PDA

View Full Version : Need Ideas for my pull behind trailer

jcoe
08-06-2016, 07:46 PM
Got a trailer on-line and then bought a Sears Cartop carrier and mounted on it. (Simular to the pix below.)

Looking for ideas to paint, air-brush, wrap, cover with a flag... wanting something nobody else has.

135385 Any ideas? Wanting something patriotic.. :doorag:

WA5VHU
08-06-2016, 08:19 PM
I painted my Harbor Freight Tag-Along red to match the Spyder we had at the time. Then I bought a newer Spyder that wasn't red. Oh well, I'm not repainting it.

I used quality spray paint from the hardware store that was made for plastic but I see some "spiderwebs" appearing in the paint in a few places, likely due to the flexibility of the plastic box.

Perhaps a wrap would work? The Tag-Along is textured so a wrap might have trouble sticking to it.

tobor9
08-07-2016, 12:44 AM
Got a trailer on-line and then bought a Sears Cartop carrier and mounted on it. (Simular to the pix below.)

Looking for ideas to paint, air-brush, wrap, cover with a flag... wanting something nobody else has.

135385 Any ideas? Wanting something patriotic.. :doorag:
Pete with "wrap my Spyder" a vendor on SL has wraps for anything. PS we also live in Charleston(West Ashley) maybe we can get together sometime

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-07-2016, 03:12 PM
The plastic that they are made from is NOT paint friendly........... you might want to bring it by a pro - paint shop and MAYBE they will tell you what you could PREP it with........................THEN please tell us.......:yes::yes::yes:....................Mike :thumbup:

jcoe
08-07-2016, 04:42 PM
The plastic that they are made from is NOT paint friendly........... you might want to bring it by a pro - paint shop and MAYBE they will tell you what you could PREP it with........................THEN please tell us.......:yes::yes::yes:....................Mike :thumbup:

I agree, :thumbup: I had a old white clam shell and tried to paint it, with black truck bed spray paint, pealed off. A company said wraps won't work either, due to the roughness.

frogfly
08-09-2016, 12:18 AM
Maybe consider Plasti dip, availble in gallons or standard spray cans. When you want to "change" colors, just peel off the old and apply the new. Http://www.dipyourcar.com is one place online that you can purchase and it comes in many colors. https://plastidip.com is the manufacturer site. Search on you tube to see some neat applications

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Bfromla
08-09-2016, 05:02 AM
:shocked: Want to be uniquely yours? Can try the newer duct tape prints & add a lil crazy if you like:roflblack::roflblack::lecturef_smilie: (just dont park by me plz:thumbup:)135512. :yikes::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack : PLZ:pray: (find something better)

Peter Aawen
08-09-2016, 05:31 AM
You could cover it all in Camo-wrap.... :clap:

But then you'd never be able to find it once you'd walked away!! :shocked:

;) :thumbup:

5legsshort
08-09-2016, 08:17 AM
How about Hydro-Dip ? Their are a lot of designs to be had. Appears the can do about anything from what I've seen online. Just have to have a large enough tank.

jcoe
11-27-2016, 07:57 PM
You could cover it all in Camo-wrap.... :clap:

But then you'd never be able to find it once you'd walked away!! :shocked:

;) :thumbup:

Should of, wrapped in camo-wrap because somebody stole it the other day... Maybe they would not of seen it.

:mad:

PrairieSpyder
11-27-2016, 09:48 PM
Should of, wrapped in camo-wrap because somebody stole it the other day... Maybe they would not of seen it.

:mad:

That stinks! :gaah: I hope it didn't contain much of value!

sandeejs
11-27-2016, 11:38 PM
It would be really cool if you could paint it to look like the two halves of a walnut.
~Sandee~

pegasus1300
11-27-2016, 11:52 PM

:mad: Oh No:yikes: Sorry to hear about that.

Peter Aawen
11-27-2016, 11:57 PM
Damn! That's not good. :shocked: Any likelihood of getting it back??