PDA

View Full Version : Starting 2012 RT sm5 after water submersion

BigBarry
07-31-2016, 02:57 PM
:opps: any suggestions are welcome.

Chupaca
07-31-2016, 03:08 PM
Where to start....was it running when submerged..?? first off you need to dry everything real well. I would remove the muffler and drain it I would also remove the plugs and turn the engine over by hand...check the battery may be shorted out..check all fuses. Drain the oil and change it and the filters. After you get the battery in turn her on and see what works. If you get all systems up put the plugs in hook her up and give it a try...good luck:dontknow:

Ex-Rocket
07-31-2016, 03:36 PM
Depends alot on how high the water got on your bike. Just how high did it get?

BigBarry
07-31-2016, 03:56 PM
just jumped it with my truck. went around the block. all seems well. 3 restarts and things went smooth. thanks for replys.

SpyderAnn01
07-31-2016, 05:14 PM
just jumped it with my truck. went around the block. all seems well. 3 restarts and things went smooth. thanks for replys.

Glad you got it started. Next time you want to go in the water take a SeaDoo instead. :roflblack:

Bob Denman
07-31-2016, 05:30 PM
:shocked: I'd plan on pulling all of the wheels off, and replacing the bearings.
Next: the front A-arms would get new bushings
The swingarm, and lower shock mount would be next.

If the water got up to where it contacted the pivot points for the shifter and brakes... you know the routine!
Anything that is supposed to move freely, and got doused will definitely need attention.
Any electrical connections that took on water will need to be cleaned.

Good luck, and please let us know how the cleanup progresses! :thumbup: