PDA

View Full Version : West Coast BRP event and Transformers Premier

dltang
03-21-2009, 03:46 PM
I was just reading on the BRP site and came across this tidbit of info. This is what you are talking about, right Lamont? for the June trip. This would be a blast and I think if I had to choose between this and Gatlinburg, this would win.

BRP Can-Am Spyder Marketing -> Absolutely! We're very excited about this year's Official Spyder Owner's Gathering. It will take place on June 26 to 28 in Los Angeles CA. The key date is Saturday June 27 for the Premiere of Transformers II which will feature Spyder roadsters. Activities will take place at Universal Studios City Walk Hollywood. It's going to be a blast. And, just like the Valcourt Homecoming, we have a number of surprises in store!!! All official details and registration forms will be online at www.SpyderRyder.com as of April 2, 2009.

dltang
03-21-2009, 03:47 PM
Here is another good tidbit of info:

BRP Can-Am Spyder Marketing -> More info on L.A. event on SpyderRyder.com as of April 2nd, 2009. We will raffle off 10 VIP passes to visit Jay Leno's Garage for early bird registrations.

dltang
03-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Hey Lamont,
I was doing some checking on the maps and we could meet you in Oklahoma City. That is where we would pick up route 40 without a whole lot of extra hours added to the trip. This will give bjt and I a chance to get an Iron Butt in if we wanted to try. It is just over 1000 miles to OKC from our house and I know we can do it in less than 24 hours.

Lamonster
03-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Hey Lamont,
I was doing some checking on the maps and we could meet you in Oklahoma City. That is where we would pick up route 40 without a whole lot of extra hours added to the trip. This will give bjt and I a chance to get an Iron Butt in if we wanted to try. It is just over 1000 miles to OKC from our house and I know we can do it in less than 24 hours.

Sounds great, we just have to set a date.:doorag:

aka1004
03-21-2009, 04:42 PM
weeeeeeee!!!!
right in my backyard almost:2thumbs::yes::yes::yes::2thumbs:

more reason for us to get together folks.
spyder addicts' first ryde on mar 29th 10am, marina del rey to santa barbara!!!!

VIspyderman
03-21-2009, 04:48 PM
This is great news. I've been bugging my BRP Spyder rep for details. I've booked my time off. Will leave Vancouver Island on the 24th and burn down to LA. Looking forward to meeting lots of you there.
:2excited::clap::clap::2thumbs::2thumbs::clap::cla p::2excited::yes:

dltang
03-21-2009, 09:17 PM
Sounds great, we just have to set a date.:doorag:

I don't know if you have anything specific in mind yet but here is what I've been thinking. If bjt and I left here on Tuesday morning the 23rd of June we could get to Checotah, Ok (just east of Oklahoma City practically on I-40) by late that evening. The reason we chose that spot is there is a campground there called Terra Star RV park. Brian's mom has a membership to Coast to Coast RV parks and we can tent camp for free. For our ride out and back, we are going to have to go on a shoestring. Anyway, I figure we could head out of there on the 24th in the AM. We chose one more spot along the way to stop on the night of the 24th and then get riding on the 25th. That puts us in or near LA late on the 25th and we can be refreshed for the first of the events on the 26th. How does that sound? Does it fit into your ride plans at all. I am open to many options. I will investigate further for places to stay the second night. I will keep you informed of my ideas and you keep me informed too. I am getting so very excited about this. I already sent ******** a PM telling him we finally get to meet in person. I will make sure of that.

I found some info on a stop for the second night already. It means another long day of riding for day 2 but leave on the 24th from Checotah, OK and head to Bullhead City, AZ for the night of the 24th. That only leaves us with about 5 hours to LA on the 25th. In Bullhead City there is a campground called Ridgeview RV Resort that we could camp at. How does it sound so far?

Firefly
03-21-2009, 09:43 PM
That is one looooooong ride you guys are planning.

Better get a case of monkey-butt powder!

bjt
03-21-2009, 10:10 PM
Better than a case of Monkey Butt Powder, we both got Russell "Day Long" saddles. :D With all that riding, we might change the name to "Week Long" saddles. :D