PDA

View Full Version : WHO USES EARBUDS?

oldguyinTX
07-18-2016, 08:45 AM
For those of you who ryde with earbuds rather than having speakers in your helmet, what brand do you use? Are you using them with a Sena 10s or 20s headset? How would you rate the sound quality and,or comfort? I ask because our 3 year old SMH10 headsets are staring to get wonky. More distortion, and the intercom sounds like you are talking into a tin can. So, I'm thinking of upgrading to the 10s, as it seems to be less complicated than the 20s. Any advice/insight from the community would be greatly appreciated.

Pirate looks at --
07-18-2016, 08:52 AM
I use a set of BOSE in ear buds. They fit inside the ear so they don't effect the fit of you helmet. Sound is pretty good. Better than the speakers that came with our Cardo unit. We are thinking about upgrading to a Sena 20s in the near future.

M109Dreamer
07-18-2016, 09:19 AM
I havent found a set that are worth a crap or are loud enough at freeway speeds. I have tried all kinds of sets to include a Jabra bluetooth set. The only ones I have found to be any decent are the skullcandy ear buds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

daniel227
07-18-2016, 11:03 AM
I too use Bose ear buds, I'm hard of hearing and wear hearing aids,which I can not have in while wearing my helmet. While wearing the Bose earbuds I can hear my music and talk on the phone and I hear most things clearly. I had the 10s and they worked well but now we have the 20s and me and the wife like the 20s just a little better. And I only have the volume just above half way up.

ThreeWheels
07-18-2016, 01:18 PM
Dwight,
Try the FUZE music.
I can't vouch for them personally, but I know others are pleased.

http://earfuze.com/

SL Ken
07-18-2016, 01:55 PM
I have two different kinds. Skull candy, which were about $15. And the ones that came with my Samsung phone. Both are ok. The Skull candy are a little more comfortable. The speakers that came with my Sena S 20 are crap and only get sound out of the left side anyway. Not a huge fan of the S20 but for the amount that you pay for them, I am going to use them until something better comes along and makes me want to dump them.

cuznjohn
07-18-2016, 02:00 PM
my friend rode with them all the time, i felt they blocked his hearing quite a bit

bmccaffrey
07-18-2016, 07:40 PM
You an put volume booster with buds.

I have one hooked to my torx helmet speakers.

If u want will blow your ears off

Trickie Dick
07-18-2016, 07:58 PM
I've used S-Plugs for the past 5 years or so. They have a 22" cord so there is no dangling cords flying around in the wind. They fit in the ear and are comfortable enough I can wear them all day with no ill effects. They have excellent sound quality. I guess the only down side is they are not cheap. I tried the cheap ones and I couldn't wear them more than an hour or so before they hurt my ears. These are 5 years old and still working great so I think I've gotten my money's worth.
http://www.plugup.com/the_S_plug_stereo_earbuds_s/67.htm

Trickie Dick
07-18-2016, 08:00 PM
I've used S-Plugs for the past 5 years or so. They have a 22" cord so there is no dangling cords flying around in the wind. They fit in the ear and are comfortable enough I can wear them all day with no ill effects. They have excellent sound quality. I guess the only down side is they are not cheap. I tried the cheap ones and I couldn't wear them more than an hour or so before they hurt my ears. These are 5 years old and still working great so I think I've gotten my money's worth. I use them with the S20 now and they plug right into the headset. http://www.plugup.com/the_S_plug_stereo_earbuds_s/67.htm

Johnny_Swindle
07-19-2016, 07:45 PM
I use the following:

Panasonic ErgoFit Best in Class In-Ear Earbud Headphones RP-HJE120-K (Black) Dynamic Crystal Clear Sound, Ergonomic Comfort-Fit, No Mic, iPhone, Android Compatible, Noise Isolating Headphones

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B003EM8008/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My wife and I completed a 3,000 mile trip using these....comfortable and allowed me to still hear traffic. I use them with my SMH 10's. The price is very resonable.