PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Rally in DC

daddydarko
03-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Memorial weekend (May 22-25)

My boy and I are going and are hoping to see some of the sights. Anyone else attending?

Bersquack
03-23-2009, 03:57 PM
It is busy big time for me at the office that time of year, but if a miracle happens I'd like to go.

I was actually wondering how was your spyder project going. It's been a while since we heard from you.

Take Care.

bone crusher
03-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Is there anything Spyder related? This is my neck of the woods but I can't do any planning right now...very busy with work...

Who else can get to this? Any east coast Spyders out there??

jodeg1945
03-23-2009, 06:41 PM
My husband and I were lucky enought to go to Rolling Thunder TWICE, once in 2001 (before 911) and once in 2003. IT IS FABULOUS!!! An experience not to be missed! We have NEVER seen so many motorcycles in one place, and we've been to the Honda Hoot, the Goldwing WingDing and countless HOG rallies!

I highly recommend going if you can -- a once-in-a-lifetime (or twice!) experience!
:2thumbs:

bone crusher
03-23-2009, 10:36 PM
I would like to go...how about meeting up with some Spyders...I can't believe everyone here is from the west coast...aren't there any people out there local to D.C.?

I'm in...who else is interested in one of the best rides in the country? I've been to the ride before, just not on a bike...was on a date several years ago...it's amazing how D.C. is filled with bikes!!!

MSGTDOC
03-24-2009, 01:07 PM
I BROUGHT THIS UP SOMETIME LAST FALL. I PLAN ON GOING DOWN FROM THE PITTSBURGH AREA. NOT SURE WHAT DAY THO. I'LL BE IN TROY OHIO IN SCHOOL FOR 2 WEEKS THEN TEST OUT FOR CWI. NOT SURE WHAT DAY I CAN LEAVE. IF GET OUT OF SCHOOL FRIDAY THEN WILL RUN UP THE ROAD TO UPPER SANDUSKY AND HOOK UP WITH A FRIEND THEN ON TO PA. THAT DAY. UP AT 0 DARK 30 ON SATURDAY AND ONTO DC AREA. I WILL BE THERE FOR SURE. WHAT DAY IS STILL OPEN UNTILL I GET MORE INFO. I ALWAYS GO ON THE MALL TO THE RIGHT OF THE LINCOLN MONUMENT. THAT IS AS YOU ARE FACING IT THAT IS. LET ME KNOW
WOULD LIKE TO MEET SOME MORE FELLOW MEMBERS

sidelmad
03-24-2009, 01:36 PM
My wife and i are planning to attend this ride on my bike. She just got a spyder saturday, she said she is rideing her spyder :spyder2: we are coming from Texas. hope to meet yall there.

bjt
03-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Welcome to SpyderLovers sidelmad. Congrats on your wife's Spyder purchase and have fun on the trip. :thumbup:

bandwagon
03-24-2009, 07:05 PM
Hope to see lots of Spyders, Rolling Thunder is the reason I purchased a bike. Wife and I were visiting the city and the boys and girls started rolling through the streets. It was a wonderful site to see so many supporters for our service men and women. Wife said we should do that, her words were like magic to my ears. I had been talking about bikes for years and she was against it, mom had told her about my wild riding during my youth. We will be there, red SE-5 w/plates "CASPY" as in "see a spyder". Baby sister down in Memphis will be sporting the same. Still looking for Spyder riders in the DC area. Ken :2excited: :yes:

Memorial weekend (May 22-25)

My boy and I are going and are hoping to see some of the sights. Anyone else attending?

daddydarko
03-24-2009, 07:54 PM
Hope to see lots of Spyders, Rolling Thunder is the reason I purchased a bike. Wife and I were visiting the city and the boys and girls started rolling through the streets. It was a wonderful site to see so many supporters for our service men and women. Wife said we should do that, her words were like magic to my ears. I had been talking about bikes for years and she was against it, mom had told her about my wild riding during my youth. We will be there, red SE-5 w/plates "CASPY" as in "see a spyder". Baby sister down in Memphis will be sporting the same. Still looking for Spyder riders in the DC area. Ken :2excited: :yes:

You know the area th best it seems. Would you be willing to pick a spot for a meet and greet? I will be there Friday and will leave on Tuesday. Maybe you can find a time that works best for everyone attending?

bone crusher
03-24-2009, 08:23 PM
I am making plans to be there...will either be with a riding group or with a few friends...either way, it'd be great to meet up with some spyder riders although with tens of thousands of bikes, it might be a little hard...

We might want to try though...