PDA

View Full Version : GPS audio connection

View from behind
07-31-2016, 04:10 PM
We are having intermittent audio issues with our Garmin 590 on our 2015 RT limited. We suspect a loose or bad connection. Does anyone know where on the Spyder the audio connection resides?

IdahoMtnSpyder
07-31-2016, 05:31 PM
We are having intermittent audio issues with our Garmin 590 on our 2015 RT limited. We suspect a loose or bad connection. Does anyone know where on the Spyder the audio connection resides?
Under the seat, under the tupperware, on the right side near the back of the gas tank are two connectors as part of the bike harness. One is audio, and one power. The cable from the Garmin mount plugs into those.

View from behind
07-31-2016, 06:14 PM
Thanks!

finless
08-01-2016, 08:06 AM
There is also another Delphi connector to the radio that is in front of the radio on the right side forward of the saddlebag.

Bob

View from behind
08-01-2016, 03:46 PM
There is also another Delphi connector to the radio that is in front of the radio on the right side forward of the saddlebag.

Bob

Bob,

We have the Sena dongle installed with your cable. The dongle was connected for a couple of months before we started to have this intermittent audio loss from the Garmin 590. Other audio (from the radio) goes through the dongle just fine. When there is audio loss from the Garmin through the dongle the audio from the Garmin also does not come out of the speakers on the bike. Being intermittent it is a bit difficult to trouble shoot. I believe we have it narrowed down to either the Garmin itself or the connection to the Spyder audio system. Any suggestions on the best way to trouble shoot this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

billybovine
08-01-2016, 04:01 PM
Bob,

We have the Sena dongle installed with your cable. The dongle was connected for a couple of months before we started to have this intermittent audio loss from the Garmin 590. Other audio (from the radio) goes through the dongle just fine. When there is audio loss from the Garmin through the dongle the audio from the Garmin also does not come out of the speakers on the bike. Being intermittent it is a bit difficult to trouble shoot. I believe we have it narrowed down to either the Garmin itself or the connection to the Spyder audio system. Any suggestions on the best way to trouble shoot this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

With my 660 which should be the same with the 590. I have lost my audio connection twice. It was a simple matter of cleaning the contact dots on the back of the Garmin with a soft cloth. They are gold so don't rub too hard for too long.

PS mine looked clean before cleaning. But it fixed the problem.

Bob Denman
08-01-2016, 05:33 PM
Billy,
Do you think that the compressed air, that is used to clean computer keyboards, would work to clean the connections? Or does it require something a little bit more aggressive? :dontknow:
(Mine is starting to get a little bit "wonky", and I want to use the least-possible intrusive cleaning technique. nojoke

billybovine
08-02-2016, 11:11 AM
Soft cloth is fine. Compressed air on the mount spring pins may not hurt either.

Bob Denman
08-02-2016, 11:20 AM
Soft cloth is fine. Compressed air on the mount spring pins may not hurt either.