PDA

View Full Version : It's been a month

Spydroe
03-20-2009, 02:41 PM
It's been a month today and I still don't have mine back from the dealer. I called today and he said he ordered the pump and is waiting. I asked if he ordered the sensor and he said that was just an internet thing. He did finally call the dealer that fixed Baja Rons.

aubierules
03-20-2009, 02:56 PM
It's been a month today and I still don't have mine back from the dealer. I called today and he said he ordered the pump and is waiting. I asked if he ordered the sensor and he said that was just an internet thing. He did finally call the dealer that fixed Baja Rons.
what problems are u having? is it the shifting issue? if so what pump are they replacing?

Spydroe
03-20-2009, 03:05 PM
what problems are u having? is it the shifting issue? if so what pump are they replacing?
I took it in for the power steering that I never had in eleven thousand miles.

Roaddog2
03-20-2009, 04:28 PM
I guess that Sickbay some of us saw at Valcourt is just a waste of time :ani29:

aubierules
03-20-2009, 04:53 PM
I took it in for the power steering that I never had in eleven thousand miles.
ok thanks

Donzo
03-20-2009, 06:10 PM
Bad news - a month w/o the Spyder has got to hurt, esp. with the current weather we are having. Good news is that I heard they using your bike for demos :(
Hope you get your toy back soon...

Firefly
03-20-2009, 06:22 PM
There is no such thing as a 'Pump' in the power steering system of the Spyder. Either someone is confused, or your dealing is telling you a tale.

ataDude
03-20-2009, 06:45 PM
He's got to be talking about the entire DPS unit... has been replaced a number of times for "no power steering" at all.

There is no such thing as a 'Pump' in the power steering system of the Spyder. Either someone is confused, or your dealing is telling you a tale.

Spydroe
03-20-2009, 07:33 PM
Yes it is the whole electrical unit for the power steering.

Spydroe
03-21-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm missing a lot of perfect riding weather here waiting for this to get done.

AnthonyG
03-25-2009, 07:37 AM
I'm missing a lot of perfect riding weather here waiting for this to get done.

Sorry to hear of your wait time. Long story but mine was in shop for almost 7 weeks for GBPS and spring to be replaced. A yellow spyder was at shop for steering issues before I left mine. Was still there when I picked mine up. Wait time has been a real problem for many. I told someone that was looking at a new Spyder to do his research before purchasing. I wish I had or that someone had told me of all the problems that Spyders have. I will tell anyone that asks about my Spyder to look elsewhere or wait until BRP gets the many issues resolved. I don't want anyone to have the headaches that I have had with this machine. I've owned four and a half months, has been in shop for roughly 9 weeks of that time. :banghead:

DragonSpyder
03-25-2009, 08:54 AM
I have had many issues with my Spyder and have been to the dealer at least 15 times. I refuse to leave the Spyder overnight! I get much pushback on this but I hold my ground and have not lost a single day of riding. Don't let the dealer convince you to leave it.

Firefly
03-25-2009, 09:08 AM
I have had many issues with my Spyder and have been to the dealer at least 15 times. I refuse to leave the Spyder overnight! I get much pushback on this but I hold my ground and have not lost a single day of riding. Don't let the dealer convince you to leave it.

I fully understand you not wanting to leave it, and I had the same opinion at first, but then realized I was being unrealistic in thinking they could fix certain problems in only 1 days time. I also determined that I have better things to do than sit around for 8 hours in their lobby waiting for it to be fixed.

So I decided to drop it off and leave it for my 6,000 mile service and to have the steering issues looked at. They had it for 1 week and got it all fixed. From others on here I didn't expect to have it back in a week. I was going to call if it hit 2 weeks, complain if it hit 3, and go ape**** on them if it hit 4 weeks.

I would not accept any repair on the Spyder taking 3-4 weeks - heads would ROLL.

So I think you need to give a little here if you reall want your bike fixed properly. Is there a particular reason you can't leave it overnight?