BRP parts lists and you might even save a buck or two.

irvin48
08-11-2016, 06:26 AM
honda east in ohio.ask for paulie in parts.

jcthorne
08-11-2016, 08:56 AM
Most dealers do not stock these parts. Since the mirrors need to come off for most any service or farkle install, I keep a supply of these on hand all the time, never know when a bike comes in if there are hidden problems with the mirror mounts. Many get broken by the dealer and other techs trying to install.

No ones bike should sit around waiting for a simple mirror clip. They break, if you keep the bike long enough you will need one.

Lady HardlyRider
08-11-2016, 08:08 PM
I had same thing happen to me on my 2010 at about 40,000 miles. The plastic gets sheared by the relatively sharp edge of the mirror stud groove that the plastic wafer hooks into. The part is available through your dealer. Buy a few extra cause it's good to have a spare few of these around.

It's item "60d" in their parts list. I can't pull up the part number (iPhone doesn't play well with their web page and that's all I have available as I'm traveling).

It's a simple and quick replacement on the mirror. It should have been made of something tougher than plastic as that metal stud has a pretty sharp corner that the plastic interfaces with, and the metal will always win!

Bill

Sure appreciate everyones help. I pulled up the diagram and want to make sure this is the correct items I need ordered. (Both shops near me -1hr away north and south do not have the part on hand so I will order spares-ty for all tips)
135701 135702
So is #1 is 60d and #2 is 60b under the Can Am diagram for the RT 2010 mirror? :bowdown:

GadgetGuy442
08-11-2016, 09:16 PM
Lady,

Yes, item 1 is what failed. That hole is larger because the plastic got sheared off over time and miles of vibration by the metal post it hooks over. Take a look at the pic below and you can see what a new part looks like. This is my spare.

It wouldn't hurt to have a spare spring clip (#2 in your picture), but do get a spare number 1 to have on hand.

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkhttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160812/5a37f973374eaeda3932ed3a4678d613.jpg

Lady HardlyRider
08-11-2016, 09:25 PM
Lady,

Yes, item 1 is what failed. That hole is larger because the plastic got sheared off over time and miles of vibration by the metal post it hooks over. Take a look at the pic below and you can see what a new part looks like. This is my spare.

It wouldn't hurt to have a spare spring clip (#2 in your picture), but do get a spare number 1 to have on hand.

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkhttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160812/5a37f973374eaeda3932ed3a4678d613.jpg

Is #60d or #60b used for LH only or can I use 'em for either side if buying spares? TY sooo much for the assistance!! :yes:

GadgetGuy442
08-11-2016, 09:37 PM
Yes, it will work for either side. It flips over to use for the other side. The same applies for 60b with the metal springs... They'll work for either LH or RH mirrors.

Bill

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-11-2016, 11:05 PM
Yes, it will work for either side. It flips over to use for the other side. The same applies for 60b with the metal springs... They'll work for either LH or RH mirrors.

Bill

..I'm pretty sure someone here posted that some years of RT's they weren't the same ( LH & RH ) so I would check to be sure .......................Mike :thumbup:

Lady HardlyRider
08-11-2016, 11:48 PM
..I'm pretty sure someone here posted that some years of RT's they weren't the same ( LH & RH ) so I would check to be sure .......................Mike :thumbup:

Hi Mike, Will do on that check!

BTW: You helped me a couple of years ago on this website when I was doing research on can am's for a gf of mine. Nice to see you r here still. So much trouble with my MP3 500 - I decided to get me a can am. Love it now!:clap:

taxmyzer
08-12-2016, 06:47 AM
Want to wrap some electrical tape around the end of the posts. The design of the equivalent piece on my 2013 RT-S is totally different and more prone to breakage. I changed the posts and now use the same style piece and found using electrical tape on the end of the post helps to take away the small amount of play and locks the mirror in firmly. I had both mirrors pop off on the highway after hitting pot holes 2yrs ago. I had to replace them both this why I went to same design as the 2010-2012 & 2014-2016. Anyone else with a 2013 should do the same in my opinion.

jtoro1
08-12-2016, 07:11 AM
The top part # is 219800158 I carry 2 they break easy