PDA

View Full Version : Third brake light FYI

Tdugas
07-24-2016, 02:39 PM
Went on a 2 week road trip from St. Martinville, La.to Colorado and had no issues with the bike until yesterday, cruise would not work then the Limp mode came up and the spider symbol. I was only 3 miles away from a dealer in McAlester Ok. Called them up and they took me right in. John the technician checked it out and found that I was getting a voltage feed back to the brake pedal switch causing the problem. The ECU thinking I was riding the brake petal . We checked the wires from the third brake light and was getting 5 volts feedback from running light to brake light . We disconnected it and voltage went away. All was good the rest of my trip, the cruise control even worked again.. So just an FYI ..

IdahoMtnSpyder
07-24-2016, 06:17 PM
Went on a 2 week road trip from St. Martinville, La.to Colorado and had no issues with the bike until yesterday, cruise would not work then the Limp mode came up and the spider symbol. I was only 3 miles away from a dealer in McAlester Ok. Called them up and they took me right in. John the technician checked it out and found that I was getting a voltage feed back to the brake pedal switch causing the problem. The ECU thinking I was riding the brake petal . We checked the wires from the third brake light and was getting 5 volts feedback from running light to brake light . We disconnected it and voltage went away. All was good the rest of my trip, the cruise control even worked again.. So just an FYI ..
What third brake light are you using? Sounds like a bad ground developed or the light has gone bad with a cross feed internally from the runnng light to the brake light. Is it one with both running light and brake light in the same module?

jerpinoy
07-24-2016, 07:47 PM
awesome, :yes::yes::yes::yes:. Did you ride your brakes?

Lew L
07-24-2016, 10:50 PM
Hi Terril,

SURE would b nice to know which third brake light is causing your probems. Many of us here have the Custom dynamics High Mount Brake light and it would be really nice to know if it's going to cause problems???

Thanks,
Electrical gremilns do cause ------------ Kaos