PDA

View Full Version : Mirror Problem

txhood
07-15-2016, 04:30 PM
I have a 14 RT Limited. The clear lens on the front of the left mirror has condensation in it. I took the mirror off and can't see a way to remove the lens. Anyone know what would cause this or how to take the mirror apart to dry it out and check the seals?

MEP
07-15-2016, 05:48 PM
I have a 14 RT Limited. The clear lens on the front of the left mirror has condensation in it. I took the mirror off and can't see a way to remove the lens. Anyone know what would cause this or how to take the mirror apart to dry it out and check the seals?

I had that same issue last year, and it was replaced under warranty.

Bob Denman
07-15-2016, 05:54 PM
That's your turnsignal; right?
Other than the spot where you can get to the bulb (for replacing it), those things should be sealed.
You could take a tube of silicon sealer, and carefully spread it along any seams that are visible; it might just catch the problem point.

But if it were mine: the dealer would get a call, and the warranty would get some exercise!
Good Luck! Let us know what happens. :thumbup:

finless
07-16-2016, 10:07 AM
The light unit is sealed BUT with that said you can pry it apart.
The rubber sticky seal remains if you don't tear it up and you can reassemble it.
I have done it.

But if you under warranty I would just get it replaced.

Bob

txhood
07-16-2016, 10:37 PM
Those of you who had the mirror replaced under warranty, did the dealer require you to leave the bike? I drove to Mancuso's in Houston today, which is a 2 hour ride, and explained my issue. Service manager said they would open a case but I would have to leave the bike. I said,"for a mirror" and he said yes. So I will have to make another trip with my wife to bring me home.

Dan McNally
07-16-2016, 10:45 PM
Those of you who had the mirror replaced under warranty, did the dealer require you to leave the bike? I drove to Mancuso's in Houston today, which is a 2 hour ride, and explained my issue. Service manager said they would open a case but I would have to leave the bike. I said,"for a mirror" and he said yes. So I will have to make another trip with my wife to bring me home.
Makes no sense. They should order the part if they don't have it in stock, and then call you in to change it. I takes, what, 3 minutes to change a mirror?

SpyderAnn01
07-16-2016, 11:21 PM
Dan's right, they should be able to order the part after your visit today. There is no way I'd leave mine while they are waiting for a part to arrive.

Bfromla
07-17-2016, 01:04 AM

Wow sad :lecturef_smilie:, he knows how unlikely you are to return if you already had 2hr ride to him:barf: Did they try anything, even pull the mirror off to look like they did??

BajaRon
07-17-2016, 05:36 AM
Sounds like a ploy to get you out the door without having to do anything at all.

MEP
07-17-2016, 07:06 AM

No, I didn't have to leave mine. I rode in and showed them the issue, they ordered a new turn signal assembly, and then they called me when it was in.

Bob Denman
07-17-2016, 07:57 AM
:shocked: Wow... They're a true bunch of :cus:-Heads; aren't they?
I'd go right to the owner of the place, and explain (loudly), that there's no need to leave a bike, while ordering a part like this. :gaah:

txhood
07-17-2016, 08:34 AM
Service manager said BRP often asked questions about bike and he needs it there to answer them. Those who said he was simply trying to get me out of the shop so he didn't have to get off his backside, I think you may be right

Bob Denman
07-17-2016, 08:49 AM
:shocked::hun:
Having the bike in front of him might tell him the V.I.N., the mileage, and the color...
If he knows how to hold pencil: he should be able to write that info down.