PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about wrapping my spyder...

2spyders
03-23-2009, 07:35 PM
Any thoughts - good or bad? I've heard some comments that it can't be done on plastic parts, but someone must be able to do it, because there are pictures.

Or should I just have it painted?

Thanks for your help!

jeuchler
03-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Any thoughts - good or bad? I've heard some comments that it can't be done on plastic parts, but someone must be able to do it, because there are pictures.

Thanks for your help!

http://www.blog.powersportswraps.com/?tag=can-am-spyder-graphics (http://www.blog.powersportswraps.com/?tag=can-am-spyder-graphics)

SSG Bean
03-23-2009, 08:21 PM
I'm very pleased with my custom paint. They didn't have any problems getting a show car finish on the plastic panels.

2spyders
03-23-2009, 08:44 PM
I'm very pleased with my custom paint. They didn't have any problems getting a show car finish on the plastic panels.

That is gorgeous paint!

I need to do something to mine, just not sure what yet. :dontknow:

Babymoose
03-23-2009, 09:09 PM

Thanks for your help!

Here is a link to pics of mine Spyda (http://photoshare.shaw.ca/messages/viewthumb/8501350466-1231992312-22518/parm/page/1/15/). If that doesn't work try here (http://babymoose.shawwebspace.ca/). Or check the link in my sigline. Mine is the baseball spyder in the link to power sport wraps. How they got pics of it, I am not sure. Any way the guy offered me a deal to wrap my Spyda and we worked out that theme. The vinyl he used last August was (including adhesive and vinyl) about 5mil thick and it was hard to fit properly in the grooves in the fender and and some of the other sharp bends. He tried it on the black plastic parts (which seem to be a different plastic than the painted parts) and didn't feel he would get good adhesion. So we didn't try wrapping those parts. He is now trying (due to the various areas of bubbling) a new to him vinyl that is half as thick and uses a different adhesive on the areas that he had previously wrapped. He has had Spyda since the end of December. He is supposed to have it done this week and feels the new vinyl will work much better. I think the vinyl on the front will help a lot to reduce the rock chipping etc that happens to the front of the Spyder. Hope this helps.

2spyders
03-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Babymoose -
Thanks for the information. I was thinking of going to a couple of our local wrap places, but I know none of them have done a spyder yet, so good to know about the issues with the thicker vinyl.

I like the theme of your wrap!

AMTJIM
03-23-2009, 09:47 PM
I have found a few others cutting graphics for spyders from google searching. There's also tape works, they kinda specialize in motorcycles.

Babymoose
03-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Babymoose -
Thanks for the information. I was thinking of going to a couple of our local wrap places, but I know none of them have done a spyder yet, so good to know about the issues with the thicker vinyl.

I like the theme of your wrap!
Thanks. The thing that I wanted most was the names of my 5 daughters on the console piece in front of the seat. The wrapper came up with the ball theme.

HotWheels
03-24-2009, 10:21 AM
Hey as many of you have already learn about me I am always willing to connect as many people together to get the best experience out of the spyder that I can so on reading this post I contacted Power Sports Wraps and talked to a really cool guy name Pete who at the end of the conversation I found out was the owner. My reason for calling was to see what his company had to offer. And to see if his product had a precut setup for the spyder. He told me that for the moment the he did not that the discussions with some ones that own a spyder did not fall into plans and he was in need of the proper dimensions needed for a pre cut set. I immediately informed him about SpyderLovers.com and that he would be able to get all the possible help from a bunch of great people here that is willing to help. I also asked him if it would be ok to post any information here on the form just in case anyone would be willing to lend a hand and contact him with information that he can use to get the project up and going. What he stated is that he just needs all the measurements and dimensions that we would like to wrap and have done up. From a good 45 minutes of talking to him he made himself to be a good stand up guy and stands behind the quality of his product he also advised me that it would be a more inexpensive way to go if you cant afford the air brush option. He also stated that if any one has good adobe skills and is willing to provide any imagery skills that they have to offer. I hope that we take part and contact Pete and see what we cant get and come up out of it.

Boss: Pete
Company: Power Sports Wraps
Address: www.powersportswraps.com (http://www.powersportswraps.com/)
Phone: 814-838-6377
Email: Pete@powersportswraps.com (Pete@powersportswraps.com)

Also to add if anyone with a Spyder is near the Lake Erie PA and is willing to bring there spyder by for measurements it would be greatly appreciated. Thank You All!!!

aka1004
03-24-2009, 07:55 PM

is that video with silencer on leo vince or without?
i was getting ready to sell hindle and get leo vince but the angle thats mounted may interfere with installation of corbin bags.

bjt
03-25-2009, 04:37 PM
Corbin bags relocate the exhaust mount down a few inches. Most exhausts should have no problem with that. The only exhaust that I recall being a definate "no" with the Corbin bags was the Two Brothers Duals.

Babymoose
03-25-2009, 10:26 PM
Hey as many of you have already learn about me I am always willing to connect as many people together to get the best experience out of the spyder that I can so on reading this post I contacted Power Sports Wraps and talked to a really cool guy name Pete who at the end of the conversation I found out was the owner. My reason for calling was to see what his company had to offer. And to see if his product had a precut setup for the spyder. He told me that for the moment the he did not that the discussions with some ones that own a spyder did not fall into plans and he was in need of the proper dimensions needed for a pre cut set. I immediately informed him about SpyderLovers.com and that he would be able to get all the possible help from a bunch of great people here that is willing to help. I also asked him if it would be ok to post any information here on the form just in case anyone would be willing to lend a hand and contact him with information that he can use to get the project up and going. What he stated is that he just needs all the measurements and dimensions that we would like to wrap and have done up. From a good 45 minutes of talking to him he made himself to be a good stand up guy and stands behind the quality of his product he also advised me that it would be a more inexpensive way to go if you cant afford the air brush option. He also stated that if any one has good adobe skills and is willing to provide any imagery skills that they have to offer. I hope that we take part and contact Pete and see what we cant get and come up out of it.

Boss: Pete
Company: Power Sports Wraps
Address: www.powersportswraps.com (http://www.powersportswraps.com/)
Phone: 814-838-6377
Email: Pete@powersportswraps.com (Pete@powersportswraps.com)

Also to add if anyone with a Spyder is near the Lake Erie PA and is willing to bring there spyder by for measurements it would be greatly appreciated. Thank You All!!!

Don't get too excited. wrapping the Spyder is no easy task. The groove in the front fenders and the big cowlings around the engine are very hard to get the vinyl to adhere to. The guy that wrapped mine is doing some of those over again and trying to find the best product to work with to keep the vinyl from bubbling and releasing in those narrow and stretchy contours. So if you order the vinyl cut outs and try to do it yourself you could end up wasting a lot of vinyl and it isn't cheap. Get that dealer to wrap one and show you the results. my $.02

vwatso
03-25-2009, 11:39 PM
http://www.powersportswraps.com/

pete is a cool cat to work with?

vwatso

aka1004
03-25-2009, 11:56 PM
Corbin bags relocate the exhaust mount down a few inches. Most exhausts should have no problem with that. The only exhaust that I recall being a definate "no" with the Corbin bags was the Two Brothers Duals.
its just that compared to hindle, leo vince seems to be mounted in very stiff angle and looks like its how pipe was bent.:dontknow:

bjt
03-26-2009, 06:39 PM
its just that compared to hindle, leo vince seems to be mounted in very stiff angle and looks like its how pipe was bent.:dontknow:

:dontknow: I can't say for sure but about the Leo Vince exhaust but I know a few Microns, Hindles, stock exhausts, and some other brands have been installed on Spyders with Corbin bags.

SSG Bean
03-26-2009, 06:45 PM
is that video with silencer on leo vince or without?
i was getting ready to sell hindle and get leo vince but the angle thats mounted may interfere with installation of corbin bags.

I use the silencer. I think it is just right! I know... we're hijacking, so back to the original topic. I still vote for custom paint.:doorag: