PDA

View Full Version : DESS Thanks

SPYD1
08-05-2016, 08:08 AM
I know the last thing we need on here is another thread talking about this but I didn't want this lost as a post in all the other threads. I am thankful that all these posts occurred and when I started reading them I was happy to know that I didn't have this issue with my 14 RTS especially after having to get rid of my 13 RTS with the heat problem. But...a few months ago guess what? I started getting the DESS causing me issues. At first there was some panic but then I remembered the tips I read from some of you and got my bike up and running. It was inconvenient but I would be able to start it using some of the methods/tricks I learned here. I continued to ride and never felt that I would get stranded by this issue. Again, mostly from the info I read here. If you haven't had it happen do what I did and make a few notes on the issues (smart phone helps) to reference if you have an issue. I love riding the Spyder and this is my third one. I will probably continue to buy them as they fit my wife and I's lifestyle. I feel more comfortable in adding farkles and asking questions due to this forum and dealing with fine people like BajaRon, Ann, and Finless Bob just to name a few.

My bike is actually in the shop this morning getting a new DESS mod installed and will pick it up at 3pm.

In short, thanks for all the info!!!

Chupaca
08-05-2016, 09:29 AM
Glad you managed to keep going as long as you did without a major shut down and the infor here helped make that happen. It is what this site does along with other strange things...:roflblack:. great you did get her in for the new part so you can ryde with confidence once again....:thumbup:

ARtraveler
08-05-2016, 03:21 PM
Thank you for posting. :yes::yes: