PDA

View Full Version : Rear Sahock

manxman
07-16-2016, 03:34 PM
2014 RT rear air shock (manual preload) Seems no matter how much air is in it it (35-70 lbs)is a harsh ride, solo or two up. Has anyone replaced it with a Fox or other brans spring type preload ?......Thanks

Roadster Renovations
07-16-2016, 08:35 PM
Might have a bad compressor or a leak in the air bag. (I am in the middle of repairing both) Take an air chuck and check your pressure from the valve underneath the seat. A good, leak free system will stay within 5 lbs over an 8 hour period.
If the air bag is not up, it will give you a very rough ride. The rear shock only travels about 4" total on my bike. That makes for a very hard ride.

manxman
07-17-2016, 06:24 AM
Might have a bad compressor or a leak in the air bag. (I am in the middle of repairing both) Take an air chuck and check your pressure from the valve underneath the seat. A good, leak free system will stay within 5 lbs over an 8 hour period.
If the air bag is not up, it will give you a very rough ride. The rear shock only travels about 4" total on my bike. That makes for a very hard ride.

I checked connections and no leaks, holds pressure O.K. Rides rough even right after checking correct pressure. Thanks anyway. I have to say I think they could have done a lot better in the suspension department, already replaced the front with fox shocks.