PDA

View Full Version : Bonneville Speed Week

Joerolwing
07-24-2016, 03:05 PM
I'm heading out from Nashville on Sunday, July 31 for my brother's place in Prescott, AZ, then we will ride to the salt flats west of Salt Lake City for Bonneville Speed Week, then back across to arrive in Nashville on Aug. 23. This is my first long trip, about 5,000 miles, on my recently acquired 2014 RT-S after aging out of 2 wheels. This will be our 15th annual ride together.

SpyderAnn01
07-24-2016, 03:11 PM
Have a great trip. We rode past the Salt Flats for the first time last month. Interesting place and very flat as the name implies. :roflblack: I'd suggest a cool vest for the trip as it will be plenty hot.

SPYD3R
07-24-2016, 03:49 PM
I'm heading out from Nashville on Sunday, July 31 for my brother's place in Prescott, AZ, then we will ride to the salt flats west of Salt Lake City for Bonneville Speed Week, then back across to arrive in Nashville on Aug. 23. This is my first long trip, about 5,000 miles, on my recently acquired 2014 RT-S after aging out of 2 wheels. This will be our 15th annual ride together.

IF YOU HAVEN'T YET, MAKE A SHORT DETORE OFF OF RT.15 NORTH ONTO RT.12 IN UTAH, AMERICANS MOST SCENIC HIGHWAY, IS ABSOLUTELY SUPERB...
ENJOY, RIDE SAFELY, AND KEEP US POSTED....
DAN
SPYD3R

Joerolwing
07-24-2016, 04:36 PM
IF YOU HAVEN'T YET, MAKE A SHORT DETORE OFF OF RT.15 NORTH ONTO RT.12 IN UTAH, AMERICANS MOST SCENIC HIGHWAY, IS ABSOLUTELY SUPERB...
ENJOY, RIDE SAFELY, AND KEEP US POSTED....
DAN
SPYD3R

Can you be a little more specific as to how to find this road please?

Derk
07-24-2016, 04:50 PM
One of the best rides in the U.S. is the Coronado Trail. It starts at Clifton, AZ, and ends at Springerville AZ. It's on Hwy. 191. Then have a cold one at the Palace Saloon in Prescott. Have a safe ride.

SpyderAnn01
07-24-2016, 07:58 PM
Highway #12 runs from Hanksville to Bryce Canyon UT. I would agree that it is one of the most incredible rides you will ever have!

12 West to 89 north to 70 West to 15 then Salt Lake

Jack

Highway #12 runs from Torrey to Bryce Canyon UT. I would agree that it is one of the most incredible rides you will ever have!

12 West to 89 north to 70 West to 15 then Salt Lake

Jack

Okay Jack make up your mind, is it Hanksville or Torrey??? :roflblack:

Joerolwing
07-24-2016, 08:01 PM
It turns out that I've been on Hwy 12, I checked with my brother. It was our first ride together 15 years ago. I had borrowed a bike of his before I had bought my own, and other than the MSF class, about 30 years since I had last ridden. The "road of no U turns has a way of making a lasting memory. We also did the Moki Dugway, both highly recommended.

jaherbst
07-24-2016, 10:13 PM
Okay Jack make up your mind, is it Hanksville or Torrey??? :roflblack:

Thanks Ann, it's Torrey. Thought I deleted that.

​Jack

Joerolwing
07-25-2016, 09:53 AM
One of the best rides in the U.S. is the Coronado Trail. It starts at Clifton, AZ, and ends at Springerville AZ. It's on Hwy. 191. Then have a cold one at the Palace Saloon in Prescott. Have a safe ride.
The huge Morenci copper mine just north of Clifton is also a site to behold.

Chupaca
07-25-2016, 11:55 AM
So once you get an eyefull of the beautiful roads and turn the corner onto the flats....watch for a spyder making a run. Saw a post a while ago of one of us is setting up for it. Hope they get all set and are able to make a run.....Have a safe trip and send some pic's...:ohyea: