PDA

View Full Version : ACTION MAGAZINE NEVER HEARD OF SPYDERLOVERS!!!

HotWheels
03-20-2009, 03:14 PM
Well seeing the cover to my new issue of Action Magazine is what lead me to write this today. As I read the article about Ricky James I question my self. I wonder if there was an issue where a disabled person has ever been interviewed on a SPYDER. I took upon myself to call the publishers and ask. Of course I got an answering machine and before I just brushed it off and gave up I left my information and my question on the recording. To my surprise the next day on my daily internet searching I get a phone call from Chris Person a representative for ACTION magazine and United Spinal Association. I talked his ear off about my story and the greatness of the SPYDER and the many of disabled and non disabled people I have met and read about on SPYDERLOVERS.com he found the whole full story interesting. He had never had heard about the CAN-AM Spyder at all and was very intrigued about the whole situation. I even asked him if they ever had any one approach him about the spyder and having one at any of the disability expos and to my surprise no to that question too. After giving him time to talk he said he would look into doing so as well as taking a good look at spyderlovers web site for all the info he can find. Plus look up some images and info on the can-am spyder itself. I even offered myself to show up to the expo in my spyder so they can see hands on the enjoyment I get. I would like to ask anyone near the expo area or even anywhere that is able to come on the dates of:

June 27-28, 2009 to:
Independence Expo-Long Island
Suffolk Community College
Sports & Exhibition Complex
Crooked Hill Road
Brentwood, NY 11717

It would be nice to show up in a group with as many spyder ryders as possible and show others with disabilities that it doesn’t have to be endless days of just looking out the windows and watching others enjoy there life. Well Chris also said if there is anyone that would like to contact him and help him with any other info that can help him to even get a representative of CAN-AM to please contact him Attn: Chris Person at ACTION@UNITEDSPINAL.ORG (ACTION@UNITEDSPINAL.ORG) and just give any information to get us as spyder ryders more heard you never know we can probably be on the next cover issue of ACTION.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=59&pictureid=1473

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=59&pictureid=1474

tatt2r
03-20-2009, 03:14 PM
because they suck:D:coffee:
just kidding ...maybe you should write in ... send them a link

Roaddog2
03-20-2009, 04:15 PM
:2thumbs::2thumbs:

tazz
03-20-2009, 04:19 PM
:2thumbs::congrats:

Roger
03-20-2009, 04:38 PM
Hotwheels good job not many people would have done what you did.
By the way where have you been hiding now i have to go back and take your picture off the milk cartons. :cus:

HotWheels
03-20-2009, 06:40 PM
LOL Roger
Well with the weather being so crappy here in Brooklyn NY I decided to put my bike in the shop about two or three weeks ago for a transmission error I got on the display. Thank god it was just something simple also I wanted to get a price on the hydraulic braking setup but that is another story they wanted to much just for labor so I had a tune up done and another key made because I lost my spare one some were in my house. So they did manage to get me for a couple of bucks but hey I will be picking it up tomorrow since today was the first day of spring and snow had to show its face one more time so I plan to scare the snow away for good with some hard a$$ ridding this weekend so don’t go taking out that picture out just yet because I might be disappearing on the road LOL :doorag:

0228lisa
03-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Good job.:thumbup:

Firefly
03-21-2009, 01:33 AM
Great that you are making the Spyder so well known in this realm, but I'm not really surprized they have not heard of the Spyder or Spyderlovers.

Without people like you letting them know - they would never know!