PDA

View Full Version : My Sypder RT is hissing

KosherKid
07-18-2016, 07:37 AM
I'm a relatively new owner. I was moving my Spyder slowly out of the garage yesterday without earplugs and helmet and I heard it hissing at me. My passenger commented that she has heard the hiss before during a ride.

Is this normal? I know it does have an air shock which seems to be holding pressure.

Thanks for any and all help.

Bob Denman
07-18-2016, 07:42 AM
It would help if we knew exactly which model RT you had... nojoke
Operating under the assumption that it's either an RT-S, or a Limited: that's just your ACS system, and it was adjusting the ride height of your bike.
All is normal! :D

If it's a base RT model: your pet rattlesnakes in the top trunk are getting anxious! :roflblack:

AeroPilot
07-18-2016, 07:58 AM
It would help if we knew exactly which model RT you had... nojoke
Operating under the assumption that it's either an RT-S, or a Limited: that's just your ACS system, and it was adjusting the ride height of your bike.
All is normal! :D

If it's a base RT model: your pet rattlesnakes in the top trunk are getting anxious! :roflblack:

I usually hear it adjust to a change in rider load when I or the wife dismount from the rear seat at a stop. More noticeable in an enclosed space like a garage or near a building at a stop. An pressure compensating valve will release some air to balance the support to the new load (the height sensing linkage is attached to the left middle of the swingarm).

KosherKid
07-18-2016, 10:16 AM
I guess knowing model does help, I have a 2011 RT-AC. No rattlesnake was included so I guess it's the ACS system.

Thanks.

Bob Denman
07-18-2016, 11:00 AM
:shocked: That's a horse of a different color...

The Audio and Convenience bikes didn't get the ACS as standard equipment.
But it might have been added by the prior owner. The buttons on the panel beneath the bars: You have one for the parking brake/frunk release, and one for the handwarmers.
Are there any others present?

Lastchance
07-18-2016, 11:48 AM
My F3 hisses at me after a ride and my hearing isn't that good turned out to be gas cap letting off pressure from the tank

Buckeye Bleau
07-18-2016, 12:14 PM
Does it happen most noticeably when your wife is on the back?

if so it may be her, mine does! :roflblack:

Joe

Bob Denman
07-18-2016, 12:18 PM
:shocked: Mine just bites!! :yikes: