PDA

View Full Version : Mounting GPS

CanAmMick
08-01-2016, 11:23 AM
I finally got my GPS installed on my new Spyder last night. I could not believe how much yellow locktight they used on the screws that hold the windshield. It was a pain in the butt to remove the screws.

CanAmMick
08-01-2016, 11:24 AM
More pictures!

Bob Denman
08-02-2016, 07:37 AM
:clap: :2thumbs:
How easy is it to see, when the Sun is behind you?
The OEM handlebar mounting location has genuine visibility issues; under that circumstance. :shocked:

CanAmMick
08-02-2016, 10:30 AM
:clap: :2thumbs:
How easy is it to see, when the Sun is behind you?
The OEM handlebar mounting location has genuine visibility issues; under that circumstance. :shocked:

Its not bad at all! The reflection from my yellow riding jacket (when I wear it) reflects a lot more on the screen that the sun.

I wanted it up high so I don't have to take my eyes off the road..... Have to really watch what I'm doing now days since I'm getting older!

edbremer
08-02-2016, 07:40 PM
Good job! I've done that with my last two RTs.

BitSlayer
08-04-2016, 09:22 AM
:thumbup: on the movement of the GPS to the dash. I did the for my 2011 and plan to move it for my 2015. It makes a huge difference being able to dip your eyes instead of lowering your head to see the navigation screen.

CanAmMick
08-04-2016, 09:47 AM
:thumbup: on the movement of the GPS to the dash. I did the for my 2011 and plan to move it for my 2015. It makes a huge difference being able to dip your eyes instead of lowering your head to see the navigation screen.

I totall agree! Much easier to see the GPS up there compared to having it on the handlebars, plus the reflection from the sun on the screen isn't as bad.