PDA

View Full Version : Seal Floorboard Glue

Spyder_Cowgirl
08-07-2016, 03:45 PM
I sent a PM to John at Seal Floorboards that the glue holding the rubber "diamond plate" to my seal floorboards has failed. Note that I do NOT think this is a failure of the board, just that the glue could not stand up to the Texas heat (it's only been four years). I got caught in 100 degree heat the other day and had to sit waiting for a pilot car where they were laying fresh pavement in Oklahoma. Probably waited 20 minutes or so and kept standing on the boards to get some air circulation (engine was off). Kept feeling like my feet were moving ... well, they were because the rubber was loose in several spots on both boards (right foot worse, more heat on that side).

Anyway, posting here while I wait for response from John ... hoping that someone has faced this problem before. If so, what glue did you use to bond the rubber back to the steel surface? Both are now clean and dry, just waiting for the proper glue.

Oh, was thinking about using "Loctitte Spray On High Performance 200" ... but worried that it doesn't mention rubber in it's list of "bondable" materials.

Hopefully, one of you will have an idea that will match up with what John is using for adhesive.

Thanks for any suggestions .... Ann

ARtraveler
08-07-2016, 05:26 PM
I used Gorilla glue to re-stick the rubber pads on both sets of mine. I did not consider it as a defect either. :thumbup:

Spyder_Cowgirl
08-07-2016, 05:35 PM
I used Gorilla glue to re-stick the rubber pads on both sets of mine. I did not consider it as a defect either. :thumbup:

Did you use the standard Gorilla Glue that foams up and expands? I know they make several different kinds, was just curious if you used a specialty glue or the standard.

Thanks for the response .... Ann

ARtraveler
08-07-2016, 07:29 PM
Standard version--nothing special. It continues to hold on our remaining set of seals.

Cruzr Joe
08-07-2016, 09:04 PM
I used a High Temperature Black Adhesive that came in a tube just like caulk from a hardware store (as recommended by Seal Floorboards), sorry but i don't remember the name of it.