PDA

View Full Version : HAS ANYBODY?

oldguyinTX
07-30-2016, 01:49 PM
Wondering if anyone has been able to get the rear air shock on an RT Limited replaced/repaired using the BEST warranty? I checked mine today, and it read 0 psi. I put 55 psi in the bag using the Schrader valve under the seat, and set a timer for 5 minutes. Checked again and it was down to 35.5 psi, so obviously it is leaking. Hope I don't have to pay the big $$ for a fix.

Cruzr Joe
07-30-2016, 01:52 PM
I had one replaced on my 2015 under regular warranty, so my thought is that the extended warranty might cover it also.

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
07-30-2016, 02:02 PM
:agree:... Unless they have specifically excluded coverage for it... :shocked:

oldguyinTX
07-30-2016, 02:07 PM
The BEST paperwork does say that shocks are not covered, as they are a "normal wear & tear" item, but I am thinking (and hoping) along the line that Joe is - if it's covered under the initial warranty, it should be covered under the BEST warranty as well.

ARtraveler
07-30-2016, 02:19 PM
Let us know what "they" decide. IMO: A leaking air system is a defect and not a wear and tear item.

Bob Denman
07-30-2016, 02:29 PM
The airbag might be covered: it's not really part of the shock; is it? :dontknow:
This is sounding like a "You better call BRP" type of conversation. :shocked:

mrfats
07-30-2016, 02:36 PM
My compressor to the rear shock was replaced under Best warranty the last of June. I only had about a wheel left of warranty. Cost me $50 deductible. The compressor alone costs over $320! I have a 2011 RTS SE5.

oldguyinTX
07-30-2016, 03:24 PM
The airbag might be covered: it's not really part of the shock; is it? :dontknow:
This is sounding like a "You better call BRP" type of conversation. :shocked:

Yep, gonna do that on Monday.

oldguyinTX
07-30-2016, 03:27 PM
My compressor to the rear shock was replaced under Best warranty the last of June. I only had about a wheel left of warranty. Cost me $50 deductible. The compressor alone costs over $320! I have a 2011 RTS SE5.

THAT'S what I wanted to hear!!134798

rcturner
07-30-2016, 08:04 PM
The BEST paperwork does say that shocks are not covered, as they are a "normal wear & tear" item.

The air bag is not a shock. It is an air spring and leakage that is not caused by some external force should be very unexpected. Check for pointy things making holes in the bag around the mounting surfaces.

Roadster Renovations
07-30-2016, 10:01 PM
The air bag is not a shock. It is an air spring and leakage that is not caused by some external force should be very unexpected. Check for pointy things making holes in the bag around the mounting surfaces.
Sharp rocks will collect around the bag and eventually wear a hole in it. What happened to mine. I put an aftermarket pump on mine when the replacement they put on only worked for about 3 days.

Bobleach45
07-31-2016, 09:32 AM
I have an extended warranty on my 2013 RT Ltd. It is through RPM and the Premium Coverage. I don't know if this is what everyone refers to as a Best Warranty. They just replaced my entire system. The leak in the bag caused the compressor to run so much that it burned out. They replaced both the bag and the compressor. They charged the warranty company $880.

Hope yours is covered. Maybe you caught yours in time and you won't need the compressor.

Highwayman2013
07-31-2016, 10:07 AM
Just had my compressor and air bag replaced. BEST paid for the compressor and I paid for the air bag and new hoses. Cost $350. The shock was replaced under regular warranty two years ago. Please note: The air ride and the shock are separate.

oldguyinTX
07-31-2016, 12:51 PM
Just had my compressor and air bag replaced. BEST paid for the compressor and I paid for the air bag and new hoses. Cost $350. The shock was replaced under regular warranty two years ago. Please note: The air ride and the shock are separate.

What was the reason that BEST only paid for the compressor & not the bag/hoses?

Highwayman2013
07-31-2016, 06:32 PM
They said those were not covered.