PDA

View Full Version : Fog light adjustement???

Lew L
07-22-2016, 10:43 PM
Are the fog lights adjustable on the '14 and later RT's ??????? I've converted them to LED's ( one side is just EASY ---- the left side is a chore)

Kaos

BeRight
07-23-2016, 09:51 AM
Depends on what you mean by adjustable and what brand/source for your Fog Light LEDs. Spyder Fog Light housing does not provide any adjustment for whatever type of light is chosen.

Lamonster Garage LED Fog lights are adjustable for proper orientation of lighting - he shows how in his installation video. I believe he now presets them, so additional adjustment should not be needed but can be done with allen wrench.

sinkhole
08-29-2016, 03:30 PM
Don't know about the newer models, but my 2010 does have a vertical adjustment screw. See attached pic.136726

SpyderCruiser
08-29-2016, 05:35 PM
I own a 2015 RTL and was able to adjust the fog lights up much higher so now they are like driving lights with HID bulbs. If you remove the black plastic covers under the rear of the frunk you can see them. This is the cover like the one you remove to check the coolant.

It is a real MF to adjust them, used a small 1/4 drive ratchet and extension. It looks like they were suppose to have cables to adjust them like the headlight, but BRP cheeped out. There is also an adjustment for right and left make sure you turn the right screw.

Bob Denman
08-29-2016, 05:48 PM
By any chance; do you have a picture available of this adjustment stuff? :dontknow:

sinkhole
09-10-2016, 09:55 AM
By any chance; do you have a picture available of this adjustment stuff? :dontknow: Bob, here's what I used.

Bob Denman
09-10-2016, 12:02 PM
Thanks! :thumbup:
Now: where do you stick that? :D

No: I'm NOT going to go with the suggestion given by my Missus... :yikes: