PDA

View Full Version : Ham Radio on the Spyder

DUFF
08-09-2016, 12:39 PM
Just wondering if anyone has installed a 2meter/70cm radio on the spyder using the CB antenna hole/mount on the bike. If so suggestions as to placement of the rig, routing etc.

Thanks gents and ladies "73"

IdahoMtnSpyder
08-09-2016, 06:18 PM
A Google search on this "ham radio site:spyderlovers.com" will bring up previous discussions about ham radio. One or two have done it but I don't think they're active here any more.

Motorcycledave
08-09-2016, 06:26 PM
There are several here on this forum that are HAM operators that have installed
2-6 & 10 meters on their Spyders, using the SENA SR10 and cable to make it
bluetooth
Give me a call.
Dave 73's to you

Just wondering if anyone has installed a 2meter/70cm radio on the spyder using the CB antenna hole/mount on the bike. If so suggestions as to placement of the rig, routing etc.

Thanks gents and ladies "73"

WA5VHU
08-10-2016, 02:26 AM
Sure have:

Temporary setup, taklie on handlebars, dual band amplifier in box strapped to back seat, temporary antenna on fiberglass mast clamped to trailer hitch.

I now have a Yaesu FTM-350 dual band mobile on my Spyder, need to take some pictures. Another FTM-350 that I need to mount on the wife's Spyder.

You can see some of my mobile antenna here, mounted to a piece of aluminum flat:

For the wife's RT I have a Diamond or Comet stick-on NMO mount covering most of the hole for the left-side antenna, with the small coax going down that hole.

And yep, use Sena SR-10 to connect to the radios.