PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Re: Comm

spyderherb
08-01-2016, 06:44 PM
Hi All, I need some help finding a simple 2-way comm system. I ryde a 2015 RT Ltd. Please be easy on me, don't need for phone or music or GPS. I use ipod for long rydes and radio for short trips. We use modular full face helmets. When i say 2 way, i mean myself and girlfriend. Thank you.:spyder2:

Netminder
08-01-2016, 06:56 PM
Plug this into Google " Bluetooth motorcycle communication" and you should get lots. I have the sena 10, and like them, but there is many cheaper, that would do the trick. Good luck with your search.

Pirate looks at --
08-01-2016, 07:00 PM
Pretty reasonably priced. Real good communication between Ryder and passenger. You can find them on Revzilla

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/cardo-scala-rider-q1-teamset

you can do all of the stuff you may not need to do but it works real well for one on one communication.

spyderherb
08-01-2016, 07:01 PM
Thanks, Netminder:yes::yes::yes:and Pirate looks at...

Bike-O-Din
08-01-2016, 07:02 PM
I bought these.

UCLEAR Digital HBC100 Plus Bluetooth Helmet Audio System - Dual Kit

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CZ4VFIA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I liked them because they fit completely inside the helmet without the microphone boom which is a real pain opening and closing the flip up helmet we use. Fidelity is really pretty good, and the comm portion works perfectly. Since they are bluetooth, I can link them to my Garmin 660 / phone as needed. They have the capability of connecting to other brands as well, so you can use them when riding in a group without needing the have the exact model of the other riders. (I have not used this feature, but I assume it works as well as the other modes.)

Music is interrupted by the voice over, and then returns to music when it senses "silence."

Be sure there is room to put these inside the ear area. They are thicker than some, and they need the opening for a speaker inside the helmet. Install was simple, but had to move them about a bit to be sure they were placed equally otherwise one side seemed much weaker than the other. After a few adjustments, they are just right!!

Hope this helps in your decision making.

ARtraveler
08-01-2016, 07:06 PM
I have used Cardo, Sena, & Chatterbox.

Only for bike to bike communications. No radio or phone. Going on year three with our Sena 10's. Longest distance and quietest of the above communicators.

A vendor on SL sells the units.

Peter Aawen
08-01-2016, 09:29 PM
Add another recommendation for the UCLEAR :thumbup:

They really do Work well, no fiddling with a mic or boom etc, they fit inside my helmet & even over the hearing aids that I'm meant to wear all the time. Altho I can't honestly say I do wear the hearing aids all the time like I'm meant to, but the UCLEAR speaker/mic units readily fit over them & work well with them & everything else: GPS, phone, various music devices, the Bluetooth connection in my daughters car, & a bunch more too. Easy to fit & set up, only takes an hour or so to fully charge a single unit from dead flat, so easy enough to recharge both after a coupla days ryding & constant use. For me/us, a full charge easily runs for a few days of two-up ryding & conversation with the missus as well as fielding phone calls etc. The speakers are Far clearer & IMO better than most of the other well known brands I've used - I haven't found anything that's their equal yet, & I've used most of the previously mentioned & commonly used units! You could spend a fair bit more money & still not get anything that works as well! ;)

POD KonB GA
08-01-2016, 09:30 PM
Plus 1 for the Sena's.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Eagle1
08-02-2016, 06:52 AM
We use Sena also, get :ohyea: phone calls, music, goes and communication between driver and passenger.

Bob Denman
08-02-2016, 07:32 AM
I use Cardo's Scalarider Teamset Pro, and have been very happy with it! :thumbup:
NOTE: This is a rider to passenger intercom system only. For bike to bike: you need a bit more transmitting power.

Highwayman2013
08-02-2016, 08:02 AM
Talk to Dave:http://www.motorcycledave.com/

BitSlayer
08-04-2016, 09:45 AM
I have had some quality issues with the Sena 20S model. I have heard very good reviews for the 10S though.

spyderherb
08-14-2016, 07:47 PM
Thanks all--decided on UCLEAR DIGITAL 100+dual system. Ordered today from amazon, should arrive by weds.:yes::yes::yes: