PDA

View Full Version : SPYDER RIDE

The_Spyderwoman
03-20-2009, 04:46 PM
MidAmerica Spyder Ryders will go on their first organized ride April 4th. We are leaving from Ted's MotorcycleWorld; parking brakes off @ 10AM!!! We will travel north on Route 100 "The Great River Road" through Grafton and up to Marquette Park. We will take a trip through Marquette park and stop at one (or more ) of the great lookouts! Then we will be off to Hardin, IL crossing the Illinois River and will have a great lunch at the Illinois Riverdock Restaurant – 310 S Park Street, Hardin, IL 62047 – known for their great beef brisket! Then returning on Route 1 the Illinois River Road and back across the river on the Brussels Ferry. Hope you can join us!! All bikes are WELCOME !! Our Spyders don’t byte!

spyderbitten
04-03-2009, 12:28 PM
Still on for tomorrow? Trying to work this ride in........hope to meet everyone tormorrow.

Mike

The_Spyderwoman
04-03-2009, 02:12 PM
:2thumbs: The ride is on! Looks like we're gonna have great weather - last I saw was 68 and sunny!!:yes::yes: I can't wait to see more than one spyder together riding!! It should be fun!! Ryde Safe! We'll meet at Ted's!:thumbup: my cell - 6188061898

thewaynewayneman
04-05-2009, 11:40 AM
:2excited:

MidAmerica Spyder Ryders will go on their first organized ride April 4th. We are leaving from Ted's MotorcycleWorld; parking brakes off @ 10AM!!! We will travel north on Route 100 "The Great River Road" through Grafton and up to Marquette Park. We will take a trip through Marquette park and stop at one (or more ) of the great lookouts! Then we will be off to Hardin, IL crossing the Illinois River and will have a great lunch at the Illinois Riverdock Restaurant – 310 S Park Street, Hardin, IL 62047 – known for their great beef brisket! Then returning on Route 1 the Illinois River Road and back across the river on the Brussels Ferry. Hope you can join us!! All bikes are WELCOME !! Our Spyders don’t byte!

The_Spyderwoman
04-05-2009, 12:01 PM
:agree: I can't wait for the next ride!!

New Club Photo :2thumbs:

Lamonster
04-05-2009, 12:13 PM
:agree: I can't wait for the next ride!!

New Club Photo :2thumbs:
Wow that's great. How many Spyders showed up? :clap:

The_Spyderwoman
04-05-2009, 02:49 PM
There are 13 :spyder2: in the photo in my last post and 11 went on the ride. :clap: There were approx. 3 that couldn't make the ride and wanted to for various reasons. :dontknow:

We had a couple harley's, honda's and a buell also in the ride!!

I sure do commend the ones that came in from a distance! :firstplace: The morning started off in the upper 40's (temp.). It was a pretty chilly ride in for them but the day turned out great!! :yes: :yes:

The total distance of the ride was close to 105 miles!:doorag:

spyderbitten
04-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Thanks to all for a fun, well organized, and most of all safe ride. We had a great time. The "Great River Road" was absolutely beautiful. Sorry we did not get to visit with each individual person this time but perhaps the next trip we will be able to.
Ted's motorcycle world was very impressive also. Got to visit with the service dept and do some business with the parts dept. Everyone was friendly and very helpful. I think I may schedule my 12,000 mile service with Ted's to try them out. Do most of you in Alton area use them, and are you satisfied with them?
Again thanks for the invitation to ride with you, we hope to do it again. Also if anyone wants to head west to the Columbia area we would be glad to meet up with you and show you some of our great scenery also.

P.S we too have a great little cafe that produces some award winning beef brisket. We came and tried yours, how about you all come try ours?

Thanks again

Mike & Liz :2thumbs: